Incoming SMS: no sound, no led blinking, no pop-up notification

Search This thread

Gpx85

Nov 24, 2007
Trento
Dear friends,

first of all, I'd like to wish you a merry xmas. I hope you're enjoying with your families, friends, lovers, and so on.

I have a quick question which I hope you can answer avoiding me to throw my Kaiser out of the window:
yesterday I upgraded to wm 6.1 but I've been experiencing this problem for two weeks now, even though I had wm 6.

When I receive a SMS I get no audio/pop-up/led notifications at all. No icon in the taskbar.
I checked the settings and everything is alright.

I think none of the installed apps inhibits the notification.

Any ideas mates?

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
Kindest regards,

Gian Paolo

KMFM$

Jun 20, 2005
Ohio
Start > Settings > Sounds & Notifications > Notifications Tab. Under event, hit the drop down box and select, "Messaging: New text message". Now you will see your options for when you receive a new text message (i.e.- display on screen, play sound, vibrate, etc.).

Gpx85

Nov 24, 2007
Trento
Thanks lad, but I said the settings are ok. I checked the whole list.
And I also checked the registry and everything is alright.

I really dunno what could be...

Gpx85

Nov 24, 2007
Trento
Hi Carty.

I use Opera Mini 4.2... I think it does not affect the registry or something.
However I'll try to remove it!

Thanks and happy xmas

micari

Dec 2, 2008
Shanghai
SMS notifications

Hi,

I'd the same issue on my tytn II after editing the registry to disable the chat like SMS inbox.

Reverting the change in registry makes the notifications work again.

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

micari

nexus6

Jul 12, 2006
Gothenburg
!!! Finally !!!

Been looking everywhere for someone with this problem, thank you thank you thank you for the solution, uninstalled Opera and it doesn't reset the SMS notification settings anymore.

Happy new year by the way !

// Nex

stylez

Moderator Emeritus
!!! Finally !!!

Been looking everywhere for someone with this problem, thank you thank you thank you for the solution, uninstalled Opera and it doesn't reset the SMS notification settings anymore.

Happy new year by the way !

// Nex

Interested in what solved this as Opera Mini doesn't write any reg entrys and resides in appdb, so was it Opera Mobile that was causing the issue?
Please when you have reolved an issue post the exacts to what solved it as it helps other users who may face the same issue.

kilrah

Sep 16, 2005
Sounds like it was the well known bug of that Opera Mobile beta that was clearing the notifications.

tolol

Mar 26, 2009
Dear friends,

first of all, I'd like to wish you a merry xmas. I hope you're enjoying with your families, friends, lovers, and so on.

I have a quick question which I hope you can answer avoiding me to throw my Kaiser out of the window:
yesterday I upgraded to wm 6.1 but I've been experiencing this problem for two weeks now, even though I had wm 6.

When I receive a SMS I get no audio/pop-up/led notifications at all. No icon in the taskbar.
I checked the settings and everything is alright.

I think none of the installed apps inhibits the notification.

Any ideas mates?

Thanks a lot for your kind help.
Kindest regards,

Gian Paolo

try use this...

Attachments

• ActiveSync.zip
    396 bytes · Views: 100
Last edited:

usukk

Jun 15, 2009
i struggled with this problem for days.
when you turn off threading, you will hear no sound, vibrating or other notification.

i found a way to use the function and also show sms in the "old" not threaded style.
now my phone rings and vibrates on new text messages. hallelujah!

i edited my registry with "Schapp's registry editor"

first i changed the "SMSAvailable" value to "1":

["HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings]
name="SMSAvailable" value="1" datatype="integer"

i don't know why but it is required for notification sound and vibrating again :p

now i wanted to have my messages in the "old", not threaded style.

for this i created an new key "/OEM" with following value:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s\OEM]
Name: SMSInboxThreadingDisabled
With: dword, 1

after editing my registry i did a soft-reset. not sure if necessary :p

yeah! now i have my text messages shown in "old style" and notification works fine.