Experiences with ART?

Search This thread

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Was searching through dev settings when to my surprise I saw dalvik/art. Anybody want to share their experiences so far? Improvements or bugs?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
I haven't had any apps that didn't like ART yet. Definitely makes things faster/smoother having the apps pre-compiled.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Nov 21, 2012
ART is part of KK so yes, it would be included. I turned it on and things are really smooth. Loving my M8.

bloodiedwraith

Aug 22, 2008
New York
ART is part of KK so yes, it would be included. I turned it on and things are really smooth. Loving my M8.

Just because it's part of KitKat doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be included; the HTC One M7 didn't have it because Sense 5.5 and below weren't optimized for it.

However, I just switched to ART to see how it runs - so far everything has been smooth but then again I only switched about 2 hours ago.

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I used art on my i605 and Toro. Saw more of a difference on those phones. This phone is just too smooth for art :) I disabled it not long after enabling because a couple of my apps don't get along with it.

c5satellite2

Mar 2, 2012
I used art on my i605 and Toro. Saw more of a difference on those phones. This phone is just too smooth for art :) I disabled it not long after enabling because a couple of my apps don't get along with it.

What apps if you don't mind sharing with the rest of us?

XfrostX

Oct 30, 2008
Polaris Office Viewer doesnt seem to work with ART. Also the camera began to become a little finicky for some reason. had to switch back

x70xchallengerx

Apr 8, 2012
www.nbdesign.xyz
I was using ART for a bit but honestly I don't see any speed improvements over dalvik on this phone. My DNA yes, it was night and day, but on this it's snappy as hell either way. I switched back to dalvik to use xposed :)

oneandroidnut

Jun 5, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
i tried last night. took FOREVER to reboot and then go through starting all the apps. then my tap to wake and gestures didnt work. i went back to dalvik and all is fine. did i need to let set in and cool off?? and yes the phone is stupid smooth normal can art make even smoother? idk

Soulripper180

Aug 12, 2010
Chicago, IL
I've enabled art myself took forever to start up actually was getting a tad irritated then it finally came back on in my opinion it runs a little smoother haven't had any problems at all with apps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What apps if you don't mind sharing with the rest of us?

Threes. Order of chaos. A few older Gameloft games as well. And then some misc apps that have been abandoned.