[Kernel]Vivid ICS(v007)OC~1.73GHz/UV/ZRAM/Intellidemand/DualCore/PowerSaving[Jun-07]

Search This thread

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
NOTICE: This is COMPATIBLE with ALL Vivid Rooted Stock and Custom ROMs

For frequency control use fauxclock from Google Play

Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is of course covered under GPL version 2. Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. I have donated a large sum of my free time to hack this kernel. If you use my modified kernel source in parts or in its entirety, I kindly ask you mention its origins and to send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel hack further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source. Thank you :cool:

Hi XDA members and fellow Vivid users:

This is my tenth kernel hack. I want to thank Erasmux, and several others I cannot recall for inspiring me to venture into this unfamiliar territory for me.

What is a Kernel? The Kernel is the Foundation in which everything else builds upon in any software system.
[Car Analogy]: Kernel is like the Engine, Electrical system and the Transmission to a car. The Library, Framework and the Apps [AKA ROM] are the body frame and the rest of the Car.

THIS KERNEL is BASED ON HTC Source Code. So it is COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH HTC ICS Vivid Builds.

Please DO NOT use any task killers, they DO NOT improve performance nor battery life. They INTERFERE with your phone's stability (more crashes) and App compatibilities (Forced Close).

CleanCache (via ZCache backend)

ZCACHE is a new technology I introduced to HTC Kernel. ZCACHE is a compressed cache similar to ZRAM but the similarity ends there. ZCache is meant to provide as many "cleancache" pages (non-dirty or untouched "virgin" memory) to apps that request for new memory. CleanCache is very easy to allocate and no additional penalty are required to hand them out, so having more CleanCache pages will improve performance. Under heavy memory pressure, often times the kernel will NOT have enough CleanCache pages, so the kernel has to do EXTRA work to reclaim dirty cache pages and clean them for the new apps that's requesting for them. The described process creates a performance hit for the kernel and the app, so the idea is to use compression to create more CleanCache pages available for use. Of course there's a penalty to pay for using compression, but the trade-off between compression penalty and the penalty for reclaiming dirty cache pages and allocating them after cleaning is smaller for compression, so in the end, CleanCache should add more performance.

ZRAM (aka CompCache aka RAMZSwap)

ZRAM is an updated version formally known as CompCache and RAMZSwap. It was originally designed for 2.6.38.xx kernels, I have backported to our 2.6.35.xx kernel. ZRAM allows real-time compression of memory objects in RAM thus reducing memory pressure for the Linux kernel and can keep more apps in memory longer (more apps in RAM == better performance, less fetching from slower MMC or SDCard). Compression, however, is not Free. Some CPU cycles are required to do the compress/decompression, so there's a slight penalty for it. The original CompCache / RAMZSwap required a user space binary to control its behavior which adds additional penalty to performance, but the new version ZRAM eliminated the need for a separate dedicated daemon, thus reducing the overhead and increased performance from the old CompCache by 20%. Therefore, with the newer implementation of ZRAM interface, the performance penalty is almost negligible. :D

Joe's RCU (Optimized for Small SMP systems)

Joe Korty has created an RCU for small SMP systems (> 32 cores). His approach is to isolate all the Garbage Collection (GC, a slow time consuming but necessary processing) to a single core, thus allowing other cores to ONLY work on real required processing. This will allow the additional cores to complete their assigned tasks as fast as possible (not bogged down by GC) then immediately go back to a suspended state (saving battery).

Fast No Hz RCU (Optimized for SMP operations)

Fast NoHz is an optimized version of the traditional Tree RCU. Many new kernels are using the Tickless NoHz design. This RCU is tailored and designed to work with the new NoHz kernel system.

SmartAssV2 Governor (Balanced)

This governor has a built-in "profile" similar to SetCPU, so screen off will use lower clock rate thus conserve more battery, but it also has a fast wake up feature so that user interaction will not see the lag when switching from Sleep to Wake state.... (So SetCPU Profiles are sorta redundant when using this governor, you can still use SetCPU to OC to higher than default Clock frequency).

Interactive Governor (Performance)

This governor is designed to put more priority to User Interface (UI aka Apps) tasks, therefore appears more responsive then the traditional OnDemand governor. So if you want the smoothest UI interaction, this governor is for you...

Brain F*ck Scheduler - (BFS)

This scheduler is designed to be simple and speedy tailor specifically for user interface type systems such as desktop/smart phone devices where user interaction is MORE important than serving 1 million web requests (CFS, the default scheduler) at the same time (think of nimble desktop workstations vs large corporate servers).

SLQB - (SLAB allocator with Queue)

This memory allocator is designed for small number of CPUs system (such as desktop or smart phone devices). This allocator is design to be simple and it is optimized for using order-0 pages as much as possible (order-0 pages are the simplest therefore quickest type of memory in a Linux system to allocate). Not all kernels are using SLQB including CM7 main line...

Fair Budget Queue (BFQ I/O scheduler)

This I/O scheduler is an improvement on top of Completely Fair Queue (CFQ). CFQ is fair in terms of time but not in terms of throughput / bandwidth, so BFQ make sure that both time and throughput / bandwidth are balanced across all requests.

Kernel Files:

******* Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x) ******* (Linux 3.0.33)

[ CFS ] (Ultimate Edition) *** S-ON ***
The File ==> Vivid Kernel 007 (1.73 GHz, GPU @ 320MHz, ZRAM) <==

[ CFS ] (Ultimate Edition) *** S-OFF ***

[ Optional: ]

Files to DISABLE Sweep2Wake:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25538084&postcount=6616

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

The File ==> My Global VDD_TABLE for under volt patch <==
The File ==> KGSL Ring Buffer Power Management Patch for Cordy and Ninja Jump <==

Optional Under voltage: Version 0.1.4+ ONLY

Code:
[ to over volt ALL frequencies by 25000 uv (microvolts) ]
echo "+25000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
[ to under volt ALL frequencies by 25000 uv (microvolts) ]
echo "-25000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels

[ to set a specific frequency (ie 1.18 GHz) 
  with a specific voltage (ie 1.0875 volts) ]
echo "1188000 1087500" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
CPU Frequency Voltage Table Example
Code:
  192000:   812500
  310500:   812500
  384000:   812500
  432000:   812500
  486000:   837500
  540000:   850000
  594000:   862500
  648000:   875000
  702000:   900000
  756000:   925000
  810000:   937500
  864000:   962500
  918000:   962500
  972000:   962500
 1026000:   975000
 1080000:   987500
 1134000:  1000000
 1188000:  1012500
 1242000:  1025000
 1296000:  1050000
 1350000:  1075000
 1404000:  1100000
 1458000:  1112500
 1512000:  1125000
 1566000:  1150000

Optional: Stock Clock Frequencies for Dual CPUs
Code:
su
echo 192000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 1188000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/online
echo 192000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 1188000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Optional: ZRAM (Compressed RAM swap space :D )
Code:
su
mkswap /dev/block/zram0
swapon /dev/block/zram0

Low Voltage - Under Volt the processor, therefore uses Less Battery, but NOT ALL CHIPS can handle Under Volt.. If you experience instability, try the Stock Voltage Version.

Stock Voltage - Uses the voltage values from ORIGINAL HTC Kernel Source.

There are NO PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE between the Under Volted and Stock Voltage versions!

Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

NEWS BULLETIN:

Ice Cream Sandwich Version 007 is out. More intelligent intellidemand! Completely free yourselves from mpdecision, thermald and now with intellidemand, complete CPU/Thermal Management by the kernel.

Please don't hesitate to talk among yourselves and help each other out... The XDA community is what inspired me to hack kernels for everyone since everyone here is nice and helpful to each other... Keep helping each other.... Famous proverb: It's better to give than to receive...

BUGS:

Not All CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL

TO DO:

version 1.x.x -- Haven't thought about it yet...

History:

[ Change Log ]

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My Github Complying with GPL and XDA rulez :D

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below

Last edited:

jaxboater

Dec 15, 2007
Fl.
Boot Loop

No go for me.
It gave me a reason to update to the new AT&T RUU.
May try again after clean install.

brwnohno

Mar 6, 2007
Sonora
Anyone install yet and have feedback to report?

Well it's fast in quadrant scores. I got like a 3560 and in that test CPU scores are significantly higher. Antutu benchmark scores with no overclock are the same as stock. All else felt the same. I'm running this kernel with WC's 3.6 Vivid ROM. Still appreciate the contribution faux! I have run your kernels on other phones and they are always the best!

Brand New

Dec 22, 2011
Now why would Window XP forget my android 1.0 drivers for hboot?:confused: can't flash anything in hboot now...

Last edited:

ismoore

Great, thanks for the info. May try this tonight when I get home. Thanks for your efforts faux.

Well it's fast in quadrant scores. I got like a 3560 and in that test CPU scores are significantly higher. Antutu benchmark scores with no overclock are the same as stock. All else felt the same. I'm running this kernel with WC's 3.6 Vivid ROM. Still appreciate the contribution faux! I have run your kernels on other phones and they are always the best!

Brand New

Dec 22, 2011
**** mines bootlooping its get the att and loops what should i dooo? I got the latest cwm, and hboot, stock rooted rom. Is it because I let it try to boot right after I flashed the boot.img and didn't flash cwm strait after?

Last edited:

faux123

Dec 16, 2010
West Los Angeles
www.canonspike.com
My wifi isn't working, it just says "turning on...". Other than that, it works great :D

**** mines bootlooping its get the att and loops what should i dooo? I got the latest cwm, and hboot, stock rooted rom. Is it because I let it try to boot right after I flashed the boot.img and didn't flash cwm strait after?

You shouldn't be flashing via cwm. I've included a script for pc tethered flashing. Just run flash.bat on pc with USB cable connected to the phone. You may need to run it twice if it failed to load the modules.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Brand New

Dec 22, 2011
You shouldn't be flashing via cwm. I've included a script for pc tethered flashing. Just run flash.bat on pc with USB cable connected to the phone. You may need to run it twice if it failed to load the modules.

So I could of flashed this on stock ICS? I didn't think you could OC with a non-rooted phone :eek: And I was bootlooping on the stock rooted rom not because of the your kernal I believe
iff this will help :)
Code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah>cd D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Fol
der

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>flash.bat

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>adb kill-server

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>adb remount
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
error: device not found

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>adb push Modules/system /syste
m

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>adb shell mv /system/bin/mpdec
ision /system/bin/mpdecision_dis

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>adb shell mv /system/bin/therm
ald /system/bin/thermald_dis

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>adb reboot bootloader

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>fastboot flash boot Kernel-Her
e/boot.img
      sending 'boot' (4348 KB)... OKAY [  0.875s]
                writing 'boot'... OKAY [  4.984s]
finished. total time: 5.859s

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>fastboot reboot
                     rebooting...
finished. total time: 0.188s

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

D:\Documents and Settings\Noah\Desktop\New Folder>

Last edited:

Brand New

Dec 22, 2011
Nevermind Faux I figured it out! :D I just need to flash the boot.img that came with the stock rooted rom, then yours! I can't wait to test my battery now, games fly to!! Thanks for your support!!

2lazy2day

Jan 2, 2012
Having no issues here. Kernel is definitely smoother and faster than stock. Running fine on WC ROM. Hitting about 3350 on quadrant afer 5 consecutive runs. I haven't made and changes with setcpu, I'm assuming 1.5MHz from initial flash.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Last edited:

Brand New

Dec 22, 2011
SetCPU voltage tables are still nonfunctional, just like every other kernel I've tried.

It would be easier to do so if we had a booting AOSP build right now, I think.

thecubed's build boots but just barely and someone is working on a build right now I believe, so one day we might have working rom :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NOTICE: This is COMPATIBLE with ALL Vivid Rooted Stock and Custom ROMs

For frequency control use fauxclock from Google Play

Just a statement regarding kernel source: The Kernel Source is of course covered under GPL version 2. Free software does NOT mean no work or time was spent working on it. I have donated a large sum of my free time to hack this kernel. If you use my modified kernel source in parts or in its entirety, I kindly ask you mention its origins and to send me a github pull request or PM whenever you find bugs or think you can help improve my kernel hack further. This way the entire community will truly benefit from the spirit of open source. Thank you :cool:

Hi XDA members and fellow Vivid users:

This is my tenth kernel hack. I want to thank Erasmux, and several others I cannot recall for inspiring me to venture into this unfamiliar territory for me.

What is a Kernel? The Kernel is the Foundation in which everything else builds upon in any software system.
    [Car Analogy]: Kernel is like the Engine, Electrical system and the Transmission to a car. The Library, Framework and the Apps [AKA ROM] are the body frame and the rest of the Car.

THIS KERNEL is BASED ON HTC Source Code. So it is COMPATIBLE ONLY WITH HTC ICS Vivid Builds.

Please DO NOT use any task killers, they DO NOT improve performance nor battery life. They INTERFERE with your phone's stability (more crashes) and App compatibilities (Forced Close).

CleanCache (via ZCache backend)

ZCACHE is a new technology I introduced to HTC Kernel. ZCACHE is a compressed cache similar to ZRAM but the similarity ends there. ZCache is meant to provide as many "cleancache" pages (non-dirty or untouched "virgin" memory) to apps that request for new memory. CleanCache is very easy to allocate and no additional penalty are required to hand them out, so having more CleanCache pages will improve performance. Under heavy memory pressure, often times the kernel will NOT have enough CleanCache pages, so the kernel has to do EXTRA work to reclaim dirty cache pages and clean them for the new apps that's requesting for them. The described process creates a performance hit for the kernel and the app, so the idea is to use compression to create more CleanCache pages available for use. Of course there's a penalty to pay for using compression, but the trade-off between compression penalty and the penalty for reclaiming dirty cache pages and allocating them after cleaning is smaller for compression, so in the end, CleanCache should add more performance.

ZRAM (aka CompCache aka RAMZSwap)

ZRAM is an updated version formally known as CompCache and RAMZSwap. It was originally designed for 2.6.38.xx kernels, I have backported to our 2.6.35.xx kernel. ZRAM allows real-time compression of memory objects in RAM thus reducing memory pressure for the Linux kernel and can keep more apps in memory longer (more apps in RAM == better performance, less fetching from slower MMC or SDCard). Compression, however, is not Free. Some CPU cycles are required to do the compress/decompression, so there's a slight penalty for it. The original CompCache / RAMZSwap required a user space binary to control its behavior which adds additional penalty to performance, but the new version ZRAM eliminated the need for a separate dedicated daemon, thus reducing the overhead and increased performance from the old CompCache by 20%. Therefore, with the newer implementation of ZRAM interface, the performance penalty is almost negligible. :D

Joe's RCU (Optimized for Small SMP systems)

Joe Korty has created an RCU for small SMP systems (> 32 cores). His approach is to isolate all the Garbage Collection (GC, a slow time consuming but necessary processing) to a single core, thus allowing other cores to ONLY work on real required processing. This will allow the additional cores to complete their assigned tasks as fast as possible (not bogged down by GC) then immediately go back to a suspended state (saving battery).

Fast No Hz RCU (Optimized for SMP operations)

Fast NoHz is an optimized version of the traditional Tree RCU. Many new kernels are using the Tickless NoHz design. This RCU is tailored and designed to work with the new NoHz kernel system.

SmartAssV2 Governor (Balanced)

This governor has a built-in "profile" similar to SetCPU, so screen off will use lower clock rate thus conserve more battery, but it also has a fast wake up feature so that user interaction will not see the lag when switching from Sleep to Wake state.... (So SetCPU Profiles are sorta redundant when using this governor, you can still use SetCPU to OC to higher than default Clock frequency).

Interactive Governor (Performance)

This governor is designed to put more priority to User Interface (UI aka Apps) tasks, therefore appears more responsive then the traditional OnDemand governor. So if you want the smoothest UI interaction, this governor is for you...

Brain F*ck Scheduler - (BFS)

This scheduler is designed to be simple and speedy tailor specifically for user interface type systems such as desktop/smart phone devices where user interaction is MORE important than serving 1 million web requests (CFS, the default scheduler) at the same time (think of nimble desktop workstations vs large corporate servers).

SLQB - (SLAB allocator with Queue)

This memory allocator is designed for small number of CPUs system (such as desktop or smart phone devices). This allocator is design to be simple and it is optimized for using order-0 pages as much as possible (order-0 pages are the simplest therefore quickest type of memory in a Linux system to allocate). Not all kernels are using SLQB including CM7 main line...

Fair Budget Queue (BFQ I/O scheduler)

This I/O scheduler is an improvement on top of Completely Fair Queue (CFQ). CFQ is fair in terms of time but not in terms of throughput / bandwidth, so BFQ make sure that both time and throughput / bandwidth are balanced across all requests.

Kernel Files:

******* Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0.x) ******* (Linux 3.0.33)

[ CFS ] (Ultimate Edition) *** S-ON ***

[ CFS ] (Ultimate Edition) *** S-OFF ***

[ Optional: ]

Files to DISABLE Sweep2Wake:

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25538084&postcount=6616

[ For Kernel Devlopers ONLY: ]

The File ==> My Global VDD_TABLE for under volt patch <==
    The File ==> KGSL Ring Buffer Power Management Patch for Cordy and Ninja Jump <==

Optional Under voltage: Version 0.1.4+ ONLY

Code:
    [ to over volt ALL frequencies by 25000 uv (microvolts) ]
    echo "+25000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
    [ to under volt ALL frequencies by 25000 uv (microvolts) ]
    echo "-25000" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels

[ to set a specific frequency (ie 1.18 GHz) 
      with a specific voltage (ie 1.0875 volts) ]
    echo "1188000 1087500" > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/vdd_table/vdd_levels
    CPU Frequency Voltage Table Example
    Code:
      192000:   812500
      310500:   812500
      384000:   812500
      432000:   812500
      486000:   837500
      540000:   850000
      594000:   862500
      648000:   875000
      702000:   900000
      756000:   925000
      810000:   937500
      864000:   962500
      918000:   962500
      972000:   962500
     1026000:   975000
     1080000:   987500
     1134000:  1000000
     1188000:  1012500
     1242000:  1025000
     1296000:  1050000
     1350000:  1075000
     1404000:  1100000
     1458000:  1112500
     1512000:  1125000
     1566000:  1150000

Optional: Stock Clock Frequencies for Dual CPUs
    Code:
    su
    echo 192000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 1188000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/online
    echo 192000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
    echo 1188000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

Optional: ZRAM (Compressed RAM swap space :D )
    Code:
    su
    mkswap /dev/block/zram0
    swapon /dev/block/zram0

Low Voltage - Under Volt the processor, therefore uses Less Battery, but NOT ALL CHIPS can handle Under Volt.. If you experience instability, try the Stock Voltage Version.

Stock Voltage - Uses the voltage values from ORIGINAL HTC Kernel Source.

There are NO PERFORMANCE DIFFERENCE between the Under Volted and Stock Voltage versions!

Installation Instructions:

Here's a step by step instruction to install this kernel:

1. download the above file (via phone directly or to a PC)
    2. copy the downloaded zip file to /sdcard/download/
    3. Open ROM Manager and select "Reboot into Recovery" and select "OK"
    4. Once in recovery, select "wipe cache partition", select "Yes", then select "advanced", then select "Wipe Dalvik Cache", then select "Yes" again. Once finished, click the back button to go back to the main recovery menu. On that menu, select "Install Zip From SDCad", then select "Choose zip from SDCard", then go to /sdcard/download and select the downloaded zip file and let it run its script.
    5. Once the script is done, select "reboot system now"

Note: After FLASHING, the first reboot may take longer than usual, please be patient... After the first reboot, it may lag during initial load (let everything finish loading). Once everything is loaded and phone is ready for use, reboot the phone a 2nd time and the lag will be gone and everything should be silky smooth...

NEWS BULLETIN:

Ice Cream Sandwich Version 007 is out. More intelligent intellidemand! Completely free yourselves from mpdecision, thermald and now with intellidemand, complete CPU/Thermal Management by the kernel.

Please don't hesitate to talk among yourselves and help each other out... The XDA community is what inspired me to hack kernels for everyone since everyone here is nice and helpful to each other... Keep helping each other.... Famous proverb: It's better to give than to receive...

BUGS:

Not All CHIPS ARE CREATED EQUAL

TO DO:

version 1.x.x -- Haven't thought about it yet...

History:

[ Change Log ]

Standard Disclaimer: Not responsible for bricking your phone, voiding your warranty, or any other pain or suffering you may feel as result of using this kernel!!!

My Github Complying with GPL and XDA rulez :D

Follow me on :

If you find this Kernel useful, feel free to hit the [Thanks] button below
    1.Rename your thermald/mpdesicion to thermald_ins/mpdesicion_ins
    2.Extract boot image from the provided zip.
    3.Plug your phone to pc then open cmd, navigate to your /android/sdk/tools
    4.then adb reboot bootloader
    5.now run "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    6.hit recovery on bootloader menu
    7.Extract the bcmdhd.ko from the provided zip to your desktop
    8. go back to your open cmd inside /android/sdk/tools.
    9.Run 'adb push /users/youruser/Desktop/bcmdhd.ko /system/lib/modules
    10.Now adb reboot

You want to do that or just double click a simple noob friendly flash.bat? its your desicion...
    My wifi isn't working, it just says "turning on...". Other than that, it works great :D

I simply ran flash.bat. I'll try this approach.

Edit: nevermind, both files are _dis. Changing them to _ins now.

Edit 2: after following your instructions, the CPU did in fact go to the Max oc setting. On the negative side, "everything is laggy and benchmark scores are cut by 50+%. When I disable CPU Master, or SetCPU, the clock drops back to 1512Mhz and everything is buttery smooth. Makes no sense to me.

Is the intellidemand governor enabled by default, or do you have to enable it with a third party app? If the later is true, then I think it may be the cause of the performance hit.
    Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

It is on by default. If you don't like intellidemand to manage, simply switch back to ondemand if you want.

Doesn't work for me either on rooted stock Tel$tra velocity bootloops :(
    What did you use to rename the files es file explorer won't work for me "might be coz of noobness" and terminal emulator keeps coming up segmentation fault can I use ADB maybee ? Any other easy way I am missing?

Sent from my HTC Velocity 4G using XDA

The locations for the files is /system/bin

if using adb:
    Code:
    adb remount
    adb shell mv /system/bin/mpdecision /system/bin/mpdecision_dis
    adb shell mv /system/bin/thermald /system/bin/thermald_dis