VictoryROM + LithiumROM + * = My theme

Search This thread

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Like the majority of us here, I love modding my phone to fit my personal taste/preference at any given time. Ever since I flashed VictoryROM I have been in love with most of it, felt it just needed a few more visual tweaks. With help from XDA member Deliberate I was able to get said tweaks done, and was pleasantly surprised to get a few other I didn't ask for but wanted. Let me know what you think.

1334449959010.png

Running GoLauncher w/custom icons, custom signal bars from Alteredlikeness, custom battery and status bar clock from Deliberate, DIGI Clock widget

1334431608904.png

Deliberate's battery mod also changed the settings menu slightly...the check marks and check boxes are a little larger. Running the inverted settings.apk theme courtesty of JRW 28 for his LithiumROM...works like a charm on VictoryROM ;)

1334431595701.png

Alteredlikeness' status bar mod also came with the custom drop down toggles seen here. Deliberate's battery mod, originally for LithiumROM, also changed the color of the text in the notification bar to blue. I like it!

1334431633151.png

Another side effect of Deliberate's mod is the lockscreen, pretty much the same as the one in VictoryROM except for the ICS blue glow around the unlock and sound circles. Wasn't expecting this but like it alot.

1334431618333.png

I wish you could have seen me when I noticed this, the skinny ICS themed volume sliders and the ICS blue glow around the pop up box as in LithiumROM, my reaction would have you thinking I just won the lottery or something, LoL.

1334449792209.png

I've had this transparent blue XDA app for a long time now, since I had my SE X10i, fits perfectly with my theme! But noticed another pleasant surprise due to flashing the mod from Deliberate....the page loading animation. It used to look like an overgrown circular saw blade, looks much better now!

1334432029723.png

1334432042160.png

Just a couple more screenshots of my transparent blue XDA app with the ICS blue theme at the top, again courtesy of Deliberates mod.

I appreciate the work of the guys listed above and am loving my current setup thanks to you. It's nice to be able to run the ROM I prefer, yet still have some theme work and mods from other ROMs that I like as well. Can't thank you guys enough.

The last thing I need to make my setup perfect is to get the reboot option in the extended power menu.

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Looks good, the inverted setting wasnt the only thing borrowed. Thats my framework-res as well. That's where your spinner, colored clock,lockscreen, and ICS style sliders come from.
It would be nice to have been at least asked to have been used. It took a lot of time for me to get this the way it is and not on any other Roms on the A2........

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Looks good, the inverted setting wasnt the only thing borrowed. Thats my framework-res as well. That's where your spinner, colored clock,lockscreen, and ICS style sliders come from.
It would be nice to have been at least asked to have been used. It took a lot of time for me to get this the way it is and not on any other Roms on the A2........
Here we go again :rolleyes:

You seem to be of the impression that I pilfered your ROM and salvaged what I wanted. When the reality of what happened was someone posted a battery mod for your ROM and I simply flashed it on my phone. I was unaware the other mods this consisted of until I flashed it. So rest assured I am not trying to claim your work as mine or trying to pick your ROM apart for the features I want on the one I run, I took a chance at flashing a mod for your ROM that just so happened to work on mine. It's not like I'm a dev and cooking my own ROM and comprising it of your work without your permission, i'm just a member who likes trying different things and willing to chance it by flashing things intended for other ROMs to my phone with the hopes it works....sometimes it does, other times not so much. Since when do we as members need to ask permission to flash publicly posted mods to our devices? Where they do that at?

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
You know I never pointed a finger at you, but it took a lot of work to get what I did on my Rom and to see people using it without asking does get under my skin a little. So if this is gonna be how it is then I will just keep my work to myself........

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
reflecting on Indra's net
I thought this was all sort of open-source..:confused:
And is it possible to put locks or passwords on your zip files if you don't want them picked apart - but still be flashable?

I don't think I've taken any of your theme mods JRW, just the 1% batteries for Victory at one time, and properly credited (though I've seen them in a thousand other ROMs, so I'm sure they are not "yours" yours)... But I got a lot of inspiration from other people's work and made it happen on my own as well..
So, this is why I'm gonna start from the ground up on my ROM. And maybe or maybe not share it.. And, be careful to credit properly if I do...

Nonetheless, looks nice 916, glad I could help you out...

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
I thought this was all sort of open-source..:confused:
And is it possible to put locks or passwords on your zip files if you don't want them picked apart - but still be flashable?

I don't think I've taken any of your theme mods JRW, just the 1% batteries for Victory at one time, and properly credited (though I've seen them in a thousand other ROMs, so I'm sure they are not "yours" yours)... But I got a lot of inspiration from other people's work and made it happen on my own as well..
So, this is why I'm gonna start from the ground up on my ROM. And maybe or maybe not share it.. And, be careful to credit properly if I do...

Nonetheless, looks nice 916, glad I could help you out...

If I really have to point put everything that was taken from Lithium I will. My point was it took a lot of my time to get the mods I did on my rom and for you to take them and distribute them as your own without even a thanks or asking is why we are here. This is open source, but credit os always given where it is due .....but you know what, you do what you think is right.....funny when you post something you ask for credit where its deserved but I guess when its not yours its OK to do as you wish ........I'm done........

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
If I really have to point put everything that was taken from Lithium I will. My point was it took a lot of my time to get the mods I did on my rom and for you to take them and distribute them as your own without even a thanks or asking is why we are here. This is open source, but credit os always given where it is due .....but you know what, you do what you think is right.....funny when you post something you ask for credit where its deserved but I guess when its not yours its OK to do as you wish ........I'm done........

:confused: I did not take one thing from Lithium... You're barking up the wrong tree. I haven't even downloaded it yet..

EDIT: And if you're referring to the rotating homescreen credit, I was just pretty excited that I figured it out for our model, and if you notice I said to credit me unless you figure it out for yourself.. And I figured I had to put that there with they way some of you devs/modders act...

Last edited:

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
You know I never pointed a finger at you, but it took a lot of work to get what I did on my Rom and to see people using it without asking does get under my skin a little. So if this is gonna be how it is then I will just keep my work to myself........
You can do as you wish, and I understand your concern here but it seems to me you're overreacting a bit. Somebody running your ROM posted battery mods for your ROM, I seen them, liked how they looked and figured I'd flash it and hope for the best. Nobody stole your work, nobody did anything which would require your permission. I have the utmost respect for you, I really do, but unless you got permission from Motorola to modify their ROM to your liking then it seems quite hypocritical of you to expect us to ask for yours to do the same when in reality "your" ROM is little more than a modded version of theirs. Nobody was trying to be sneaky here brother, we all appreciate your contributions here and hope you can look back at this later and realize that.

Sent from my ME865 using XDA App

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
:confused: I did not take one thing from Lithium... You're barking up the wrong tree. I haven't even downloaded it yet..

Well whoever mixed the 2 together need to get with me and tell me exactly how they got the images they got. Because I can tell you exactly what I did and how I got them.........All I 'm saying is give credit due where it deserves. I put a LOT of time and effort into my Rom and to see people ripping it off is BS since I'm not getting any credit

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
Well whoever mixed the 2 together need to get with me and tell me exactly how they got the images they got. Because I can tell you exactly what I did and how I got them.........All I 'm saying is give credit due where it deserves. I put a LOT of time and effort into my Rom and to see people ripping it off is BS since I'm not getting any credit

Unless you're talking about his phone signal or dropdown menu, we got nothing to discuss.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
It's all been spelled out clearly in the OP. If anybody is guilty of ripping you off it's me since i'm the one who flashed mods for your rom to my phone (running a different rom). But since i'm not a dev, not claiming your work as my own, why do I need to get your permission? That's the part i'm not understanding. How can you not be getting credit when "your ROM" is listed in the title of this thread and has been since the instance it was posted?

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA

Omg guys im sorry. It was me. I used parts from lithium on ATRIX blaze v3. Cause I did like blazes lockscreen. I did port over the battery mod. But I can't remember where from. I apologize for not asking permission before doing this. At the time I didn't see any harm. Everything in my mod is JRW 28 except the battery mod. Me and. 916x10 just traded files and that's what he came up with. He didnt mean to not give proper credit because he probably didn't know it was jrw 28s mods. I never told him because idk, guess i just didnt yhink about it. He just wanted to share it probably because he thought others would enjoy it. So sorry I didn't mean to not give credit where it was due! So so so sorry!!!!

Sorry to u as well 916x10 didn't think u would get so much crap for this.
Also he never gave me credit for creating the mods he just said when he flashed my zip that's the outcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: alteredlikeness

alteredlikeness

Mar 2, 2012
Omg guys im sorry. It was me. I used parts from lithium on ATRIX blaze v3. Cause I did like blazes lockscreen. I did port over the battery mod. But I can't remember where from. I apologize for not asking permission before doing this. At the time I didn't see any harm. Everything in my mod is JRW 28 except the battery mod. Me and. 916x10 just traded files and that's what he came up with. He didnt mean to not give proper credit because he probably didn't know it was jrw 28s mods. I never told him because idk, guess i just didnt yhink about it. He just wanted to share it probably because he thought others would enjoy it. So sorry I didn't mean to not give credit where it was due! So so so sorry!!!!

Thanks for setting things straight..

lol @916, who knew that just posting a few screenshots would cause something like this..

But, it's a good lesson for everyone: Dev's, your ****'s not safe if you share it.. Modders, be careful what you "borrow".. and bystanders and end-users, beware!!

Reactions: Gadgetz

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011

Sorry to u as well 916x10 didn't think u would get so much crap for this.
Also he never gave me credit for creating the mods he just said when he flashed my zip that's the outcome.
I didn't think anything of it to be honest, was just letting others know the outcome of running mods not specifically for the one I'm running. Never imagined I'd need to get anyone's permission to do so. It was not my intention to step on any toes or throw anyone under the bus, I apologize to any and all who felt I did either to them.

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
I didn't think anything of it to be honest, was just letting others know the outcome of running mods not specifically for the one I'm running. Never imagined I'd need to get anyone's permission to do so. It was not my intention to step on any toes or throw anyone under the bus, I apologize to any and all who felt I did either to them.

i didnt think it was a big deal either... :/

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
Thanks for setting things straight..

lol @916, who knew that just posting a few screenshots would cause something like this..

But, it's a good lesson for everyone: Dev's, your ****'s not safe if you share it.. Modders, be careful what you "borrow".. and bystanders and end-users, beware!!
Yep, from now on i'm going to ask permission before I download anything posted for public consumption on a public forum :rolleyes: I could understand if I didn't list his ROM, his name, at all in my OP, or if I cooked up a rom of my own and used his work without giving him credit, but none of that happened so his overreaction is unexplainable. Gotta be more to it but i'm done giving this any energy. Thanks for the mods JRW 28! ;)

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
I think the point here is, is that we need to post the creator of the mod for every mod we use of were going to post screen shots and in some cases we should ask if we can use it. I see his point and it can look like your taking credit for it. I dont think that was your intention but its better to be safe than sorry. Were a community of devs, users and people that just want a freakin awesome phone. Lets be as respectful as possible. In the end, ITS ONLY A PHONE!.:D

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Deliberate

Jan 16, 2012
CA
I think the point here is, is that we need to post the creator of the mod for every mod we use of were going to post screen shots and in some cases we should ask if we can use it. I see his point and it can look like your taking credit for it. I dont think that was your intention but its better to be safe than sorry. Were a community of devs, users and people that just want a freakin awesome phone. Lets be as respectful as possible. In the end, ITS ONLY A PHONE!.:D

I completely agree with u a.d I too understand where he's coming from. I just don't understand why he made such a fuss over it.

DarkJatrix

Jan 19, 2012
I completely agree with u a.d I too understand where he's coming from. I just don't understand why he made such a fuss over it.

To some people this is a huge deal (modding phones) and it is probably a respect situation. Either way, its done now. We shall move on.

Darth_Reals

Apr 10, 2012
Moscow
www.youtube.com
Hello guys!

Just wonder - can you share this great battery mod? At least just image files for all the hexagons with numbers? It's really great and I would like to add them to my setup.

Greetings from russian Atrix 2 community :)

UPD: Never mind, have already found it in the Lithium thread.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Right. So, again, who broke the rules? And how? Besides all of this not being settled outside of the public forum?

Nevermind... I'm sorry, I was kind of an instigator in this too, I suppose... Can the moderator please just delete this entire thread so we can be done with it, please? I'm 'bout ready to go back and delete all of my posts - everyone wanna join me?

And JRW, no hard feelings man.. "Truce"... You do quality work. It would be a shame if the community lost your knowledge and contributions. Seriously.

There. I said my peace. Or piece. Or..

MODERATOR, PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD!

Sent from my mind using XDA

Bro I have no problem with you nor Deliberate, whats done is done and would have been dropped and forgotten until the name calling started. If you go back and look what really pissed me off was being called a "hypocrite" and "liar" . Now I believe if anyone else had been in th same situation they would have done the same thing. I asked politely to be left out of it and consistently got drug back into it.
    Now lets move on from this as I have work on Lithium to be doing. Im a big enough person to turn the other shoulder, lets make some good work guys ;)
    These are the FORUM RULES. Just so we're all clear.

12. Using the work of others.

If you are developing something that is based on the work of another Member, you MUST first seek their permission, and you must give credit to the member whose work you used. If a dispute occurs about who developed / created a piece of work, first try to settle the matter by private message and NOT in open forum. If this fails then you may contact a moderator with clear evidence that the work was created by you.

Convincing evidence will result in copied work being removed. If there is no clear evidence you created the work then in the spirit of sharing all work will remain posted on the forums.

These rules apply to all software posted on XDA unless that software comes with a license that waives these rules.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
    From what I've read throughout this thread, I'd say JRW had every right to be mad, as he created a unique ROM, and trust me IT IS NOT AN EASY TASK. (I've tried to create a ROM but gave up due to the the sheer amount of work, especially trying to find out what causes a particular bug.) I say mistakes were made, and we should forgive and forget, and put this behind us. After all this is a community and without the help of everyone nothing will be done and development for this phone will ultimately stop. So I say we put our anger aside, and apologize and give credit to where ever it is due. :)
    Don't be in here stirring up **** that has already been let go. Read the dates on the last post before replying. It has been left alone for over a month now.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
    True I owe both of the parties and others a apology .. In my haste and drunk stupid self I posted this without reading the end. If I had I would not have posted this. So in my most humble voice I am sorry to stir up the pot again. I am glad that both of the folks made amends and are past this. And to the community also I am sorry if I acted out of line … But hey we all make mistakes and can sometimes make drunk ones.
    So to both JRW 28 and 916x10

I am sorry to both and I am truly embarresed that I did not finish the thread before posting my opinions..

Sincerly sorry Streetmedic
    Like the majority of us here, I love modding my phone to fit my personal taste/preference at any given time. Ever since I flashed VictoryROM I have been in love with most of it, felt it just needed a few more visual tweaks. With help from XDA member Deliberate I was able to get said tweaks done, and was pleasantly surprised to get a few other I didn't ask for but wanted. Let me know what you think.

1334449959010.png

Running GoLauncher w/custom icons, custom signal bars from Alteredlikeness, custom battery and status bar clock from Deliberate, DIGI Clock widget

1334431608904.png

Deliberate's battery mod also changed the settings menu slightly...the check marks and check boxes are a little larger. Running the inverted settings.apk theme courtesty of JRW 28 for his LithiumROM...works like a charm on VictoryROM ;)

1334431595701.png

Alteredlikeness' status bar mod also came with the custom drop down toggles seen here. Deliberate's battery mod, originally for LithiumROM, also changed the color of the text in the notification bar to blue. I like it!

1334431633151.png

Another side effect of Deliberate's mod is the lockscreen, pretty much the same as the one in VictoryROM except for the ICS blue glow around the unlock and sound circles. Wasn't expecting this but like it alot.

1334431618333.png

I wish you could have seen me when I noticed this, the skinny ICS themed volume sliders and the ICS blue glow around the pop up box as in LithiumROM, my reaction would have you thinking I just won the lottery or something, LoL.

1334449792209.png

I've had this transparent blue XDA app for a long time now, since I had my SE X10i, fits perfectly with my theme! But noticed another pleasant surprise due to flashing the mod from Deliberate....the page loading animation. It used to look like an overgrown circular saw blade, looks much better now!

1334432029723.png

1334432042160.png

Just a couple more screenshots of my transparent blue XDA app with the ICS blue theme at the top, again courtesy of Deliberates mod.

I appreciate the work of the guys listed above and am loving my current setup thanks to you. It's nice to be able to run the ROM I prefer, yet still have some theme work and mods from other ROMs that I like as well. Can't thank you guys enough.

The last thing I need to make my setup perfect is to get the reboot option in the extended power menu.