b4n4n4

Apr 14, 2010
I think vBF7-0 is the latest one

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using xda app-developers app

el portable

Aug 9, 2013

but how can i get it in tiunisia!! ther isen't un official update here...i flashed my phone with one touch uprgade but again vB5Y-0
how can i get the latest update for my phone pleez help me... when i check update from my alcatel he say ther are neot update aviable now :'(
sorry for my bad english

UllyTheBest

Aug 10, 2013
Mms.apk

guuuuy i've got a big problem. I've deleted my mms.apk file and i ASK anyone have it an can post it? Thank you very much!!:crying::crying:

el portable

Aug 9, 2013
hééy guys ples help me how can i get the latest apdate in may country !!! i want to fix the compass problem and the magnetic sensor problem they display in Z axe =11450µT !!! pleeez friends i want to get the latest update but i can't recive the official in my coutry

pleez i need help :'( i can't find any solution :'(

UllyTheBest

Aug 10, 2013
Custom roms

anyone know if there are any CUSTOM ROM for our alcatel 997D? or at least any compatible ROM of other smartphones? thank you guys :good:

pepinos

Mar 19, 2007
Brno
Standard Google ROM

Hey guys, I wonder if there is any possibility how to flash into this mobile latest standard Google ROM?

Thanks.

_zxzxzx_

Jun 4, 2012

See attached picture. I seem to have had bfv8-0 for a while.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1376520641883.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376520641883.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 302

_zxzxzx_

Jun 4, 2012
Where is the 2nd sim signal? My latest version is vbf7.

Sent from my Packard Bell G100W@JB 4.2.2 v8 using Tapatalk

What do you mean by the second sim signal? I only use one of the sim card slots, the other is empty.

Last edited:

foxthemene

Jan 3, 2008
hello guys
can any one tell me how to flash the ot 997
it's stuck on the android logo
i tried the one touch update but it says that i have the latest update plz help to flash a stock or custom rom

el portable

Aug 9, 2013
héééy guys any one can tell me how can i get the latest official update in may country?? i can't get the vbf7-0 hera pleez help

Shadowmaniac

Aug 11, 2011
So i have been using lmt buttons for some time and i got bored with them so i uninstalled and put back the original soft buttons.I was wondering can you resize them ? its taking too much screen space and they are too big but i want to use them

also is there a list of system apps that we can delete after root?

And does anyone know when JB is comming ? i heard in september

b4n4n4

Apr 14, 2010
Alcatel 997d ota update files

For anyone who wants to mess with the latest OTA patch vBF4-0 (that upgrades vB5Y-0 version) here it is:
update.zip (13.56 MB)
Since I haven't a full dump of the original /system and /custpack filesystems I can't upgrade, so I have to use Alcatel utility to do a full flash..
I have a backup, but build.prop checksum doesn't match the one in the OTA. :rolleyes:

These are first steps to get a custom stock rom............. anyone interested?

update: I've found the other ota I've done on december 2012, since it was left on my internal memory.
It could be useless, but here it is, vB5U-0 to vB5Y:
update_vB5Y-0.zip (22.06 MB)

links dead files was delated from servers i can't download it :'(
there are not an other truc to upgrade vB5Y-0 to Vbf4-0 i'm from tunisia and i have compass problem i can't get latest update with one touch upgrade ... i flash the smart phone ant i'ts vB5Y-0 again they are not update in my country and sorry for my bad english but i need help pleez

I was on vacations!You are lucky i found in my back ups ota updates files from vB5Y-to-vbf4 and from vbf4-to-vbf7 .I split it in 4 parts to be able to upload them.Join them and in the folder you will see two .zip files one with name : alcatel_997d_vB5Y-to-vbf4-update.zip and another one with name : alcatel_997d_vbf4-to-vbf7-update.zip. That the ota files just rename it to update.zip and put in your internal memory.I cant remember if you must put it in any "special" path.
I hope to help

Last edited:
Reactions: vanillaLVL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys, i have created a KANG for porting TWRP V2.4.1.0 that supports Alcatel /custpack & /mobile_info here...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Credits to Russian Master Shifu Javum for compiling it & Russian Master Shifu Michfood for the repack utils...
    rclxms_zps452ba9d3.gif

Don't forget to support Operation RMD...
    ag_zps1e5a29ec.gif

---------------------------
    Hmm, since nobody try out, i've ported it to OT-997D, Credits to jman0 for his recovery.img...
    thumbup_zpse78dc2e0.gif

Use this app here to install... ( root access required ) :good:

If it doesn't work pls let me know... :fingers-crossed:

Cheers... :cool:
    ---------------------------
    Added on Mar 20, 2013 - TWRP with sd-ext support
    Definitely, all the problems come from how Alcatel developed the firmware and how non standard it is.

I've been researching the nandroid backup problem a bit further and I think I know what the problem is: Alcatel developed the phone with a very strange partition arrangement.

Besides including the custpack partition, unknown to other phones, the other partitions don't match what you can find on other MT6577 phones, so the clockworkmod porting scripts I used don't really work out of the box.

I have developed a shell script which can perform a CWMR compatible backup of all the partitions. Iin fact, it uses a little trick, storing the system and custpack partitions inside the same tar file (system.ext4.tar) in order to trick CWMR, but the recovery we currently have can't restore any backup created with my script.

The reason is that the partition table CWMR expects to find is the standard on 99% MT6577 based phones, so it's not suitable for our phone. I've been looking inside the backups created by our current CWMR and I've found that on the system.ext4.tar it actually backups the custpack partition, and what you find inside data.ext4.tar is not the data partition, but system.

That's because, for exampe, the system partition in our phone is stored where other MT6577 have the data partition.

I'll try to see whether I can change the partition information (it's on a file inside the recovery, called recovery.fstab) and compile a new CWMR which has the correct partition information. It would still be unable to backup or restore the custpack partition, but with the script I've just created, maybe we can make working backups, which could be later restoreable from CWMR.

I'll keep you posted. Wish me luck ;)
    Guys,,

I wanted to root my OT 997D & to upgrade its ICS to JB,
    I saw your thread but the issue is:

1- it has 81 pages which will take ages to read all of them
    2- the first 3 or 4 pages are full of failures
    3- the thread language is so technical & assumes all users are expert developers

so it would be very kind of you to clean this thread up or to brief the outcomes in a youtube tutorials with a step-by-step actions

thanks in advance

1. The interesting stuff regarding the JB Update is on about the last 10 pages.
    2. Didn't read that :(
    3. Well, I'm no expert developer :(

...but here's a short How-To on installing JB in 9 easy steps:

1. Root with framaroot 1.7.0
    2. Install Mobileuncle MTK Tools
    3. Download "TWRP for OT-997D.zip" and extract to SD-card.
    4. Open Mobileuncle MTK Tools, choose "Recovery Update" and install the file, you extracted.
    5. Download my 4.1.1 Backup from one of these locations and extract to SD-card
    6. Shutdown your phone and start into TWRP by pressing Volume+ while powering on. Go to Backup, enable all boxes except "Skip MD5 generation" and slide to the right to backup your current ROM.
    7. Go back to Wipe and do a Factory Reset
    8. Go back to Restore, choose 997D4.1TWRPROOT and Swype to Restore
    9. If you are successful, make an awesome youtube tutorial with step-by-step actions :)
    I have just finished porting CWM recovery v6.0.1.2 to our beloved Alcatel OT-997D, thanks to the dsixda Kitchen and the scripts by Bruno Martins.

So far, I've tried the following things:

1) ROM backup: Perfect. There's one thing you should know prior to trying it. Since version 6, CWM Recovery offers two backup formats. One is "dup", which is the default, and the other one is the classic "tar" format. I don't know if the dup format works or not, since I've only tried tar, which is the one I knew from previous versions and phones. If you know something aboout CWM backups, you'll also notice one difference: In previous versions, the backup consisted of several files, such as "system.ext4.tar", "data.ext4.tar", etc. Now, it's almost the same. You get a "system.ext4.tar", but that looks like a dummy file, and the actual compressed tar file is now called "system.ext4.tar.a", and the same applies to data and cache. Boot and Recovery, as always, are backed up as .img files.

2) ROM Restore: Perfect again. Now, we can mess things up and still have no worries, since we have backups.

3) Installing zips. Perfect again. you can install unsigned zips.

4) Wipe battery stats. Success again.

5) Mount USB storage while on recovery. Once again, it's working.

This new version of CWMR has a lot more options than the previous ones, but the 5 above are the basics, and they work. I'll try the other ones when I have the time.

I have only managed to flash it using the latest version of Mobieluncle Tools, which I have just downloaded from Google Play Store. The one MTK Droid Tools installs during the rooting process can't flash a recovery on MT6577, only the latest version can. so be sure to download it and use just the latest version.

Anyway, I've flashed it several times, and sometimes it didn't seem to work, since I ended up on the stock recovery again. It looks like the unsuccessful flashes occurred when I had the phone connected to a pc via the usb cable. Then, I've tried the flash again with the phone disconnected from the usb, and it has worked.

In case you want to try it, it's not too risky, since our phone contains a script on /system, called "recovery-from-boot.p", which is responsible for replacing any custom recovery with the stock one, automatically on every boot. So, if you try my recovery, or any other one, and it doesn't work, you can revert to the stock recovery by just restarting the phone. Anyway, as I've read on other sites, it looks like that script is there only if your latest update was recieved via OTA update, and not the Onetouch update utility.

On the other hand, if you flash a custom recovery and want to keep it, you just have to rename or delete (I suggest you to rename it, to recover it in the future, if needed) the "recovery-from-boot.p" script, so you'll keep your custom recovery.

Anyway, I have both the CWM recovery and the stock recovery hosted on my Mediafire account. These are the links, in case you wanna give it a try:

CWM Recovery: http://www.mediafire.com/?v7wfjr6v1t7b0z5

Stock Recovery: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?z896dq8ezdwaua7

If you try it, report here if you succeed.
    Finally, I've managed to create a script that can make backups compatible with CWMR. Last night I made a backup, wiped data on my phone and after rebooting it and effectively checking my data had been erased, I was able to restore my backup from recovery.

To keep this thread cleaner and put all the intructions for rooting, flashing CWMR, and performing usable backups, into the same place, I've just opened a new thread on the development section. Here's the link:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=35429358