[Q] HTC ONE bricked

Search This thread

*GalaxyDev*

Jan 24, 2012
San Miguel de Allende
A friend of mine has a T-Mobile HTC One and he bricked it, he asked me for help, knowing I'm very good with tech and android. But the thing is that I know everything but from Samsung, I always try to read a lot and learn from new devices to fix them or even try something because I'm always asked for help from my family, sure you guys know about that, but sadly I'm in finals and I'm barely sleeping and I've read a little but not enough but need I to help him so that's why I ask you guys for help urgently. Here are the things I know:

The phone is trapped in a bootloop after the Cyanogenmod logo and restarts itself after a minute
It is S-ON but unlocked
It is the M7_UL T-Mobile model
It is on HBOOT 1.56
The Radio is on 4A.24.32.63.09
The OS 4.19.531.10
It can still enter recovery and is recognized by my PC

From what I've read that has been a little bit, I can restore it completely with a RUU (kind of like a .tar in ODIN for Samsung), but it has to be Relocked and in other sites it says that it has to be S-OFF, needless to say that I don't know what tools to use and then I've seen that that Hboot 1.65 is not supported and well right now I have to create my SQL project, sorry to ask you guys as I hate when other do it just to not read but I swear this is not the case.

Help to fix this will be very appreciated

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
A friend of mine has a T-Mobile HTC One and he bricked it, he asked me for help, knowing I'm very good with tech and android. But the thing is that I know everything but from Samsung, I always try to read a lot and learn from new devices to fix them or even try something because I'm always asked for help from my family, sure you guys know about that, but sadly I'm in finals and I'm barely sleeping and I've read a little but not enough but need I to help him so that's why I ask you guys for help urgently. Here are the things I know:

The phone is trapped in a bootloop after the Cyanogenmod logo and restarts itself after a minute
It is S-ON but unlocked
It is on HBOOT 1.56
The OS 4.19.531.10

From what I've read that has been a little bit, I can restore it completely with a RUU (kind of like a .tar in ODIN for Samsung), but it has to be Relocked and in other sites it says that it has to be S-OFF, needless to say that I don't know what tools to use and then I've seen that that Hboot 1.65 is not supported and well right now I have to create my SQL project, sorry to ask you guys as I hate when other do it just to not read but I swear this is not the case.

First thing, try this

Force reboot: press and hold POWER + VOLDOWN (under a bright light, not kidding!!), after about 5 seconds or so buttons should start blinking, and after 30 seconds or so, the phone will reboot, let go of POWER, but keep holding VOLDOWN to get back to bootloader.
Then reboot.

(you may need to try 2 or 3 times to get it right)
What recovery do you have?
CWM has problems with 4.4.2.
The rom bootloops
Install twrp 2.6.3.3
Make sure it's for your phone.
If that doesn't work, do you know how to post a fastboot getvar all.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: *GalaxyDev*

*GalaxyDev*

Jan 24, 2012
San Miguel de Allende
First thing, try this

Force reboot: press and hold POWER + VOLDOWN (under a bright light, not kidding!!), after about 5 seconds or so buttons should start blinking, and after 30 seconds or so, the phone will reboot, let go of POWER, but keep holding VOLDOWN to get back to bootloader.
Then reboot.

Yeah I've tried that. The thing that I forgot to tell is that when I go into Recovery mode it shows all partitions in 0mb including Internal Storage and says it doesn't have any OS installed although the Cyanogenmod Logo appears at startup

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Find stock recovery for Tmobile. Flash it. Factory reset from bootloader menu and reflahs custom recovery. You should be ok to proceed

sent from my mobile device

Reactions: *GalaxyDev*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It is S-ON but unlocked
    It is on HBOOT 1.56
    The OS 4.19.531.10

First thing, try this

Then reboot.

What recovery do you have?
    CWM has problems with 4.4.2.
    The rom bootloops
    Install twrp 2.6.3.3
    Make sure it's for your phone.

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    Find stock recovery for Tmobile. Flash it. Factory reset from bootloader menu and reflahs custom recovery. You should be ok to proceed

sent from my mobile device