[UTILITY] Return to GB from ICS fxz script -- Now includes 2.3.6 fxz 09/26/2012

Search This thread

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Thanks, Jim for all your help along the way! After a few tries I got the script to run through the command prompt (good instructions lol thanksss :good:)
1st try: Ran perfectly, but bootlooped on the Dual Core Red M.
2nd try: Something crazy, random, and unique happened that has NEVER happened before on my computer; it just rebooted while the script was running. By some stroke of luck, God saved me lol
I was able to get back into fastboot and run it again.
2.5th try: Ran perfectly, then bootlooped a few times and now it's just hanging at the Dual Core Red M.

Gonna keep running it but I'm scared for battery. I hope it'll tell me if it doesn't have enough juice to complete the process before I start, so I'm gonna run it at least another 2-3 times. Thanks again, if anything occurs to you let me know!

Update: Lost count, did another few. Gonna give it one last go for now. I'm not giving up. Thanks for getting me this far, Jim (and altered for your script)

Update on the update: Hangs at the Red M. I guess I'll just have to keep trying. BTW, battery told me it was OK before I started but then gave me "low" and "failed due to Low Battery" during so beware, scripters! At least I could contribute SOME experience lol

I say at this point you load the "real" ICS fxz into RSD, after a battery charge of course. You really do not need leak 1 anymore with the true ICS FXZ being out.

Reactions: Aceofzeroz

Rayk1080

Mar 3, 2012
I say at this point you load the "real" ICS fxz into RSD, after a battery charge of course. You really do not need leak 1 anymore with the true ICS FXZ being out.

Yet again, thank you Jim! :)
this one, right?
And assuming that works, is there a way to get to GB from there? If not, that's perfectly alright, I'd be happy with just a working phone at this point :laugh:

Yeah, no you are correct, but only for going backward to 2.3.6/2.3.5 is that an issue. Again you are correct that the 4.0.4 fxz has all the BL files and just flashes over the ones you have using the fxz xml file. The one thing for EVERYONE to still remember is that you still can not go backward after taking the OTA and or the 4.0.4 fxz, so NO it trying or you will brick, and yes we have seen many of those from people trying.

So, I'm guessing that's a no on GB lol. Sticking to ICS then, no complaints :)^
I just hope the stock ROM is workable lol

JIM THANK YOU I LOVE YOU IT WORKED I HAVE 4.0.4!!! I was so worried when it hung at the Rethink Possible screen, then I unplugged it and gave it some time and it finally booted further. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Will donate :) You're the man.

Last edited:
Reactions: jimbridgman

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Yet again, thank you Jim! :)
this one, right?
And assuming that works, is there a way to get to GB from there? If not, that's perfectly alright, I'd be happy with just a working phone at this point :laugh:

So, I'm guessing that's a no on GB lol. Sticking to ICS then, no complaints :)^
I just hope the stock ROM is workable lol

JIM THANK YOU I LOVE YOU IT WORKED I HAVE 4.0.4!!! I was so worried when it hung at the Rethink Possible screen, then I unplugged it and gave it some time and it finally booted further. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Will donate :) You're the man.

Awesome! I am glad you got it back. Now just remember you can't take his phone back to GB after this, but there really should be no reason to go back at this point.

--EDIT--
You don't have to stick to stock, there are so many great ROMs now that work with the stock ICS kernel, so pick any one of them and you can always fxz back to stock ICS and try another ROM if dad does not like one particularly well.

Last edited:

demencia89

Feb 25, 2012
Punta del Este
Hi,
I installed Leak 1 then installed this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1420980 [
[Rom]Stock Rooted Deodex 2.3.6 IS NOW UP!]
Then i tried to use the script in this thread . Now i am i am stuck at the red Motorola Dual Boot Logo .
PLEASE HELP . I am downloading now http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934874 [
Atrix 2 MB865 Firmwares SuperThread (Ice Cream Sandwich) ] . Should i use it? or use another fxz?
Note : I Have the AT&T version MB865

Thank You in advance please reply ASAP.

UPDATE : Just installed 4.0.4 FXZ http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1934874 and it WORKED :D :D
I have a few questions . Am i now on the official track ? So i can do updates if there is any ( i know there won't be ) . So now i have the official ICS 4.0.4 including everything ( The boatloader version ) ?
I am asking this so i can choose ROMs that fits my current software . Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You again

Is there a way out of the Motorola Dual Core logo withouth going to the official ICS? I would like to keep #1 leak, but if there's no way of getting my phone to boot I will flash the FXZ alcatel444 did.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Is there a way out of the Motorola Dual Core logo withouth going to the official ICS? I would like to keep #1 leak, but if there's no way of getting my phone to boot I will flash the FXZ alcatel444 did.

Which script did you run? The 2.3.5 or the 2.3.6 one?

Try the 2.3.6 if you didn't and see if that fixes it... Sometimes you have to run the script more than one time.

demencia89

Feb 25, 2012
Punta del Este
Which script did you run? The 2.3.5 or the 2.3.6 one?

Try the 2.3.6 if you didn't and see if that fixes it... Sometimes you have to run the script more than one time.

I tried the 2.3.6 one and at the begining It threw some errors about files not found, cant remember exactly now, it was something like cgi.bin. But the rest of the process worked and ended with the Moto dual core logo, I needed the phone so ended up flashing the official 4.0.4, full of bloatware btw, but at least I got a working phone again :D

Thanks Jim!

Mar 11, 2012
If I were to do the OTA update while on leak #1 would I be okay? My end goal is to be on the Official ICS OTA track. I want to be able to trade my phone in when I get my upgrade.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, so you want to return to GB from ICS, right?

Well I have written a script for AT&T users to get back to GB 2.3.5 from ICS with the fxz patched with the same patch the Chinese forum had used.

It is very simple just download the correct file there is a version for windows users in a batch file, and a shell script for the Linux and Mac users.

This has been tested and will not brick your phone. We have several confirmed cases that this works Even one of our devs soft bricked on ICS today and was able to get back to 2.3.5 from this.

--UPDATE 10/18/2012--

Do NOT use this if you are on leak 2/the soak/the final OTA!!! You will hard brick!!!
    This ONLY works for leak 1, that is dated early July in the build date.

--UPDATE 09/26/2012--

Here are the 2.3.6 fxz scripts as well, that alteredikeness put together when the 2nd leak came out, go thank alteredlikeness for these:

Windows:
    Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/A2_backto236_win.zip
    MD5sum: a937d39d52572843aecab25e1682cda8

Linux/Mac:
    Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/a2_backto236_lm.zip
    MD5sum: ffc4ebd245e68ad0ce5a9e40d9ba751b

--END UPDATE--

2.3.5 Files:

Windows:

You will download the following zip file:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/a2_return_to_gb_win.zip

MD5sum: 85dd75fc711a723837d927c6de6ca1fa

Then unzip the whole thing, do not drag and drop the files, there is an A2_go_back_win directory with all the files in it... extract this directory to either your desktop or C:\ BE VERY CAREFUL YOU DO NOT DRAG JUST THE FILES TO C:\ but you extract the WHOLE directory there.

Then go to your command line (cmd) and cd to either your Desktop or C:\A2_go_back_win then run the restore-to-gb.bat file

Code:
    C:\ > cd A2_go_back_win
    C:\A2_go_back_win > restore-to-gb.bat

Linux and Mac:

You will download the following zip file:
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Motorola_ATRIX_2_Developers/jimbridgman/a2_return_to_gb_lm.zip

MD5sum: 58b4c47c02e9ad0a379ca8cc5734687a

Unzip the file and go to the command line and cd to where you unzipped the file to and cd into the A2_go_back directory. Then run the return_to_gb.sh shell script

The following is an example of how to run this. The directory I use is just and example, please cd to the correct directory you extracted the zip to on your machine.

Code:
    $ cd ~/Downloads/A2_go_back
    $ ./restore_to_gb.sh

This will ONLY work if you are on ICS, I will get something for 2.3.6 and 2.3.5 from, once you have been on ICS, those are "special" cases so PLEASE do not attempt that until further notice.

Thanks to the following users:
    jerrycrystal, sky2k4@CHN, mntlion, KEB64, leifmagnuson, seraphielx, ri4naire, Fall of Enosis, jspugh, rdavisct, cogeary, JRW 28, alteredlikeness, a special thanks to dicksteele.

If I forgot you please PM me, all of those guys deserve for you to hit their thanks button for either testing, or getting the needed files, or other support.

One last thing, if you brick or soft brick I am not responsible, you hacked your phone and made the choice freely, to do so.

Now upward and onward to more android development.
    Looking for testers

Hello all A2 users on ICS,

I am looking for a few adventurous persons willing to test an updated fxz/script option to return to 2.3.6 GB from ICS. I have updated the fxz files and included jim's script (with his blessing) - so, it should work either by script or RSD Lite on Windows.

I am looking for at least 3 Windows users and 3 Linux/Mac users on a current AT&T ICS leak (;)), with intermediate knowledge of Android and your computer OS of choice.
    REMEMBER: Your participation is completely voluntary, so please understand the risks involved - and no one besides yourself is responsible for your phone.

Interested persons: PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD WITH QUESTIONS OR SAYING THAT YOU WILL TEST - Instead, please kindly PM me, and I will fill you in on the details.

----------------

So far, 3 successful fxz's from the (first) ICS leak to 2.3.6 on Windows!
    Thank you very much to:
    DX2Trip
    mtnlion
    gabo_e30
    ICS to 2.3.6 FXZ

Well, since Jim and I have both been busy with life and other android things lately, and since I've had only successful test runs of the ICS (leak#1) to GB 2.3.6 fxz package, I suppose I'll just post it and we can work out the details later...

This will return your A2 to AT&T 2.3.6 from the first ICS leak only (as posted here).

Follow the instructions in the OP of this thread (also the tips in the n00b thread). Everything is included in this new package - no need to replace any files. All credit to jimbridgman for the scripts, and google/moto/at&t for the files.

Windows:
    Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61960599/A2_backto236_win.zip
    MD5sum: a937d39d52572843aecab25e1682cda8

Linux/Mac:
    Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/61960599/a2_backto236_lm.zip
    MD5sum: ffc4ebd245e68ad0ce5a9e40d9ba751b

I, nor anyone else, is responsible for your phone but you...

Yes, this fxz will bring you directly back to 2.3.6 at&t GB (from the first at&t ICS leak only - and/or from any ROM you might be on after installing the first leak package) - eliminating the need for going to 2.3.5 and doing the ota to 2.3.6.

But, Jim's original fxz packages to 2.3.5 in the op still work fine, this is just another option to save a step..

Thanks to the following for testing:
    DX2Trip
    mtnlion
    gabo_e30
    chrisn91
    maybe a few others.. please remind me
    Hello all A2 users on ICS,

I am looking for a few adventurous persons willing to test an updated fxz/script option to return to 2.3.6 GB from ICS. I have updated the fxz files and included jim's script (with his blessing) - so, it should work either by script or RSD Lite on Windows.

I am looking for at least 3 Windows users and 3 Linux/Mac users on a current AT&T ICS leak (;)), with intermediate knowledge of Android and your computer OS of choice.
    REMEMBER: Your participation is completely voluntary, so please understand the risks involved - and no one besides yourself is responsible for your phone.

Interested persons: PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD WITH QUESTIONS OR SAYING THAT YOU WILL TEST - Instead, please kindly PM me, and I will fill you in on the details.
    ----------------
    EDIT:
    One successful fxz from ICS to 2.3.6 on Windows! Thank you very much, DX2Trip!!

Not a problem my friend. Glad I could help. It made it way easier to upgrade back too btw to anyone wondering. I did not have to go back to 2.3.5. Went from ICS to 2.3.6 back to ICS no prob. Thanks YOU for helping our community with your development. You have more thanks coming your way from anyone else who wants to use this simple FXZ I'm sure! Keep it up, you guys rock!

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
    Thanks a lot jim :) And thanks a lot "Chinese Guy" ^_^ :)

Got few questions :

1.Only At n T users ? I guess thats coz is that the only leak ?
    2.Will this work only on ICS leak or will work on SC v7 too ?
    3. Back to 2.3.5 and the 2.3.6 OTA can be done as usual ?

regards.