[Q] Stock Video App force closing across all roms

Search This thread

evilryry

Sep 15, 2013
*logcat in 3rd post* Its probably something stupid, but my stock samsung video app will not open and force closes if i try to use it. Only app I have a problem with. oddly enough it has happened on all rom's I have experimented with, including my stock rom and daily driver Hyperdrive RLS15 and also if i install a new rom after the fact it will still happen. Was working fine and one day it all stopped working. I did try to uninstall it and reinstall it also which made no difference. I have since backed it up and uninstalled it via TiBu, due to it randomly force closing and freezing my phone without opening it. If anyone has any idea's on how to fix, or how to see why it fc's, any input would be awesome. im ok with odin if i have to. Any and all input is much appreciated. :D Thanks.

Last edited:

Oishikatta

Mar 16, 2014

I would guess based on that error message that you're missing an odex/lib, but that doesn't make sense because Hyperdrive is deodexed.

Have you tried a clean flash of Hyperdrive (wipe data/cache/dalvik cache) and selecting the video app during the install (not restoring via TiBu)?

I'm not sure how to solve your problem, but this player works quite well for me: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free

evilryry

Sep 15, 2013
I would guess based on that error message that you're missing an odex, but that doesn't make sense because Hyperdrive is deodexed.

Have you tried a clean flash of Hyperdrive (wipe data/cache/dalvik cache) and selecting the video app during the install (not restoring via TiBu)?

I'm not sure how to solve your problem, but this player works quite well for me: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bsplayer.bspandroid.free

i've tried that, a different rom, and on my stock rom. happens across all 3 options no matter what I do. which leaves me to think i should odin back to stock and redo everything again maybe.

Mistertac

Oct 22, 2013
Springfield, Ma
If it's happening on more than one ROM for you then maybe you should Odin back to stock. Although I don't know why a factory data reset along with fully wiping in recovery wouldn't help fix this issue....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 07:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 AM ----------

What is your base build.... what recovery are you issuing???

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2