[ROM][MJ9][Safestrap] Mediocre ROM v1.0

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2820tgp.png

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I released anything for Android. I took a much needed break from everything for about 5 months. Well now I'm back and I'm making my home the Note 2 section :D

Now let me tell you first off, this ROM is absolutely nothing to go crazy over (hence the name). However, it will eventually grow into a pretty badass build by time the last update rolls around. So if you want to use this ROM, what I'm asking is that you take a journey with me. This ROM will be an adventure and I would like you all to go on that adventure with me. Follow me through every step of this ROM. Too many times nowadays, ROMs are used for about a maximum of 1 month before people get bored and move on to something else. That's why I started Mediocre ROM. I wanted to start with a completely clean slate, and then eventually add features in 1 by 1 (or a group of features here, group of features there). My point is that I want this ROM to have many updates, that way you, the user, are never bored. Also, if you have ANY suggestions, please post them!! I'm not saying they will all be implemented, but they will ALL be considered. So without further ado, let's get to the brass tax!

Disclaimer:
    I am not responsible if your phone divides by 0 and causes thermo-nuclear war with Russia!

NOTE:
    You must be on the MJ9 Firmware to flash this ROM!!

n702x.png

Credits will be added as more and more people contribute the features that get added into this ROM.

Beanstown106 for his amazing MJ9 base! Thanks!

2d9cpig.png

Everything!

2cfpe0m.png

None that I am aware of.

1oal39.png

Rooted
    Insecure boot.img file
    Busybox
    Zipaligned
    Deodexed
    Init.d Support
    Bash
    SQLite3
    Nano
    Adb as root
    Bootanimation.zip support
    Removed Verizon Update Ability
    Removed VZW Navigator + VZW Tunes
    Removed Knox Apps
    Power Menu Mod (Reboot Menu)

ma8j75.png

1. Download ROM and put on external sdcard.
    2. Boot into Safestrap.
    3. Advanced Wipe - Make sure data, cache and dalvik are checked.
    4. Flash ROM.
    5. Reboot.
    6. PROFIT!

288qumw.png

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407589499

MD5: 218288f4ec7fc6819507fb92593e4bb3

If for some reason, you would like to send me some beer money, please do so by sending to my Google Wallet at spc.hicks09@gmail.com
    Screenshots will be posted here soon. I haven't had a chance to get them yet.
    //**CHANGELOG**\\

v1.0
    Initial Release
    Used Beans MJ9 base
    Edited build.prop to reflect ROM name
    Edited updater script with custom messages
    Added build.prop tweaks
    Baked in Power Menu Mod (Reboot Menu)
    last one for anything else.
    any chance of getting a non-safestrap version for the ones who haven't upgraded to 4.3 & locked bootloader?

I'll look into it. Shouldn't be too hard to do but since I'm locked and on 4.3 this build will have priority.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk