Frequently Asked Questions

Search This thread

striker280

Dec 5, 2011
question

i live in canada and own a htc wildfire s a510e

i was just wondering that i just flashed the sense 3.5 rom based on the chinese ruu. So will this affect my plan here when i make calls or text?

gatre

Jan 17, 2012
I flashed [ROM]m1ndh4x8r GB2.3.5[1/25/2012] and used data2sd. Everything is fine except one thing. Each time I restart my phone, there is always a warning "Sorry! Process com.android.phone is not responding. Force close - Wait". If I choose Wait button, everything works well, but this annoys me.
Is there any solution to close this warning?
Thanks

jerdict

Feb 6, 2012
is flashing ROM still necessary to be at 100% battery? or is it already auto calibrated?
sorry for my noob question... since my first time i flashed ROM i feel like my battery was miscalibrated. TIA

perfectknight75

Mar 28, 2010
Isle of Wight
Hi Guys,

After spending the past couple of years tweaking my HD2 with the help of XDA i upgraded to Samsung Galaxy S2.

I have the utmost faith that you will help me on here.

Im trying to help my little sister out as she recently got a Wildfire S and i said ooh let me get on here and see what we can do to tweak it.

So please can you give me all your top tips/ things to do to my sisters Wildfire please - i want to get the best out of it for her.

GoJo ^^

Dec 2, 2011
I got the wildfire s a510e too and wanted to know, YES OR NO is there a way i can get it to play flash video from a brower (maxthon, dolphin, etc..)? I've been told yes, but then HOW?

Android311

Dec 13, 2011
California
i live in canada and own a htc wildfire s a510e

i was just wondering that i just flashed the sense 3.5 rom based on the chinese ruu. So will this affect my plan here when i make calls or text?

no it will not

---------- Post added at 05:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

I got the wildfire s a510e too and wanted to know, YES OR NO is there a way i can get it to play flash video from a brower (maxthon, dolphin, etc..)? I've been told yes, but then HOW?

try this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1458692

satin 666

Oct 31, 2011
THANKS

Calm down son.

1. Yes it will unlock your Telstra Wildfire S. As well as give it S-OFF for rooting and custom roms.

2. No, where on earth did you hear that? You can get free calls and texts via the internet services such as Skype or WhatsApp, but you would still need to pay for the data usage.

3. Very low if you know how to use it.

And no you do not have to keep it in the phone to keep it unlocked, what, you think people are carrying around a connected XTC-clip in their pockets?!

After you use the XTC-clip, you unlock and can then full root it and flash custom recovery and roms. :rolleyes:
Thanks So Much And Sorry For the double post (My Internet Stuffed Up :s)

pinkypie

Feb 27, 2012
Sorry for this question. I have a stock wildfire s gb 2.3.5 that is stuck in white htc screen. What I did is i flashed a custom kernel for me to be able to OC the phone and its stuck at that htc white screen logo. I did not backup everything :(. Can anyone please help me on how to fix this one or flash a rom in recovery mode? I tried flashing several kernels in recovery mode via cwm but failed and its still stuck. A step by step process would suffice. Im no techie girl and now im scared of even touching the phone :(. any help would be a gift. thank you all and sorry for asking such a noob question.

HTC Wildfire S unbranded Philippine Version (ASIA WWE RUU something)
2.3.5 upgraded via FOTA
rooted with CWM 5.0 something installed

rejectedsup

Mar 7, 2012
West Fargo
Htc phone says "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." i wait it out in the background the starting app launches... im currently trying to run .sense on my wildfire s cdma with s-off. i can get a stock rom on the phone but why cant i get and sense 3.5 roms to run properly? Please help.

Last edited:

benjamingwynn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2011
xenxier.com
Htc phone says "the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." i wait it out in the background the starting app launches... im currently trying to run .sense on my wildfire s cdma with s-off. i can get a stock rom on the phone but why cant i get and sense 3.5 roms to run properly? Please help.

Hello my troubled user! I hate to ask but why didn't you post on the .sense thread or pm me? Anyway you need to get me the following

- .sense version
- kernel used
- hboot version
- radio version
- last time a ruu was flashed on your phone
- recovery version
- phone model

If you don't know what these mean then please use Google!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium

rejectedsup

Mar 7, 2012
West Fargo
Hello my troubled user! I hate to ask but why didn't you post on the .sense thread or pm me? Anyway you need to get me the following

- .sense version
- kernel used
- hboot version
- radio version
- last time a ruu was flashed on your phone
- recovery version
- phone model

If you don't know what these mean then please use Google!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using xda premium

Ill try to send you a pm ounce i gather all the information. Was going to put it up on your developer page but i didnt hit the 10 post min to comment on a dev thread. First time iv really had any questions issues lol.

Lt.Win

Aug 20, 2011
Mumbai
Will I lose my warranty once i root my phone? I bought it in september 2011.

If you S-OFF it or unlock the bootloader via htcdev, your warranty is gone. There is a way to get warranty back with S-OFF, I don't know how.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S powered by .sense which is powerful enough to control the internet

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As people are making multiple threads about the same thing again and again, I decided to make one thread for FAQ.

--------------------------------------------------------

Q) Can I root my phone?
    A- Yes, only if you have S-OFF

Q) How do I get S-OFF on my phone?

A- Please visit htcdev to start unlocking your phone!

Q) How much internal memory does HTC Wildfire S have?

A- 150 MB.

Q) Is Flash supported on my phone?

A- Answer is both, yes and no. Full Flash is not supported but a few chinese developers have made a "lite" version for ARMv6 devices i.e; Wildfire S

Q) I'm having problem with Sync. It doesn't work!

A- Keep your internal memory more than 15 MB. Only then it'll work.

Q) My battery life is very bad. What to do?

A- You should buy a new battery. Not from HTC but from some other site(s). Try Mugen Power batteries or buy one from eBay if you don't wish to spend $47 on a battery.

Did I miss something? Let me know. I'll add/fix it instantly
    :D
    [SOLVED] battery drain issue

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hello everyone who is experiencing really massive battery drain on wildfire S.

Symptoms:
    1. you own wildfire S
    2. in battery stats the "dialer" is on top (eg. 97%)
    3. you have made a call recently
    4. experiencing battery drain about 30-50% per hour.

Cause:
    Maybe it really surprises you (or your girlfriend:rolleyes:), but you are most probably making a phone call. The new wildfire's dialer is just a bit crappy. When you dial a number and then want to hang up, you have to do it by correct button (the red "hang-up" button). There is also a possibility to "terminate the call" by pressing the "back" button on the bottom, but in this case your call is not terminated at all, but dialer is running now in the background. The nice example is when you are calling a buddy and then you hang-up(using back button) after you realized that you are being redirected to voicemail. By doing this you are still talking to a voicemail for a period of time until the call is terminated automatically by that particular carrier.

Solution:
    Use the red button to terminate the phone call. Check the logs and you will see if this is your case.

If you find this post helping to you, just say "Thanks" :) ---->
    "You should by a new batter" It should be battery. :D
    Error in FAQ

As people are making multiple threads about the same thing again and again, I decided to make one thread for FAQ.

Q) Can I root my phone?
    A- Yes, only if you have S-OFF

That is not true.

I (and MANY others) are enjoying a rooted phone (and custom ROM, etc.) with an S-ON HTC Wildfire S.

S-OFF is NOT a requirement for root.
    How can I know if my wildfire s is S-ON or S-OFF ?
    Go to Settings > Power > Disable Fast Boot.

Turn off the phone, then turn it on again with the power button but hold the volume down button at the same time.

This is recovery mode. It should say it at the top of the screen.