Gear Fit (Small Watch Band)

Search This thread

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Do not know who they are kidding with such a small watch band would like to buy a larger watch band. (Adult size)
I am on the last two holes of the kids size (small wrist size) band.
Anybody know where I can order large watch band? (Canada)

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
Me I can not decide if it fits,
Wear it slightly above the wrist, even on the last two holes I see a imprint where the watch was attached when I take it off.

Should be slightly snug (for the heart rate), it is.

I will keep my eye open, eBay should start selling larger straps soon.

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
Me I can not decide if it fits,
Wear it slightly above the wrist, even on the last two holes I see a imprint where the watch was attached when I take it off.

Should be slightly snug (for the heart rate), it is.

I will keep my eye open, eBay should start selling larger straps soon.

You must have massive wrists. I'm 6'2" and weigh 205 and I'm not having an issue with the band size.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
I am a big guy myself, got one hole left and I changed my mind.
Just needed to get used to it, I hardly know I am wearing it now.

If I get a new watch strap it maybe just for a different colour.

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
Inspired from the commercial showing the fit, I think it'd be possible to get a leather cuff/bracelet and cut out a hole the size of the Fit face and wear it that way. I'll look around for just such a thing :)

Renzo4000

Sep 10, 2007
I think you first have to be fit before you can wear the gear fit :p

But true, it's a really kids size wrist band. Would love to see a all leather variant with decent size. Even a metal band would be great! Are you reading with us Samsung?

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
I think you first have to be fit before you can wear the gear fit :p

But true, it's a really kids size wrist band. Would love to see a all leather variant with decent size. Even a metal band would be great! Are you reading with us Samsung?

You can buy standard an XL size. ;)

Renzo4000

Sep 10, 2007
Okay but here in Holland there was a great offer where you got the gear fit for free with your galaxy s5 you didn't had the choice in size...

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
Okay but here in Holland there was a great offer where you got the gear fit for free with your galaxy s5 you didn't had the choice in size...

You can buy new strap in every official Samsung Store in country. In my small country (Slovakia) we have 3 official stores and also in other shops you can buy it. I have one standard size in black color and one XL size in orange color. But XL is too big for me.

AstroDigital

Aug 10, 2010
You can buy new strap in every official Samsung Store in country. In my small country (Slovakia) we have 3 official stores and also in other shops you can buy it. I have one standard size in black color and one XL size in orange color. But XL is too big for me.

Maybe they like Europe?

Canada has 3 stores, all out west and I am not driving 4000 or 5000km to see if they have wrist straps, me I bought one from eBay orange, standard size. Like I said the strap was not to small just had to get used to it.

Toogoofy

Dec 21, 2011
Too small?!?! I'm dying for a smaller one! Yes I am a woman a not so small woman but these really aren't designed for us no smart watch right now is. I got the fit because it was the smallest of them all and mine is all the way in with the loop almost doubled!

The goof!

kmd19

Nov 26, 2014
I found the band too much hassle to fit quickly so got hold of a folding buckle, trimmed the band lengths, made holes for the spring pins and now the gear fits like a watch, just the right side of snug. Simple DIY job as I couldn't find anything in stores.

Attachments

• 20150301_144940.jpg
    20150301_144940.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 646
  • 20150301_144913.jpg
    20150301_144913.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 634
Reactions: stfly

dwwright

Aug 17, 2010
KMD19, That is a nice solution. I think I've seen those metal bands that have a pin for the watch band holes to still make it adjustable.

Reactions: kmd19

kmd19

Nov 26, 2014
dwwright. Yes they are easily obtainable from the Amaz - Bay. I plan on making some more using the standard straps in various colours. It's the raised bumps on the underside of the standard strap that provides the space/thickness for the holes required. I used a cork board pin from both sides to make mine, after I'd cut off the excess strap, that was the only tricky bit.

obsydian

May 15, 2007
London
In the UK I waited a but as the Samsung site was only shipping large bands, called said wait for small no stock, then emailed and got told for Europe only the Large band would be sold ???

It's way too damning big

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

---------- Post added at 07:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

Tried a band of Amazon looked good but the bloody watch feel off a few times due to very poor connector

Sent from my SM-G935F using XDA-Developers Legacy app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I found the band too much hassle to fit quickly so got hold of a folding buckle, trimmed the band lengths, made holes for the spring pins and now the gear fits like a watch, just the right side of snug. Simple DIY job as I couldn't find anything in stores.
    KMD19, That is a nice solution. I think I've seen those metal bands that have a pin for the watch band holes to still make it adjustable.