SMS Message Problem!

Search This thread

d3l1

Nov 18, 2009
No problems with sms here (o2 Germany) it worked fine from the beginning the they were delivered and recieved instantly.

Sylpheed

Sep 2, 2007
Hi guys

just wondering,, will applying a different rom fix this issue? it sounds more like a software issue then a hardware issue.

Nov 19, 2009
Had my HD2 for a few days now. I'm with O2 and the problem started to occur even before I made any reg tweaks.

Resetting the device seems to work, and sometimes, changing the Advanced Network, SMS Service..SMS Over setting from GSM to GPRS seemed to have some effect.

Hope this gets fixed soon as I rely on txt's a lot and now I'm finding I have to reset several times a day, and having to check the outbox after sending every text to make sure its not stuck.

Nick

ijob

Nov 2, 2008
Liverpool
www.yoliverpool.com
I emailed HTC support this morning with no reply yet, maybe [wishful thinking?] they are looking into the issue as more contact them.

I certainly dont want to send my new phone in for 'repairs'. Last time I did that with my xperia, SE had it for severn weeks!

mr_Ray

Feb 9, 2006
Everything fine here on sending messages (T-Mo UK).

What have you guys got set up for message sending preferences? (GSM only/GPRS only/GSM preferred/GPRS preferred)? Can't remember where it is in settings but I know on previous phones having it set incorrectly could result in these sort of random send/not send problems you're seeing.

Try both of the preferred options see if that helps.

nghj

Oct 7, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Everything fine here on sending messages (T-Mo UK).

What have you guys got set up for message sending preferences? (GSM only/GPRS only/GSM preferred/GPRS preferred)? Can't remember where it is in settings but I know on previous phones having it set incorrectly could result in these sort of random send/not send problems you're seeing.

Try both of the preferred options see if that helps.

shouldnt the setting be using 'GSM ONLY'? Normally i dont send sms via GPRS.

mr_Ray

Feb 9, 2006
shouldnt the setting be using 'GSM ONLY'? Normally i dont send sms via GPRS.

Well I assume the option is there for a reason and both are valid methods. I don't know what networks support one both or either option, and there's precious few other suggestions been made soo thought it worth mentioning.

Oh, to get to setting:

Comm manager > phone settings > menu > advanced network > sms service

Can't do any harm to try.

d3l1

Nov 18, 2009
"GSM preferred" afaik, mine is set so and works fine with sms

ageorgiou1984

Apr 26, 2007
Mine is set to GSM preferred and I have the issue.

To everyone one that has the issue, could you please report it to HTC, hopefully the more people that report it the quicker we'll get a fix.

Here's the link: HTC Support

Top Liked Posts