Invisible shield HD2

Search This thread

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I finally received my Maximum Protection Invisible Shield today in the mail after ordering it last Wednesday and paying for 2 Day shipping. I will be applying it myself later today since I have applied a few of them in my time on an iPod touch, Palm Pre, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Droid Eris even my digital camera has one. I know that the full body and maximum protection kits can be a pain in the ___ but I know you also just have to take your time and ave allot of patience. I will post some pictures after I get it installed so anyone wondering can see what exactly the new Maximum Protection actually covers.

GeSte

Dec 23, 2008
Singapore
I finally received my Maximum Protection Invisible Shield today in the mail after ordering it last Wednesday and paying for 2 Day shipping. I will be applying it myself later today since I have applied a few of them in my time on an iPod touch, Palm Pre, Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, Droid Eris even my digital camera has one. I know that the full body and maximum protection kits can be a pain in the ___ but I know you also just have to take your time and ave allot of patience. I will post some pictures after I get it installed so anyone wondering can see what exactly the new Maximum Protection actually covers.

Cant wait, I had Zaggs InvisiShield and it does not totally protect the edges.

Problem with Zagg (at least with full body) is that initially it looks great. But if you take out/insert you phone often (e.g. use holster) then (in 1-2-3 months) it starts peeling off at corners and after that this process is irreversible and in 2 months after start your phone looks like crap.
I had IS 3 times. And last 2 times they were installed in Zaggs own booth. They do installations/sales in malls. Same thing.

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
OK well here are the results from my instillation of my Maximum Protection Invisible Shield. I have to mention that I have just installed it a few hours ago so it is not completely set and the bubbles will disperser like they always do with the Invisible shields. I also have to mention that this was surprising the easiest instillation I have applied, only 4 pieces make it easy as well. I am very surprised that the sensitivity on the screen is no different and that the screen is not as sticky to the touch as it was for my other devices.

Attachments

• DSC02608.jpg
    DSC02608.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 544
  • DSC02609.jpg
    DSC02609.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 503
  • DSC02610.jpg
    DSC02610.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 442
  • DSC02611.jpg
    DSC02611.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 513
  • DSC02612.jpg
    DSC02612.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 441
  • DSC02614.jpg
    DSC02614.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 422
  • DSC02616.jpg
    DSC02616.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 445
  • DSC02617.jpg
    DSC02617.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 465

anubis.genix

May 29, 2006
i'm still not quite sure if i should give IS a shot. i was using brando in the past 3 years on my beloved prophet and diamond :) how does the IS react on sun reflections? are you still able to see something on the screen? how's the feeling like? is it rough?
sorry for bugging you with those questions, but i need to know if it's worth to switch to IS ;)
thanks in advance!

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
No big deal not bugging at all, I am here to help if I am able in any ways. I really love the feeling of the Device in hand after the Invisible Shield is allied. It just feels allot more secure and fells less likely to slip out of your hand. I also think that the Shield actually allows you to see the screen a little better in sunlight and also almost completely prevents finger prints and smudges. I only applied the screen portion to prevent all of the finger prints and smudges because I am really not worried about the screen getting scratched or dinged up after the video I saw awhile back of them taking everything including a knife to the screen and nothing. I also love the fact that Zagg offers free life time warranty on there shield so if you have a defective device and have it replaced you can also get your shield replaced for free as well or if for some reason something happens to the shield, it will get replaced for free as well.

I also love the fact that Zagg offers free life time warranty on there shield so if you have a defective device and have it replaced you can also get your shield replaced for free as well or if for some reason something happens to the shield, it will get replaced for free as well.
Not only they DO charge you $4 for replacement shipping ... you also have to send back old one. And if you fail to do that, or it gets lost ... they charge you full price of the shield.

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
Not only they DO charge you $4 for replacement shipping ... you also have to send back old one. And if you fail to do that, or it gets lost ... they charge you full price of the shield.

I did not have to do that for the Touch Pro Invisible Shields. I just called them up and told them what was going on and they sent me one out and I recieved it a week later.

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
No problem, Enjoy your new Invisible Shield. I am now in search for a dock that will fit my TMOUs HD2 with my Maximum Protection Invisible Shield. I know that the TMOUS version is very slightly taller then the European version. I am under the impression however that they are the same width though. Can any one confirm the width difference (if any) and possibly suggest any Docks that will fit my Device with the Invisible Shield installed? I would rather not remove part of the bottom protection to may it fit.

sancmat

Sep 30, 2008
Minneapolis, MN
OK well here are the results from my instillation of my Maximum Protection Invisible Shield. I have to mention that I have just installed it a few hours ago so it is not completely set and the bubbles will disperser like they always do with the Invisible shields. I also have to mention that this was surprising the easiest instillation I have applied, only 4 pieces make it easy as well. I am very surprised that the sensitivity on the screen is no different and that the screen is not as sticky to the touch as it was for my other devices.

I got the full body on mine and I don't see the difference from the maximum protection. Is it thicker or something?

trilogy069

Dec 11, 2008
I am not sure the difference between the two but I have had my own for a few days now and I really like it. It makes the phone feel really good in my hand and even though it does not completely cover the entire phone, it covers what it needs to and since this phone is an investment you want to take care of it anyway because there is nothing out there that will completely protect your phone if you first don't try and take care of it. Just my .02 cents!

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
I put my full body protector on last night, I absolutely love it and would reccomend it to any and everyone possible! :)

reflux

Jan 25, 2009
Chi-City
i installed a BestSkinsEver full body coverage on mine. i had one on my 8900 too. it was 5.99 for full body just last week :] i love that it covers the camera lens without blurring it :D

Last edited:

EightEight

Mar 29, 2007
No Wind City
Can Silicone case and Max Protection Invisible Shield cause HD2 over heat? My HD2 get hot stream video over wifi, I don't know by my hand holding it or it has too many protection.

Any idea?

Thanks all.

RKnight1983

Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, Michigan
www.facebook.com
I have not experienced any overheating and I have the Max Protection and several different Silicones covers that I swap out daily and have had no problems so far (knock on wood) .... I actually have not experienced any overheating issues since the original Touch Pro and Diamond.

kcab87

Jan 5, 2008
i was going to get the maximum protection invisible shield for my HD2 until i came across the bestskinsever full body shield. And when they mean full body, they mean it!! it covers absolutely every nook and cranny of the phone. including front hardware keys and the camera glass as well. check it out here.....

http://www.bestskinsever.com/htc-hd2-skin