[KERNEL] Customized stock FroYo kernel 2.6.32.17 (01/18/2011)

Search This thread

Westi01

Apr 1, 2010
Hey BlaY0,
I am sorry to ask you such noobish questions but I have to know If I can apply This Kernel to Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC2. And does Cyanogenmod includes new kernels to their Roms? Are there any dangers applying this? Does this enhance the signal strength of my Legend? I am sorry but I didn't found answers in this forum. Thanks for good work!

Sent from my Legend

BlaY0

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 15, 2007
Medvode
OK, will make one for 768 MHz too... just give me a dey or two :p

I am sorry to ask you such noobish questions but I have to know If I can apply This Kernel to Cyanogenmod 6.1 RC2. And does Cyanogenmod includes new kernels to their Roms? Are there any dangers applying this? Does this enhance the signal strength of my Legend? I am sorry but I didn't found answers in this forum. Thanks for good work!
As far as CM is concerned, you'd better stay with its kernel. Read all three pages... someone mentioned that he had weird graphics glitches using this kernel on CM.

Guess aufs_no_kernel.zip was the wrong file to start with.
No, it's OK to use this patch. Haven't tested it tho... will try it and report back in overlay thread...

Last edited:

ali ba

May 30, 2010
Vienna
derhofbauer.at
As far as CM is concerned, you'd better stay with its kernel. Read all three pages... someone mentioned that he had weird graphics glitches using this kernel on CM.

There's a commit that gets rid of the glitches (HTC implemented something in a HAL modules but we are doing it in the kernel).

I'm almost done porting the changes to the new kernel. Just be patient, it's only been a day since HTC released the sources. There will definitely be an RC3 containing the new kernel and modules. Maybe today, most likely tomorrow.

lwiss

Jul 31, 2010
thaaaaanx Blayo for this zip !!!! now i am so happy...
now the setting in "setcpu" not "ondemand" (then go 400--787 says "systempanel")
i setting in "setcpu" of "interaktive" (then go 122--787 says "systempanel")

thank you so much...

lwiss

BlaY0

Sep 15, 2007
Medvode
I'm almost done porting the changes to the new kernel. Just be patient, it's only been a day since HTC released the sources. There will definitely be an RC3 containing the new kernel and modules. Maybe today, most likely tomorrow.
What do you think about ondemand governor in this kernel? My opinion is that its behavior is not normal...

Sent from my HTC Legend

Sckank

Jul 7, 2010
Florø
There's a commit that gets rid of the glitches (HTC implemented something in a HAL modules but we are doing it in the kernel).

Interesting :) What about porting other stuff as well? Thinking spesific about the wifi drivers. :) Excellent work btw, you're the best ;-)

Sent from my HTC Legend using XDA App

Vrhovni Bog

Sep 4, 2010
Belgrade
Well, this is interesting:
Using stock 2.2 Vodafone with older 2.6.29 overclocked kernel (787) is much more smoother than with this kernel with same frequency.
Widget scrooling was almost smooth as on no-sense rom, but with this kernel is same as before (as if there is no overclock. In both cases I was using set cpu, interactive governor).
Anyone else come to same conclusion?

PS. Nice work BlaY0, keep it up!

Last edited:

Dr.Romca

Dec 12, 2008
Prague
How could I install it with Rom Manager?
I would point you to the first post and the red bold text, but I feel it is senseless...
So yes, you can install with ROM manager:
After you have installed Flash Clockwork recovery, choose Install ROM from SD card, choose the signed zip...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK, here we go...

• smaller (lzma compressed)
    • overclocked :D
    • perflock disabled
    • interactive governor
    • ondemand governor fixed
    • CFQ and BFQ IO schedulers
    • UTF-8 NLS (default)
    • LZO compression
    • ext4 support
    • CIFS (module)
    • Aufs (module)
    • TUN/TAP (module)

...available scaling frequencies are 123, 246, 480, 600, 768, 787 and 806 MHz. Default governor is ondemand. Default speed is 246 MHz min and 600 MHz max. This can be changed using SetCPU or manually via sysfs.

Note

Support for ipv6 was modularized to make kernel smaller. You can activate it by loading ipv6 module through adb shell or terminal:
    Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ipv6.ko
    ...the same goes for ext4 support (two modules need to be loaded):
    Code:
    insmod /system/lib/modules/jbd2.ko
    insmod /system/lib/modules/ext4.ko

Legal

This software is licensed under GPLv2, distributed free of charge and WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY! Source code for this software can be found on HTC Developer Center. Links to applied patches are provided in 2nd post. If you feel that this is not enough, I also offer (upon formal request of a third party) all the source code on a customary medium for a charge no more than a cost of phisically performing distribution.

Do not flash if you don't know what kernel is and what it does!
    Changelog

0.5 (January 18, 2011)

0.4 (December 23, 2010)
    • ext4 support
    • reverted to stock ondemand governor

0.3 (December 3, 2010)
    • added CFQ and BFQ IO schedulers (BFQ is default)
    • removed some unneeded stuff from the config (smaller footprint)

0.2 (December 2, 2010)
    • ported ondemand governor from CM's kernel source

0.1 (November 30, 2010)
    version 0.5

New version...

Allows trackpad wake.
    Go into advanced nandroid restore menu of ClockworkMod recovery and restore boot.img.
    I think you should just be grateful.