Finally a fix for 2-3 call delay!

Search This thread
J

j4n87

Yeah, it was a so annoying issue...
I wonder why so less people visited this thread :).

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
I copied this ZIP onto my SD card,rebooted, went into clockwork mod, install zip, choose zip and flashed this,rebooted but am stuck on the HTC screen now for over 7 minutes am i doing something wrong?

It's as well i made a backup or id lose everthing:eek:

kackburt

Sep 11, 2009
Vienna
I copied this ZIP onto my SD card,rebooted, went into clockwork mod, install zip, choose zip and flashed this,rebooted but am stuck on the HTC screen now for over 7 minutes am i doing something wrong?

Try adding the libaudio.so to your ROM.zip (with 7-zip or WinRAR) at the right directory and flash the ROM.zip again. That's what I am doing everytime I change something :)

Reactions: deoneR
J

j4n87

you mean copy the actual zip file into the ROM zip and then flash?

Unzip the cwm with the fix and navigate to "system/lib" and copy the "libaudio.so".
then open the rom zip navigate to "system/lib" and paste the "libaudio.so" there.

Didn't understand your previous post..did you make a backup or not?

If not...just flash your current rom again, you won't lose your data if you do this.
Only the files that you edited in /system like gps.conf or other tweaks you have to edit again.

jan-willem3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 13, 2010
┌┐(●_●)┌┐
People dont understand that this work the best on CM7 nexus roms.
That by installing this fix on CM7 or AOSP you will probaly lose the robo and high volume on first call fix. That most roms have custom libs including this lib. Minimum requirements I would say CM7 2.34 and AOSP 2.34 since cm7 and AOSP are the most equal roms to each other.

To say it simple you cant just simply flash this on every rom also make sure your permission is right.

Last edited:

putti71

If you have a nandroid backup, you should be on the safe side!
Try to wipe cache partition first, then the dalvik cache and then flash the zip-file.
All of these actions take place in the CWM.

Hope it works!

jens1288

Aug 11, 2010
The libaudio.so fix was submitted to gerrit (Change I24a4a11b: Fix for a1026 suspend)by Jordon aka Jyxent. It was mergered with the latest nightlies, and should be merged with CM 7.0.4

blunden

Jun 11, 2009
The libaudio.so fix was submitted to gerrit (Change I24a4a11b: Fix for a1026 suspend)by Jordon aka Jyxent. It was mergered with the latest nightlies, and should be merged with CM 7.0.4
Yes, that fix works fine. I'm not sure it fixes the few seconds delay that affects all Gingerbread phones though but there was another potential workaround submitted for that too.

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5420

I have yet to include it in my build and try it though.

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
Thank you for clearing that up jyxent. To go into a bit more detail...

The fix that was posted, as jyxent mentioned, is for the Nexus One. That is for the infamous "wonk" that has been plaguing N1 users since the Gingerbread nightlies started (who woulda thunk it was just a single line that needed to be added).

The 2-3 second delay is something that affects most (if not all) Gingerbread installs. Currently there isn't a simple "fix" for this. It requires recompiling portions of Gingerbread. jyxent's fix is submitted to CM, but I don't see any reason why this can't be applied to AOSP as well. It has yet to be reviewed by the CM dev team (at least it doesn't have any comments on it yet). It might be something that can be made into some device-independent flashable zip, but it has yet to be created.

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Unzip the cwm with the fix and navigate to "system/lib" and copy the "libaudio.so".
then open the rom zip navigate to "system/lib" and paste the "libaudio.so" there.

Didn't understand your previous post..did you make a backup or not?

If not...just flash your current rom again, you won't lose your data if you do this.
Only the files that you edited in /system like gps.conf or other tweaks you have to edit again.

done thanks;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The story on the front page links to the wrong fix. The libaudio fix was for the wonk on the Nexus One. The libaudio library is hardware specific and may cause issues on other devices that don't share the same processor.

I've submitted a patch to gerrit that helps with the call delay here:

http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,5420
    I'll try the fix asap, thanks a lot!

e: works like a charm!

Try adding the libaudio.so to your ROM.zip (with 7-zip or WinRAR) at the right directory and flash the ROM.zip again. That's what I am doing everytime I change something :)
    Yeah, it was a so annoying issue...
    I wonder why so less people visited this thread :).

Because you posted it in the "Themes and Apps" section :D