[DISCUSSION] CM9 Experimental Build

Search This thread

patrao_n

Dec 17, 2010
san diego
I know I am late to the party on this one, but can someone please point me towards some info somewhere, that explains why WiMax is the last to be fixed, if at all. I cant seem to think of or apply the correct search parameters, to find an answer.

wimax is closed source. so unless it is reverse engineered or somehow they get the source code it won't be found in any aosp roms. that includes cyanogen and miui.

Wizard Knight

Apr 24, 2010
Long Island, New York
I know I am late to the party on this one, but can someone please point me towards some info somewhere, that explains why WiMax is the last to be fixed, if at all. I cant seem to think of or apply the correct search parameters, to find an answer.

for the record...

4G does not (and may/may not ever) work for aosp builds because the wimax chip set drivers for each phone is not open sourced. So being that the code is not readily available, in order to make 4g work, the drivers would need to be built from scratch which could take a team months (can't imagine a single dev doing it on their own) and they still may never get it right. Some phones got lucky with the source being leaked or a team actually building the driver, but by my count, it's only 2 so far, and being that the phones use different chip sets, the code can't be used by devs on other phones.

due to the complexity and sheer amount of time it takes to even start to get 4g to work, it's always last on the list and most devs won't even undertake such a project due to it being a life consuming vortex, lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Search Terms:

Why no 4G ; does 4G work ; y u no have 4g ; 4g reason ; I don't know how to search threads ; I have a hammer in my face and didn't see the 123492 posts related to 4g ; I'm too lazy to do my own homework

Last edited:

ejdavis

Apr 10, 2009
Bluetooth , Camera, Music.....× would be a daily driver for me

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
I am really falling in love with ics if only wifi , bt and camera working will be my daily drive . This is my second time flashing it and more i use it more i fell in love with it. I went to developers option after checking hardware acceleration it ran much snappier than touchwiz rom.I am gonna donate to this awesome developers as soon as they fix wifi,camera and bt.

yglaotu

Sep 19, 2010
can anybody tell me where to set the draw down anction to open/pull down the notification bar? that's one of my favor and I customed to that set.:confused:

dbaybay

Oct 23, 2011
Florida
I am really falling in love with ics if only wifi , bt and camera working will be my daily drive . This is my second time flashing it and more i use it more i fell in love with it. I went to developers option after checking hardware acceleration it ran much snappier than touchwiz rom.I am gonna donate to this awesome developers as soon as they fix wifi,camera and bt.

Where do you see Hardware Acceleration in developer options? That's not in the ROM..

mazook98

Sep 23, 2010
does anyone have a copy of an old app called "YouTubeXL"?
We used that back on the Nook Color while we were running a Honeycomb SDK alpha that had just about the very same issues of "what's not working" as this Rom, and it worked fine as a substitute for the "real" gapp....

I could've sworn I still had a copy in my dropbox, but it's not there...(I'm sure I have a copy on one of about 20 SD cards, but I just haven't gotten that desperate to go through them all yet.....)

Anyway, I thought it might be worth a shot to temp-fix that issue....

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

splitnail

Mar 10, 2011
Milwaukee
Stock music is working fine for me. For some reason though... my 4G isn't working... any thoughts ;)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
does anyone have a copy of an old app called "YouTubeXL"?
We used that back on the Nook Color while we were running a Honeycomb SDK alpha that had just about the very same issues of "what's not working" as this Rom, and it worked fine as a substitute for the "real" gapp....

I could've sworn I still had a copy in my dropbox, but it's not there...(I'm sure I have a copy on one of about 20 SD cards, but I just haven't gotten that desperate to go through them all yet.....)

Anyway, I thought it might be worth a shot to temp-fix that issue....

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

Try tubemate it may work

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

voredroid

Sep 2, 2010
Tempe, Az
Report...

Running smooth.. Its very clean.. aside from the op's mentioned bugs.. a couple FC - reboots.. will be perfect when the rest is sorted out in the upcoming updates.. Thank you for all your hard work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please use this thread to discuss the CM9 experimental build.
    I'm still working at it guys, I'd like to give you an eta but its hard to say until I get this pressing issue fixed. I'm not holding out just protecting phones from damage :p But progress is being made and I will share as soon as I feel comfortable with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
    to clarify some things, this is source built, it is NOT a port/kang of the international gs2 nor is it from an older build.

I will NOT be working with bubby, I will keep my opinions to myself but there is too much controversary surrounding him and I will not be involved in this drama.
    I came here to dev and learn, now let's discuss this ICS rom I heard about :)

carry on

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
    external sd was moved to /emmc because the framework didn't like the mounts stacked (/mnt/sdcard, /mnt/sdcard/exteranl_sd, /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage) but thats worked out in the next release and storage settings will work and no fc on media). GPS should work in next release, just pushing the gps lib to stock 3.1 won't work, I forgot the gps service :-/, it should work with steady's kernel tho. Youtube is working but not 100%. I'm still doing test builds while I await my phone, if I get confirmation of a solid build before I get my phone I will release it.

I appreciate everyone's enthusiasm and support to get this going!
    I built it off of the intl sgs2 source and started porting drivers over. I'm close to having modem and wimax working. I posted the source on my git if anyone wants to help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA