[RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL] TWRP Touch Recovery 2.8.5.0 \\ 07.04.15

Search This thread

coderzs

Recognized Developer
Dec 10, 2010
Moscow
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Phone look:

LF0LSFscn2s.jpg

CHANGELOG for 2.5.0.0+:
Code:
Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.5.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not be compatible with the new changes!

-Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
-Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
-Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
-Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC One m7, HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
-Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups (backups usually restored with no app data)
-Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
-Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
-Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
-Fixed handling of subpartitions
-Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
-Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

Downloads
Recovery - 07.04.15

My favorite theme for this recovery

How to install:
Go to recovery and flash :good:

How to install themes:
Download theme.zip and rename it to ui.zip
On SD card open the TWRP folder and create a new folder titled "theme" (case sensitive)
Copy ui.zip to the theme folder
Reboot phone in TWRP and enjoy!

Last edited:

linsalata28

Dec 25, 2010
Rio Grande
WOW thanks. I was someone wishing someone would make this just so I could play it cause I use 4ext. Thanks again for taking your time to keep our device alive.

anitgandhi

Oct 8, 2011
This is awesome thanks for making this.
Small question: you can flash a recovery from a recovery? I thought you had to flash an IMG file from fastboot...

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app

N_otori0us_

Mar 30, 2013
█ ▆ ▄ ▂ ▁ ▂ ▄ ▆ █`
This is awesome thanks for making this.
Small question: you can flash a recovery from a recovery? I thought you had to flash an IMG file from fastboot...

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda app-developers app

Well the Instructions say to flash so I dunno. Just try it. What's the worst that could happen :p

Sent from my myTouch 4G using xda app-developers app

anitgandhi

Oct 8, 2011
@coderzs if you get a chance, could you update this to 2.6? I normally wouldn't ask this sort of thing but having encrypted backups is cool! And of course bug fixes :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.​

Phone look:

LF0LSFscn2s.jpg

CHANGELOG for 2.5.0.0+:
    Code:
    Special Note: If you are running a custom theme, you will likely need to remove that theme before updating to 2.5.0.0 as your custom theme will likely not be compatible with the new changes!

-Added scrollable partition lists for mount, backup, restore, wipe, and storage selection
    -Add new SliderValue GUI element for selecting brightness and screen timeout (thanks to Tassadar)
    -Re-work AOSP and TWRP code to improve license compatibility between GPL and Apache
    -Added official theme for 1080x1920 portrait devices (HTC One m7, HTC DNA, HTC Butterfly, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z, etc)
    -Fixed a problem with directory permissions on split archive backups (backups usually restored with no app data)
    -Fixed a problem with md5 verification of backups
    -Added a search function to libtar (thanks to kokotas)
    -Improve handling of XML errors (fix permissions)
    -Fixed handling of subpartitions
    -Improvements to recovery.fstab flags
    -Fixed a problem with decryption not being able to locate the decryption key in some situations

Downloads
    Recovery - 07.04.15

My favorite theme for this recovery

How to install:
    Go to recovery and flash :good:

How to install themes:
    Download theme.zip and rename it to ui.zip
    On SD card open the TWRP folder and create a new folder titled "theme" (case sensitive)
    Copy ui.zip to the theme folder
    Reboot phone in TWRP and enjoy!
    Bump. Updated to 2.8.5.0
    @coderzs, I noticed your Twitter said that you updated this, any chance you can post that? Thanks!

Tomorrow ;)

Sent from my myTouch 4G using xda premium
    @coderzs if you get a chance, could you update this to 2.6? I normally wouldn't ask this sort of thing but having encrypted backups is cool! And of course bug fixes :p

Yes.

follow me http://twitter.com/ffreak