NFC not working

Search This thread

shurensly95

Oct 6, 2011
Hey guys i checked threads and didnt find a solution did find some threads talking about it but no good answers.
Problem is i have a z1 and a z ultra whenever i try to send them both any file from my note 3 or s4 the sony phones open up play store.
I did some research to check what was missing and i came out on: com.sec.android.directshare well i has.an idea what that is but could not find any apk which contains that. I bought SuperBeam thinking that would fix it but nope. Anyone has the missing file for me?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I've never used NFC, but could it be the "ShareApplication.apk" (system/app) that is responsible for this? Have you deleted any system apps/files?

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I have no idea. I don't even know if it works on mine :p I guess you'll have to wait until someone else sees this thread.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Still thanks for answering, btw i managed to get it work by extracting it from the note 3 the app called direct share manager and put it in system/app.. Incase someone else gets same problem.

Huh, can't find it on mine either, which is incredible strange. Sony couldn't have forgotten to add an important service like this one, could they?

Could you upload it here, so people could easily get it if they need it?

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
Thinking about it I had problems receiving a file from another Xperia (cant remember what model), just did nothing, but NFC tag reading worked fine.

I hace received files from a Nexus 5 now that I'm on 4.4.x

JackHanAnLG

Apr 12, 2012
Southend
I had this exact problem when I had a galaxy s3 and a friend who has a xperia s

Samsung make it that you cant use NFC with anything but Samsung devices

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have no idea. I don't even know if it works on mine :p I guess you'll have to wait until someone else sees this thread.

Still thanks for answering, btw i managed to get it work by extracting it from the note 3 the app called direct share manager and put it in system/app.. Incase someone else gets same problem.