[ROM] Vibrant AOSPish FroYo 1.0 - JPM Based - *10/22/2010*

Search This thread

DonutYankee

Jun 27, 2008
New York
RAM availability is odd. With 512 MB of RAM on this phone, from reading some stuff on these forums I gathered that Eclair could only see 320 MB and FroYo would be needed to see the full 512 MB. These early FroYo builds still seem lacking in RAM.

squidbutt

May 30, 2008
suffolk
been runnin it for a few hours now and i would have to say battery is better than fusion
which suprises me i use my phone heavily and this is my favorite rom so far
thanks man you did it and ya did it well just fix gps and we will be cookin with greese!:D

geoffcorey

Apr 24, 2010
That's becauseits not a release kernel, it's a custom kernel which may not map everything properly for the vibrant.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

djeddieone

Aug 24, 2010
Los Angeles
www.djeddieone.com
flashed this last night heres my feedback

Everything works perfect except gps no biggie & youtube i couldnt update it to 2.2
My only question is if i will be able to update to the official froyo once it comes out

Kryptyx

Jan 25, 2009
Haptic on Home button is a JPM issue. Will see what happens when they make a new kernel. I just do the front side of things lol.

I'm running Eugene's JPM release and noticed with the latest update haptic feedback did not work, when I was in recovery I wiped my delvik and installed the froyo recovery, when the phone came back up haptic was working again. I think the froyo recovery has a patch for the haptic in it.

crxforya

Apr 27, 2010
RIC,VA
ok so i got this rom running, but now i cant get it to mount to cpu. Keeps trying to connect to Kies. I tried turning on the usb debugg but its still not working. This would be a huge help so that I can put items on the sd card from my puter.

fossiltkm

Feb 5, 2007
Baltimore
Hmmm, don't know what could have gone wrong, but after flashing the rom with the froyo recovery, I no longer have root and can't boot into recovery via clockwork. Any help would be highly appreciated.

btw, coming from BionixFusion 1.1

fiso010

Jul 5, 2010
I have an issue with the market , when I download any thing just start downloading & after 4 sec downloading disappear from notification bar , I can't download. Anything from the market
Any one has this problem ???

maydaysos

Oct 29, 2007
hey great work on the rom. i was wondering if anybody else is getting "Warning Camera failed" when trying to switch from camera mode to video record mode?
The camera app opens fine, and takes picture. However when i click the button to switch and record video the camera fails.

I have had this same problem with eugenes rom.
please help?

deeoh1084

Dec 21, 2009
can't wait till the gps is fixed!!! i shall switch to this froyo rom from bionix as soon as the gps is fixed nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

coachmai

Jun 28, 2007
Hmmm, don't know what could have gone wrong, but after flashing the rom with the froyo recovery, I no longer have root and can't boot into recovery via clockwork. Any help would be highly appreciated.

btw, coming from BionixFusion 1.1

root is still there. use /system/bin/su. there are a few posts about it in the other froyo thread