[Q] If I have aleady flashed a rom, do I still need to wipe data to flash back to it?

Search This thread

di14

Jan 24, 2012
I'm currently on CM9, if I flash to MIUIv4 and I want to switch back, do I have to wipe data and caches again? And if so, I can just restore a Nandroid after flashing it right?

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Make a nandroid of cm9, then wipe data, cache, and dalvik and try miuiv4... its best if you clear data for less errors. But if you don't like it then restore the nandroid... that's it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Reactions: di14

di14

Jan 24, 2012
I didnt like it, so I flashed CM9, flashed the latest gapps (i redownloaded both today) and then i went to restore and it said MD5 match failed! and from Rom Manager it said MD5 file not found. Is there anything I can do? Or am I starting over again:(

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I didnt like it, so I flashed CM9, flashed the latest gapps (i redownloaded both today) and then i went to restore and it said MD5 match failed! and from Rom Manager it said MD5 file not found. Is there anything I can do? Or am I starting over again:(

Did you try and rename the backup before restoring? If so that's what did it. You can reflash cm9 again and then advance restore the data... I think if not then yes you'll have to start over.

di14

Jan 24, 2012
no, I never renamed it. Hm that's weird I wonder why it's not working. Well thanks for your help!

di14

Jan 24, 2012
I booted into recovery to make it. And, I followed these from another part of XDA to restore my md5 files from the terminal steps:

adb shell
# cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2010-06-29.20.22.53
# rm nandroid.md5
# md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

Then when I went to restore the md5 check worked fine, but it said error when restoring my /android_secure, and when I rebooted, the phone is stuck on the CM9 boot animation. I think that's called a boot loop but I'm not sure? Either way, I've tried restarting it and it's still gets stuck on the boot animation. I am able to go into recovery. I feel that I am semi-bricked? I'm not sure. Anyway, HELP!

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
I booted into recovery to make it. And, I followed these from another part of XDA to restore my md5 files from the terminal steps:

adb shell
# rm nandroid.md5

Then when I went to restore the md5 check worked fine, but it said error when restoring my /android_secure, and when I rebooted, the phone is stuck on the CM9 boot animation. I think that's called a boot loop but I'm not sure? Either way, I've tried restarting it and it's still gets stuck on the boot animation. I am able to go into recovery. I feel that I am semi-bricked? I'm not sure. Anyway, HELP!

Lol no if you can get into recovery your fine... just reflash cm9 wiping everything... you'll just have to start fresh.

di14

Jan 24, 2012
Thanks, I'm starting fresh! Now I just hope any future backups I make are not corrupted like this one, I just don't see why/how it happened.

ÜBER™

Recognized Themer
Nov 9, 2011
Texas
Thanks, I'm starting fresh! Now I just hope any future backups I make are not corrupted like this one, I just don't see why/how it happened.

Don't understand either... first time I've seen them get corrupted.. but everything is possible.

csmasn

Sep 17, 2011
Corrupts backups can be sd card faults. Is your sd card full? Happen once with a Evo 4g.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make a nandroid of cm9, then wipe data, cache, and dalvik and try miuiv4... its best if you clear data for less errors. But if you don't like it then restore the nandroid... that's it.

Did you try and rename the backup before restoring? If so that's what did it. You can reflash cm9 again and then advance restore the data... I think if not then yes you'll have to start over.

adb shell
    # rm nandroid.md5

Lol no if you can get into recovery your fine... just reflash cm9 wiping everything... you'll just have to start fresh.

Don't understand either... first time I've seen them get corrupted.. but everything is possible.