GEAR 2 Neo anyone?

Search This thread

NZCloud

Apr 21, 2010
Palmerston North
Whos using a Neo with thier Note and what are its short falls? there's heaps of video reviews around but no user reviews...real use of day to day.

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
I have a gear Fit, but was considering getting a Neo as well. The Fit is pretty functional, but I'm wondering how well people like talking from the Neo as well.

sniickers

Oct 31, 2013
Macon
Samsung Galaxy Tab S
I have the gear 2 neo connected to my note 3. All I can say is quite a few apps don't install. A lot of bugs people are having with random things not happening. There is next to none support and overall modification of the system is minimum. I would wait till it gets better or the devs figure out how to load android.

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:48 AM ----------

Also the sound production is very well far as talking to and hearing people. The speaker is sufficiently loud enough in most places you would have a general face to face conversation.

parusia

Nov 19, 2010
Houston
I got the neo and is working fine with my now 3 as well. No hiccups or complaints from me. A lot of people don't like the new operating system (tizen), but so far no problems for me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

tujitsu56

Jun 3, 2013
Rochester
Notifications are Great!

I really like the Gear Neo w/my Note 3. As mentioned though, it will get better once more support is there. I think they finally got root for it, but not able to install android on the Tizen watch yet. I just want Google Now instead of Svoice on it really. And offline voice recognition would be nice.

Previously, I was using it as a fitness tracker (heart rate and calorie tracking), but I stopped because I can get a fair guess at my calories. It was doing well, but would occasionally stop during my workout. I played around on a treadmill at the gym and the heart rate numbers matched pretty well, so it seems pretty accurate.

It looks great, I like watches, and the notifications/calling/texting allow me to pull out my phone less.

scooters29

Jun 15, 2012
Edinburgh
I've got a gear one and use the talk function and s voice for text all the time. Especially handy if you have the Zerolemon brick! I tend not to use the smart apps. Is the wake shake better with the gear 2?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I've got the Neo, I do like it MUCH better than the Gear 1, but as everyone points out apps are limited. As an android dev I can tell you the SDK and tools for developing ar extremely limited and unreliable, which is probably why we are not seeing high adoption. Samsung seemed to go out of the way to alienate the existing developer base.

w4rmk

Jul 8, 2003
I have the Neo for about a week and so far it's pretty good. This is my first Samsung gear watch and it's a little disappointing to see that Samsung hasn't come very far in their 2nd iteration. I had an Amazon gift card to pay for it but I wouldn't buy it for $199. My biggest issue has been the annoyance of having to push the button to see the time. I am spoiled by my Pebble which has an always on display and twice the battery life. Overall I think the Pebble is a better implementation of a smart connected watch.

parusia

Nov 19, 2010
Houston
I have the Neo for about a week and so far it's pretty good. This is my first Samsung gear watch and it's a little disappointing to see that Samsung hasn't come very far in their 2nd iteration. I had an Amazon gift card to pay for it but I wouldn't buy it for $199. My biggest issue has been the annoyance of having to push the button to see the time. I am spoiled by my Pebble which has an always on display and twice the battery life. Overall I think the Pebble is a better implementation of a smart connected watch.

You don't have to push the button to see the time, you can go to settings, display, wake up gesture and set it up to on, and your watch will turn on every time you move your arm closest to your face or towards you.

w4rmk

Jul 8, 2003
You don't have to push the button to see the time, you can go to settings, display, wake up gesture and set it up to on, and your watch will turn on every time you move your arm closest to your face or towards you.

I had that feature turned on for a few days and it bugged me because it would light up the display at times when I wasn't wanting to see it. Many times during normal movement it interprets the wrist motion as wanting to see the watch when that is not the case. It really went nuts when I was playing golf! Not a great implementation.

flipq88

Aug 11, 2011
I had that feature turned on for a few days and it bugged me because it would light up the display at times when I wasn't wanting to see it. Many times during normal movement it interprets the wrist motion as wanting to see the watch when that is not the case. It really went nuts when I was playing golf! Not a great implementation.

Yeah it does go a little crazy when I'm at work. But I decided to keep it on because I found pressing the home button every time I wanted to see the time more annoying than the screen turning on at random times. Still get a good 3 days with it on.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk