[Q] Real Racing 3 asset download.

Search This thread

shikhar623

Feb 18, 2013
Nba
I have downloaded Real Racing 3 game on my Asus Zenfone 4.
I downloaded the 42MB app from playstore. After launching the game it asked to download 3245MB of more data. While it was being downloaded the progress showed only 99MB had been downloaded whereas in Data Usage I saw that the actual data that the RR3 had downloaded using WIFi was nearly 1.1GB.
Why is such a huge difference between the two. Also I observed that the data was getting downloaded at a very slow speed. It took hours for it to download just 325MB OF THE DATA. Whereas when I download any data(movie or software)it downloads 400MB in less than a Hour at around 80KBps.
Can anyone solve this mystery?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-22-23-09-09.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-22-23-09-09.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 1,599
  • Screenshot_2014-08-22-23-08-45.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-08-22-23-08-45.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 885

Balanand

Sep 3, 2015
Same problem on iPad

I am also experiencing the very same problem on my iPad3.
Its very nasty problem and ruins the whole gaming experience.
I think that some ghost process runs along with the main game process with elevated priority, which is consuming all of the bandwidth.
Someone with advanced router/access point configuration can better explain this erratic behavior.

Sky Walker

Mar 23, 2015
Having Same Problem !

I downloaded the Real Racing 3 on my iPad 2 a few days ago from the App Store.. The size was 855MB..
I thought , it consisted of everything , but no ! It requires additional of around 1GB data to download the "Assets" !
For sizes like less than 20MB its ok.. atleast the download is visible ! (can see progress and output).
But for sizes above 20MB, it barely happens..... my router is showing maximum speed for that process..., I check the bandwidth history, data is used like how it was used..., but nothing gets downloaded.... I have to sit like hours to download a 22-23 MB asset..... The rate is like I download 1 asset in 3 days !!! The good thing here is that my internet connection is unlimited...
One thing which can probably solve this problem is high speed networks... like maybe Mobile Networks, because;
I was left with about 120MB mobile data and had to finish it on the same day as it was expiring the next morning..
So using tethering hotspot of my mobile, I tried to download the Assests..
Surprise ! I downloaded about 4 Assests in just less than 5 mins !! All assests were like 20MB-25MB !
Please help if there is any other good solution !

NLEMCHI GODSON

Oct 3, 2017
My real racing 3 game installed in iphone 4 ios7 keep asking for all asset download.I have downloaded it severally but it keeps on asking after some days of its download