HTC One M8 firmware collection for different CID/MID | 4.16.401.10

Search This thread

andreglud

Oct 25, 2013
Kastrup

Before I flashed it, I just wanted to check if I was already running the same version.. but when using fastboot getvar all, "version-main" doesn't show up anything.. howcome?
NL34qZ6.png

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Before I flashed it, I just wanted to check if I was already running the same version.. but when using fastboot getvar all, "version-main" doesn't show up anything.. howcome?
NL34qZ6.png

You are.
You can tell from the baseband version that you are running 4.16.401.10.
Your recovery is what is causing version-main (and OS in hboot if you check) is blank. Update your recovery. The next time you flash firmware, the version will be shown.

covert7

Jan 21, 2011
Well after multiple hours spent today trying to update the firmware on this phone I'm finally to the point where I need help it seems.

I have an ATT M8 and it is S-ON. I had been running an earlier version of Revolution but decided to bite the bullet and try and update. I followed the instructions in the lead post (relock the bootloader, etc..) but I'm just not getting something right.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the correct firmware version from Mike's site ( the 502 variant) but I must be missing something. I'd really appreciate some advise.

After I flash the firmware.zip file (which gives me an OK), I proceed to try and install TWRP for the recovery. That also indicates it goes ok, but the phone never boots into Recovery. I've tried different recovery versions (even the stock one Mike lists). Nothing.

Got any ideas?

Last edited:

mrrocketdog

Oct 27, 2013
Well after multiple hours spent today trying to update the firmware on this phone I'm finally to the point where I need help it seems.

I have an ATT M8 and it is S-ON. I had been running an earlier version of Revolution but decided to bite the bullet and try and update. I followed the instructions in the lead post (relock the bootloader, etc..) but I'm just not getting something right.

I'm pretty sure I downloaded the correct firmware version from Mike's site ( the 502 variant) but I must be missing something. I'd really appreciate some advise.

After I flash the firmware.zip file (which gives me an OK), I proceed to try and install TWRP for the recovery. That also indicates it goes ok, but the phone never boots into Recovery. I've tried different recovery versions (even the stock one Mike lists). Nothing.

Got any ideas?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/78imgk7t5xs4zwr/MR.TWRP.2.8.6-5-20-15.0P6BIMG.zip?dl=0
if you rename to 0P6BIMG.zip and can place on your externalSD , you can flash in Hboot. sorry , thats all i got though. good luck.

"all i can really do , is stay out of my own way and let the will of heaven be done"

Reactions: xunholyx

xunholyx

Recognized Contributor
Dec 3, 2012
Vancouver
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 7 Pro

Got any ideas?

Dude. Your hboot/bootloader is 3.16. You have original firmware from a year ago. Your version-main (firmware version) is blank because your recovery is out of date.
Run the AT&T RUU from the official HTC download site.
Link here.
Scroll down to Manual Update, and read the instructions. The download for the RUU is at the end of them.
Back up anything important to you, because this will wipe everything.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

covert7

Jan 21, 2011
Dude. Your hboot/bootloader is 3.16. You have original firmware from a year ago. Your version-main (firmware version) is blank because your recovery is out of date.
Run the AT&T RUU from the official HTC download site.
Link here.
Scroll down to Manual Update, and read the instructions. The download for the RUU is at the end of them.
Back up anything important to you, because this will wipe everything.

Heh, I already tried this one as well! Now keep in mind the phone is already wiped (due to relocking bootloader) so I'm not worried about losing anything. But when I follow this path the HTC software attempts to connect/detect the device and ends up failing.

At this time, there is no ROM (stock or custom) on the phone. I'm not even sure a recovery is on there either to be honest. That's why I've been stuck trying to get a Recovery flashed on here to no avail. Basically my steps have been as follows:

1) Flash Firmware (requires relocking bootloader)
2) Flash Recovery (after unlocking bootloader)

I feel that if I could just get a Recovery (been attempting TWRP and Stock) on here then I"d be able to move on to the final step of getting a ROM on there. It's just so crazy because when I flash the Recovery image file I get an "OK" message and the phone attempts to reboot into Recovery but it just sits on that screen and never proceeds. Super weird.

Anyway, I appreciate the feedback Xunholyx. Any other ideas or thoughts are much appreciated!

covert7

Jan 21, 2011
Ok, I have a good ending to this tale of weirdness.

So after multiple days of trying various drivers, RUU files, etc I finally got this crazy thing working again. All I did was try it on a different computer. That's it. I even copied over the exact same files from the previous computer to my 2nd one and it worked right off the bat.

Just goes to show you even if you're getting successful confirmation messages when doing the ADB thing but it doesn't work, try a different computer.

Isn't technology just wonderful??? :p

Antagonist42

Feb 5, 2012
Bolton
Ok, I have a good ending to this tale of weirdness.

So after multiple days of trying various drivers, RUU files, etc I finally got this crazy thing working again. All I did was try it on a different computer. That's it. I even copied over the exact same files from the previous computer to my 2nd one and it worked right off the bat.

Just goes to show you even if you're getting successful confirmation messages when doing the ADB thing but it doesn't work, try a different computer.

Isn't technology just wonderful??? :p

I'm guessing you're using M$ Windows? After any flashing of twice or more, windows gets file errors because it's using temporary/cached files, these don't show up until your phone won't reboot/boot into recovery and also give you bad data in a rom..... if you've flashed twice, renew all the files or even just reboot your pc/laptop ;)

Sent from my B1-730HD using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: mrrocketdog

DTHC

Sep 28, 2009
Hello people . I haven't been posting long time already , and wasn't that much in Android in last few months.I need a little help and assistance if it is possible.Let me explain. Yesterday i bought a used HTC One M8 32gb model , i wasn't investigating and reading that much and the phone was well managed so it didn't show anywhere that it was a Sprint Edition(651) ,it came with stock preroted 4.4.2 room. S-OFF,SuperCID , and a locked 3.16.0.0.0.0 bootloader. After reading i have decided this morning to try to update it to latest stock version thruogh RUU file for (1540 version) , counting that SuperCID will allow it and that after i will be able to root it , but it got stuck.After messing arround whole morning i suceded to make it work by updating to 651.14 version of Sprint RUU, going through rebootRUU procedure, i have lost root but it is not a problem , and i didn't have time to look after for it because phone doesn't load the network untill it asks for puting it on global mode........ That hasn't appeared when i bought the phone , restored it to factory setting's and set it up with my account. It keep't S-OFF as well as unlocked bootloader.Phone is excelent , only thing that mind's me is that,plus no 3g-HSPA (P.S. Vietnam doesn't have covered 4g). PLease if anyone who knows what could i maybe do and give some addvice, would it be vise to try to flash a diferent (international) firmware and after through fastboot oem rebootRUU to flash a coresponding room? Thanks in front.

kkaranjkar

Aug 19, 2012
Mumbai
You are.
You can tell from the baseband version that you are running 4.16.401.10.
Your recovery is what is causing version-main (and OS in hboot if you check) is blank. Update your recovery. The next time you flash firmware, the version will be shown.
Version is 4.16.401.10 and s-off is enabled and I have a super cid (bootloader is locked, not rooted, stock recovery) will I get OTA updates in future???? Pls help thank in advance

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

joikep

Apr 15, 2013
Valladolid
Update firmware for CID HTC__332

Hello and greetings to everyone.
I'm posting this to those who have a Latinamerican model with an outdated bootloader such as mine:
(bootloader) version-main: 1.12.600.20
(bootloader) modelid: 0P6B16000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__332
and want to upgrade to Lollipop I highly recommend you read this thread: http://xdaforums.com/htc-one-m8/help/tutorial-how-to-stock-stock-twrp-t3086860/page18 and hope it is of help.:)

TogoFire

Aug 24, 2011
BR
Flashed the fw on my AT&T version, then flashed ARHD in the bootloader it told me my radio was an invalid version..and baseband was "unkown" and IMEI was unknown. When I flashed back the AT&T radio the invalid version message on the bootloader went away but still have "unknown" listed in settings under baseband..

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it?

Edit: When I run fastboot getvar all my IMEI is there but baseband is listed as N/A. It's just showing in Android as unknown..

Edit2: got it fixed by reflashing the fw

I am with this same problem.
You do managed to solve?

Last edited:

beaups

Senior Recognized Developer
Nov 28, 2007
Dublin, OH
@Mike1986

Please fix this in your instructions here and in other ARHD/firmware threads:

"Do I need to have locked, unlocked or relocked bootloader to be able to flash firmware.zip?
Your bootloader needs to be relocked."

s-off devices do NOT need to have bootloaders relocked to flash firmwares, this causes quite a few support issues.

Thanks

--beaups

Saikat.mondol1

Oct 19, 2013
Khulna
Hello guys. Is there a Signed x.xx.401.x Sense Android Marshmallows Ruu? My phone is S-ON and I've tried to flash one which gave Error 12, am looking for a signed Ruu. Thank you

Georgebucataru

Dec 8, 2012
Bacau
HI , CAN SOMEONE HELP ME ? I THINK I SENT ANOTHER FIRMWARE , I DIDN'T KNOW ,

MY HBOOT IS 3.16.0.0000
Radio- 1.16.2133156.UA15G
OpenDSP-v38.2.2-00542-M8974.0311
OS- HERE IS BLANK
eMMC-BOOT 2048MG
May 12 2014 , 14:26:08:00
CIG HTC__102

i got the phone from Germany , its factory unlocked , i can't find any firmware i know that my CIG is HTC__102 , I found out via fastboot.

thanks , i appriciate!

saviola123

Dec 31, 2014
Bani Suwayf
Realme 3 Pro
I have a converted M8 to GPE. How can I flash the latest Sense firmware?
Please give me a guide or demo the steps for it so I can do it.
I'm not a noob but I'm not experienced also, so consider this if you're gonna help me.
Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

sep2.png

This thread is a placeholder for all possible firmwares we can get from official HTC OTA's.
    Your CID number must be exactly the same. If it's written "HTC__001" it means you can't flash it, if your CID is "02__001". The whole text must match!

Please READ this small F.A.Q. before continuing!

What is firmware.zip?
    Firmware.zip is a part of each OTA update from HTC. It contains important part of the firmware like radio, bootloader, recovery, kernel etc..

Why it's important to flash firmware.zip and when should I flash it?
    It is recommended to have flashed latest firmware on your device for best modem performance and system stability. Sometimes it's necessary to have latest bootloader flashed because otherwise your device might not work well with new system update.

Does firmware.zip contains radio?
    Yes, it does contain radio, and for S-ON devices the only method to update radio is to flash latest firmware.zip

Why it's important to flash it before flashing custom ROM?
    Because firmware.zip contains boot.img (ramdisk and kernel) that will replace custom boot.img from any custom ROM you have. That's why you have to flash firmware.zip first, because otherwise boot.img will be overwritten with stock one.
    If you already flashed firmware.zip after flashing custom ROM, just flash this particular custom ROM again.

Does firmware.zip contains recovery?
    Yes, it does contain recovery image, that's why after flashing firmware.zip you will have to flash custom recovery again, to be able to flash custom ROM afterwards.

Can I flash this firmware.zip on any HTC One?
    Not if your device is S-ON. To be able to flash it on S-ON device, your modelid (example: PN0710000) and cidnum (example: HTC__001) must match the firmware.zip version you are about to flash.

If my modelid or cidnum doesn't match, can I brick my device if I try to flash firmware.zip anyway?
    As long as your device is S-ON flashing firmware.zip with non matching modelid or cidnum will result in error and nothing will be flashed, so there is no risk of brick.

Do I need to have locked, unlocked or relocked bootloader to be able to flash firmware.zip?
    Your bootloader needs to be relocked.

If I can't flash newest firmware.zip because of wrong modeid (MID) or cidnum (CID) does it mean I can't use custom ROM based on the latest HTC update?
    In most cases you should be able to run any custom ROM as long as hboot update is not mandatory.

What if there is no firmware.zip for my MID/CID?
    Try to find latest OTA update for your original stock ROM and send it to me. I will post firmware.zip here.

Downloads.png

How to flash?
    (bootloader needs to be relocked)
    1. If you are S-ON ---> Re-lock your bootloader (this will most probably wipe content of your device)
    2. If you are S-OFF ---> no need to re-lock the bootloader.
    3. Copy downloaded .zip to fastboot.exe location (e.g. c:/SDK/platform-tools/fastboot.exe)
    4. Re-name .zip file to firmware.zip
    5. Open command prompt
    6. Boot your device in fastboot mode (vol down + power ===> fastboot)
    7. Connect device to the PC
    8. In command prompt cd to fastboot.exe location
    9. Make sure you have correct modeid and cidnum (type: fastboot getvar all)
    10. Type: fastboot oem lock (if your device is not relocked yet or in case it's S-ON)
    11. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
    12. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    13. Sometimes flashing for the first time doesn't work, so flash firmware.zip again just to make sure.
    14. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete
    15. Type: fastboot reboot
    16. Unlock your bootloader and flash custom recovery if you are going to use custom ROM.

RUUs variants:
    Click here
    Just got my M8 today, managed to grab the 1.54.401.5 OTA zip. Thought I'd post the firmware zip here

1.54.401.5 firmware

Code:
    HBOOT 3.16.0.0000
    RADIO 1.15.2133156.UA13G
    OS 1.54.401.5
    3.28.401.6 fimware added.
    4.16.401.10 added to the collection :)
    For continuity, here's the 1.54.401.10 FW package as well...

https://www.hightail.com/download/ZUczc0w1MHdFc0lLSk5Vag