[APP] Windows Phone 7 like notifications (experimental)

Search This thread

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
Hello! Here's an experimental application I've been working on as a side project. I'm not sure whether or not I'll continue it, but I thought I'd share what I have so far.

This application will display the Windows Phone 7 style notification using the top bar on the top coming down and displaying the notification. The current application you are using will be paused until you either ignore or view the notification.

To view the notification, click on the blue bar.
To ignore the notification, double-tap anywhere that is NOT the blue bar (grayed out screen).

Here's an example:

BEFORE:
wp7n2.png

AFTER:
wp7n1.png

To use it, simply install the CAB file below. Then run it from the start menu, and keep it running in the background.
Also, disable any "Display message on screen" options for your current notifications.

Currently the only supported notifications are New Email and New SMS.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2J8OfYfcP7Y
Download: http://windowsphonehacker.com/wp7_notifications_on_wm_6.5_ca85f.php

Last edited:

orlandojumpoff

Sep 6, 2007
to be honest the splash screen ruins it; i hope that's just because it's an early version. It also didn't distinguish between email and text when i tested... still said text when i got a new email. nice idea though... future version should auto-start with winmo imo.

zer0es

Feb 9, 2009
If u add in the support for misscall as well, it would be perfect already :D
very nice app tho

Jaxbot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 14, 2009
windowsphonehacker.com
to be honest the splash screen ruins it; i hope that's just because it's an early version. It also didn't distinguish between email and text when i tested... still said text when i got a new email. nice idea though... future version should auto-start with winmo imo.

It can auto-start with Winmo if you add a shortcut to your startup folder. And also, the splash screen is only there because it's not set to hide as soon as it runs. I'll see about removing it in later versions.

Also, I'm not sure about the text/email issue, I'll look into it.

-What other notifications should be added? Missed call is a good one I suppose, but what should it link to?

teorouge

Jul 29, 2008
Trento
It can auto-start with Winmo if you add a shortcut to your startup folder. And also, the splash screen is only there because it's not set to hide as soon as it runs. I'll see about removing it in later versions.

Also, I'm not sure about the text/email issue, I'll look into it.

-What other notifications should be added? Missed call is a good one I suppose, but what should it link to?

Missed calls Sense tab! ;)

lbhocky19

Feb 18, 2007
in your video demo what did you do to make your conversations look like that with bubbles and all?

jpen

Apr 28, 2009
I have an omnia 2 i920 and i think it works great...only problem i see is with s2u2...when its locked and i get a text it slowly comes over the s2u2 lock screen and doesnt display the message unless i double click the screen

Top Liked Posts