[Q] Stuck at Logo, Why?

Search This thread

ElizS

May 25, 2014
Good evening, kind folks! Found this forum after searching until my eyes bleed for some help online. A noob I am, but would buy a six-pack and be Forever Grateful for someone to help this old lady out!

Own a used TF201 Prime. Not experienced with Android, other than using my tablet over 2 years. Things have been great, no probs.

Plugged it in to recharge this afternoon, came back about 3 hours later and found my kitty sitting on the tablet (which was on the table). The tablet was very warm. I unplugged & put it on our tile floor (cold because of A/Conditioning) to cool off. Once cool it was still stuck at the browser screen I must have been looking at when I plugged it in to charge.

So I tried to reboot by using PWR + VOLDwn buttons but... it's getting no further than the ASUS screen with the spinning circle in the middle below "ASUS." Am so confused by things I saw here tonight already on this forum; I have no idea what to try or to do.

Can anyone help me out??

ElizS

May 25, 2014
Which Way to Go First?

Am hoping Someone will take pity on this 60-yr-old lady and help!

I see all over the forums where there's overheating problems when charging. Don't know if this is what happened or not.

Am not afraid to try some things myself before I call Asus. Would love to resolve this on my own, and Learn Something!

Can anyone give me some direction??

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA

I see all over the forums where there's overheating problems when charging. Don't know if this is what happened or not.

Am not afraid to try some things myself before I call Asus. Would love to resolve this on my own, and Learn Something!

I am here to save the day :D

Let me read over your issue

Thx Josh

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Ok, lets start with a little more info....

Is the bootloader unlocked?

Thx Josh

Last edited:
Reactions: ElizS

ElizS

May 25, 2014
THANK YOU

Thx Josh

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Thx Josh

Thank you, thank you for responding.

No, it's stock all the way.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Thank you, thank you for responding.

No, it's stock all the way.

Ok, If you cant get to the bootloader screen, there is not much that can be done..

You can try the reset button about 3 or 4 cm down from your sd card there is a pin hole...

Push this while stuck in bootloop..

Let me know thx Josh

ElizS

May 25, 2014
No Luck

Ok, If you cant get to the bootloader screen, there is not much that can be done..

You can try the reset button about 3 or 4 cm down from your sd card there is a pin hole...

Push this while stuck in bootloop..

Let me know thx Josh

Used a paper clip, pushed into the hold while the logo was spinning.

It started over again, with ASUS in the center and the NVIDIA logo in the bottom right. But nothing beyond that this time

My previous problem was one step beyond, the 'spinning logo' had appeared and was stuck there... This doesn't look good, does it? THANK YOU!

ElizS

May 25, 2014
And Again

Used a paper clip, pushed into the hold while the logo was spinning.

It started over again, with ASUS in the center and the NVIDIA logo in the bottom right. But nothing beyond that this time

My previous problem was one step beyond, the 'spinning logo' had appeared and was stuck there... This doesn't look good, does it? THANK YOU!

OK, tried the paperclip in the hole again... Prime restarted, and is now stuck at the familiar ASUS logo in middle of the screen with the spinner below it... darn it!

ElizS

May 25, 2014
3 of 4 Icons Give Me Same Results

And with power & vol down you cant get to the bootloader screen, the screen with the icons on it?

I can get to the bootloader screen. Selecting the first icon leaves me a dead android with a red triangle.

Selecting the android guy (cold boot) icon gives me the ASUS screen with the spinning logo

Selecting wipe data gives me "booting recovery kernal image signature match", then an upright android guy with spinning insides that defaults to the ASUS logo w/NVIDIA in bottom corner, then ASUS screen with the spinning logo

??? Thanks for your time! :D

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
I can get to the bootloader screen. Selecting the first icon leaves me a dead android with a red triangle.

Selecting the android guy (cold boot) icon gives me the ASUS screen with the spinning logo

Selecting wipe data gives me "booting recovery kernal image signature match", then an upright android guy with spinning insides that defaults to the ASUS logo w/NVIDIA in bottom corner, then ASUS screen with the spinning logo

??? Thanks for your time! :D

O you can get to the bootloader screen...

There is hope... Let me find that forum....

Thx Josh

EDIT----

http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...irmware-tf700-tf300-tf101-possibly-tf201.html

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with..

Last edited:

ElizS

May 25, 2014
Into Somewhat Unknown Territory Now!

O you can get to the bootloader screen...

There is hope... Let me find that forum....

Thx Josh

EDIT----

http://www.transformerforums.com/fo...irmware-tf700-tf300-tf101-possibly-tf201.html

Let me know if there is anything I can help you with..

Have to get my hands on a MicroSD card and I'll give it a try. One problem, cannot see the Settings (of course) to obtain the SKU number. Can you advise?

You've been a great help so far, thanks!

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Have to get my hands on a MicroSD card and I'll give it a try. One problem, cannot see the Settings (of course) to obtain the SKU number. Can you advise?

Yes on your bootloader screen the one with the 4 icons, if you move the green box off RCK then it will not boot android...

Then you can look in the upper left corner, in really small type it will tell you the SKU

Thx Josh

Reactions: ElizS

ElizS

May 25, 2014
Yes on your bootloader screen the one with the 4 icons, if you move the green box off RCK then it will not boot android...

Then you can look in the upper left corner, in really small type it will tell you the SKU

Thx Josh

Aha! I'll check, and will post back (probably a day or two) what results I get. Cannot thank you enough to get me to this point... A little hand-holding goes a Long Way.

ghiotom

May 27, 2014
Aha! I'll check, and will post back (probably a day or two) what results I get. Cannot thank you enough to get me to this point... A little hand-holding goes a Long Way.

I'm in the same boat. Tried to load Asus firmware from microSD card but I've had no success. Did read in another post that the the microSD card has to have a newer version of the firmware so the tablet can recognize it as an update before it will load, but I doubt this is true and, if it is true, it does me no good since I'm already on 4.1.1 with no more updates for the TF201.

boldnuts

Jan 31, 2012
Wetherby
unbrick via these directions (data will be lost!):

1. Download latest firmware from Asus site.
2. Unzip this file once - it contains a zip inside it. Rename this zip to EP201_SDUPDATE.ZIP
3. Copy the file to the root of a FAT32 formatted MicroSD card
4. Turn the tablet off via the power button.
5. Now turn it on holding down the Volume Down button on the tablet
6. In a minute you will be in the recovery screen. Hit volume up.
7. Wait for it to get done. It can take a while.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
unbrick via these directions (data will be lost!):

1. Download latest firmware from Asus site.
2. Unzip this file once - it contains a zip inside it. Rename this zip to EP201_SDUPDATE.ZIP
3. Copy the file to the root of a FAT32 formatted MicroSD card
4. Turn the tablet off via the power button.
5. Now turn it on holding down the Volume Down button on the tablet
6. In a minute you will be in the recovery screen. Hit volume up.
7. Wait for it to get done. It can take a while.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using XDA Premium HD app

WOW... A re-post :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thx Josh

Thx Josh

Thx Josh