[GAME]Retro-style platformer "Bloo Kid" released for Android

Search This thread

Eiswuxe

Jul 22, 2011
Hi Guys,

I would like to announce the release of my new Android game called "Bloo Kid".

It is a "one-screen" (like Bubble Bobble) jump and run game featuring cute pixelart, a full chiptune soundtrack und 60 levels across five unique worlds with five bossmonsters to defeat.

You control your character with on-screen buttons. The game gets quite challenging, especially if you want to complete all levels with a 3-star rating.Unfortunately, I don't have a trailer video yet, so the screens must suffice for now. The game is free. It shows some advertising, but not during normal gameplay, just in the menus.

I would be glad to hear some opinions on the game!

Here's the link in the market
https://market.android.com/details?id=de.eiswuxe.blookid

Or just search "Bloo Kid" in the market

Trailer

Screenshots

screen480x320_1.png

screen480x320_2.png

screen480x320_3.png

screen480x320_4.png

screen480x320_5.png

screen480x320_6.png

Last edited:

fluxgfx

Jun 1, 2011
Ottawa
www.cryovex.com
Good game! I'm having a BLAST with this retry ARCADE game!

I just have ONE suggestion, for users that have a phone with a keyboard it would be nice to get an option menu to configure the keys!

But nonetheless AWESOME!

hexen2006

Jul 5, 2011
Monterrey
Xperia Play support

Thanks Eiswuxe,

it is a great game... I'm having fun trying to beat it,:p I have a Xperia Play... and it will be AWESOME to be able to turn off the touchpad keys, and map them to the physical keys on the PLAY...;)

Can you please help all us Xperia Play owners.:D

THANKS

Eiswuxe

Jul 22, 2011
Thank you guys for your feedback! I am glad you like the game.

@hexen2006
@fluxgfx
I will definitely include keyboard-input in one of the next updates, as soon as I figured it out :) This feature was on the todo list from the beginning on, since it is way cooler to play a game with keyboard when it's available. But I had no time to implement it yet.

Eiswuxe

Jul 22, 2011
I just released an update with the following fixes / changes:
- game gets paused when suspended by incoming phonecall
- tutorial signs are only shown on first play of level
- touch tutorial signs to read them

Have fun playing!

Reactions: jillora and vap_66

Eiswuxe

Jul 22, 2011
I received some reports from users running Honeycomb 3.1 that they are not able to play the game. I am currently looking into this and will keep you updated as soon as a new version is out :)

dyuhas1

Nov 16, 2010
Anyone get past 3-3? I can't jump on two of the shooting plant things. Awesome game by the way. Great time killer at work.

Sent from my Htcclay's SuperCM7 G2 using XDA App

hexen2006

Jul 5, 2011
Monterrey
There's also something funny going on with the market application, everytime I got in the market via wi-fi, apps show me there is an update available ( its happening daily) is there something Im missing???, the are no new comments on the update section, and release version is still the same... That's odd ...
Anyway, Looking forward to the key mapping update :) wishing for a xperia PLAY Optimized :D

Thanks

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

Eiswuxe

Jul 22, 2011
@hexen2006
Hmm very strange indeed. I uploaded an update to fix a volume-control bug and filled out the "recent changes" page. I did not change the version number though since it was just a minor update.

I also released the trailer, so check it out:

Last edited:

Eiswuxe

Jul 22, 2011
There is an update available for Bloo Kid.
The game now runs on tablet pcs and other android devices with honeycomb 3.x, like the Galaxy Tab, Asus Transformer, Motorola Xoom etc.

Dont be irritated that the version is still 1.0

Please give it a try if the game did not run before and check if it runs now. Would be nice if you could report back :)

Last edited:

BlackOtaku

Dec 18, 2009
Runs great on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, this is a great game! :D

The only thing missing IMO is Wii Remote support, it would make the game even more of a joy to play.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,

I would like to announce the release of my new Android game called "Bloo Kid".

It is a "one-screen" (like Bubble Bobble) jump and run game featuring cute pixelart, a full chiptune soundtrack und 60 levels across five unique worlds with five bossmonsters to defeat.

You control your character with on-screen buttons. The game gets quite challenging, especially if you want to complete all levels with a 3-star rating.Unfortunately, I don't have a trailer video yet, so the screens must suffice for now. The game is free. It shows some advertising, but not during normal gameplay, just in the menus.

I would be glad to hear some opinions on the game!

Here's the link in the market

Or just search "Bloo Kid" in the market

Trailer

Screenshots

screen480x320_1.png

screen480x320_2.png

screen480x320_3.png

screen480x320_4.png

screen480x320_5.png

screen480x320_6.png
    I just released an update with the following fixes / changes: