[CM10.1] [Jellybro] Toroplus Nightly Kangs

Search This thread

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Re: [CM10.1][Jellybro] Toroplus Nightly Kangs

Hello, I'm officially intrigued. Can you expand on this slightly? Toolchains and how they work are system level stuff that unfortunately is a bit over my head at the moment. Though Im trying to dig in and learn a little more. What are toolchains responsible for? I've read on GCC4.7 and Linaro, but what is Krait and where does it come in, and you mentioned v9 and v15? What is the steriotypical 'best' toolchain, or is it specific to the processor architecture? When you say that hopefully we get what we need to use Krait, what is it that we actually need? If you have any resources at the top of your head that could help me learn a little more I would appreciate it. But thanks in advance for elaborating!

::EDIT::
Just noticed you are at 4999 'thanks'. Allow me to push you to 5000 :p

Lol....I wish I could. But heres an article. ...oh Qualcomm chips. ..whats in the GNex? Shoot, whatever they got from it definitely helps N4 and Optimus G but I don't know. ...I think it may be no help to GNex...can someone correct me?

http://androidandme.com/2011/10/new...-expects-to-dominate-android-devices-in-2012/

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Acvice

Rooster85

Dec 28, 2010
Charlotte, NC

So what's the kernel situation? We using 4.2.1 or 4.2.2 kernels?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com

This must be a new thing showing the time left of a download
uteqe5a3.jpg

the.emilio

This must be a new thing showing the time left of a download

One of the changes made in 4.2.2. Read more below!

"First, even though the official changelog for Google's surprise push of Android 4.2.2 hasn't been revealed yet, some kind folks in the Android community have taken it upon themselves to share what they have gleaned in an unofficial compilation. Here's a breakdown of some of it:

- More secured ADB
- Bluetooth audio streaming bugs fix
- Download notification now shows remaining time
- You can toggle WiFi and Bluetooth on/off by long-pressing them in Quick Settings
- Performance enhancements
- New notification sounds (wireless charging and low battery)

Nexus 10 owners report it's running more stable and the random reboot issues are gone. One other interesting "fix" that is part of Android 4.2.2 leads right into our official info from Google. Some users have reported better battery life with the new update. Also, some savvy folks over at AndroidPolice noticed that Google updated the product page for the Nexus 7. They changed the estimated battery life usage from "Up to 8 hours of active use," to "Up to 10 hours of active use." It's not hard to connect the dots on that one. It's amazing what a few software tweaks can do!"

Taken from droidforums.net via Google search. :good:

Reactions: MBQ_ and Anon9mouz

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com

One of the changes made in 4.2.2. Read more below!

"First, even though the official changelog for Google's surprise push of Android 4.2.2 hasn't been revealed yet, some kind folks in the Android community have taken it upon themselves to share what they have gleaned in an unofficial compilation. Here's a breakdown of some of it:

- More secured ADB
- Bluetooth audio streaming bugs fix
- Download notification now shows remaining time
- You can toggle WiFi and Bluetooth on/off by long-pressing them in Quick Settings
- Performance enhancements
- New notification sounds (wireless charging and low battery)

Nexus 10 owners report it's running more stable and the random reboot issues are gone. One other interesting "fix" that is part of Android 4.2.2 leads right into our official info from Google. Some users have reported better battery life with the new update. Also, some savvy folks over at AndroidPolice noticed that Google updated the product page for the Nexus 7. They changed the estimated battery life usage from "Up to 8 hours of active use," to "Up to 10 hours of active use." It's not hard to connect the dots on that one. It's amazing what a few software tweaks can do!"

Taken from droidforums.net via Google search. :good:

Wish we had wireless charging :(

Reactions: MBQ_

the.emilio

Wish we had wireless charging :(

I will gladly trade wireless charging for better battery life lol. Hopefully once all the binaries are available for the toroplus we can experience the full potential of these enhancements.

Edit for update:

Soooo... guess the binaries have been updated. Tried flashing Franco 364 (4.2.1) on the latest nightly and got stuck on the Google screen. Went back to recovery, flashed 365 (4.2.2) and all is good! YAY!!!!

Last edited:

Anon9mouz

Sep 24, 2009
Rineyville, KY
www.facebook.com

I will gladly trade wireless charging for better battery life lol. Hopefully once all the binaries are available for the toroplus we can experience the full potential of these enhancements.

Edit for update:

Soooo... guess the binaries have been updated. Tried flashing Franco 364 (4.2.1) on the latest nightly and got stuck on the Google screen. Went back to recovery, flashed 365 (4.2.2) and all is good! YAY!!!!

Not all just some I think been looking at cm change log I say a few more nighties and it will be but enjoy ur night cheers

Reactions: the.emilio

Top Liked Posts