[Q] Note and csc

Search This thread

teos55

Jan 16, 2014
Hi,

After having changed usb port at the service, they also reload firmware to my note device. When I came home, noticed that Kies does not
recognize the firmware loaded by service.

The details from *#1234# are:

PDA: N7000XXLSZ
PHONE: N7000XXLSO
CSC: N7000OJVLSB
Build info: Thu Feb 14:01:51 KST 2013

From Settings --> about

Android version: 4.1.2
Kernel version 3.0.31-906407
Beaseband: N7000XXLSO
Build number: JZ054K.N7000XXLSZ

I dont remeber the previous frimware details, but it was recognized by Kies and I was able to upgrade if a new frimware arrived.

Further search leaded to incorret CSC and solution given was to type :

*#272*IEMI# and change CSC code for Turkey.

Did not use the last 2 digit which is / 01

But got error msg saying "Unkown application"

How to proceed from this point on ?
How can I change the CSC ?
Does 4.1.2 not allow CSC change ?

Last edited:

teos55

Jan 16, 2014
Thanks for the info, the problem is that, I dont want my phone as rooted. There must be a way withhout root authority.

Why *#272*iemi# does not work in my case ? I'm sure my iemi is correct and not entered the last 2 digit / 01 .

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
That should work.. Try flashing the stock firmware under csc tab. If that does not work then try the normal way..
Flashing stock doesnot increase counter..

Reactions: teos55

teos55

Jan 16, 2014
That should work.. Try flashing the stock firmware under csc tab. If that does not work then try the normal way..

Any recomended settings for ODIN ? Since there is already stock firmware on the phone, do I need a wipe for cache and data ?

nb. It will be the first time with Odin, soory about the questions.

teos55

Jan 16, 2014
Just leave everything default.. No need to wipe.

Going crazy :)))

Downloaded Odin and proper stock code from sammobile.com for my country.

Used Odin to upload my phone with the ( so caled) new code. ( selected PDA for all code ) Everything went poperly. The code updated with success ...
I notice, you said only CSC but I've chosen PDA for all code to be updated. Did not dare to check only CSC, sorry.

Phone rebooted, and I was expecting the problem to be solved.

But:

Kies still says : Your devices current firmwre version is not supported to update firmware via Kies....

Another interesting thing is that, all the applications are there . I thought it should be a clean start w/o any addtl appl. intstalled by me.

Can this be the clue ?

I'm stuck ..
What am I doing wrong ?

nokiamodeln91

Jun 6, 2012
Flashing a JB rom will not wipe anything. It will retain your apps and data.
Check if the csc has changed or not. If not, then it's best to root and use csc changer. Then you can flash the rom again like you did to remove root.

teos55

Jan 16, 2014
Flashing a JB rom will not wipe anything. It will retain your apps and data.
Check if the csc has changed or not. If not, then it's best to root and use csc changer. Then you can flash the rom again like you did to remove root.

The problem with root is, my note is still under warranty, at least for one more year. I also found Framaroot but it also violates warranty.

I think, the best way is to revisit the service dept of Samsung and ask them to reload the proper stock rom .

I didnt want to revisit service, since it takes too much time to get the phone back from them :)

JB does not support *#272*iemi#
The rom I found from sammobile.com for my country somehow not the proper one. pda: xxlsz phone: xxlso csc: JVLSB
Couldnt found what LSB stands for anywhere.
Looking stock rom for Turkey.

So, behave as a nice customer and visit the service dept :) Pitty ...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That code doesnot work since JB.