Lose root after installing busybox

Search This thread

auky

Sep 21, 2009
New York
Hello,

I rooted my 8.9" and lose root after i installed busybox. Right now, i cannot install SU binary. I tried factory reset, unroot, and reroot without any success. Is there a way i can install SU binary manually?

Thanks.

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
It appears that I will have to live with it.

Thanks.

I don't know what or how you did what you did. You won't get many answers without providing specific examples.

I for one have NEVER heard of ANYONE losing root from BusyBox, but everyone I know, including myself, uses BusyBox Pro v. 10.5 currently. Most of the people I know also use SuperSU from Chainfire. Generically saying tha some busybox installation messed with some generic root or SU installation/binary, really does not give anyone much to go on.

You can apply the root exploit again. There is no issue with that, or you can use adb to copy the su binary over, set permissions & ownership & the cp it to the correct directory.

At any rate, there are too many possibilities & possible solutions depending on what you did & how you did it.

auky

Sep 21, 2009
New York
I don't know what or how you did what you did. You won't get many answers without providing specific examples.

I for one have NEVER heard of ANYONE losing root from BusyBox, but everyone I know, including myself, uses BusyBox Pro v. 10.5 currently. Most of the people I know also use SuperSU from Chainfire. Generically saying tha some busybox installation messed with some generic root or SU installation/binary, really does not give anyone much to go on.

You can apply the root exploit again. There is no issue with that, or you can use adb to copy the su binary over, set permissions & ownership & the cp it to the correct directory.

At any rate, there are too many possibilities & possible solutions depending on what you did & how you did it.

Hi GSLEON3,

You have given me hope. Thank you for the respond. I rooted my HDX 8.9 with no issue. Without knowing if I have busybox, I downloaded and installed the attached busybox apk. After that, I lose root. When I open SuperSU, I was asked to install SU binary, but when I click "Normal", the SU binary installation will fail. I tried unrooting and rerooting (with Bin4ry method as well as manual) without any success. Error messages such as "must be SUID to work properly" when I tried unroot and reroot. Guess i lose write ability. I will really appreciate it if you can tell me how to adb to copy SU binary or help me get root back.

Thanks.

Attachments

• stericson.busybox.apk
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: dekefake

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi GSLEON3,

You have given me hope. Thank you for the respond. I rooted my HDX 8.9 with no issue. Without knowing if I have busybox, I downloaded and installed the attached busybox apk. After that, I lose root. When I open SuperSU, I was asked to install SU binary, but when I click "Normal", the SU binary installation will fail. I tried unrooting and rerooting (with Bin4ry method as well as manual) without any success. Error messages such as "must be SUID to work properly" when I tried unroot and reroot. Guess i lose write ability. I will really appreciate it if you can tell me how to adb to copy SU binary or help me get root back.

Thanks.