[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7.0.0]

Search This thread

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Updated OP for Safestrap v3.72 for Bionic

Enjoy

Just put it in, though noticed something odd.

My "daily driver" is CM10.1.2 in slot 1. I have "stock rom" in well, stock ROM.

I just downloaded 3.72 APK, and sideloaded it onto the Targa.

I ran the existing Safestrap and it says "Not installed"?

But I ran the "uninstall" any way, and it worked?!

So I deleted the app from launcher...

Then with filemanager, opened/installed the 3.72 APK, installed with no problems. Then "install recovery".

After that, STILL says "not installed"?

Boots to safestrap no problem. Verified everything is there.

Boot to system, ran Safestrap... It still states: "State: Not installed Safe System: Active"

:confused:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-47-22.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-17-23-47-22.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 129

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
To update SS properly you have to first like you did boot into stock and uninstall recovery through the current SS APP. Then go into app settings clear both data and cache then uninstall app. Reboot device to ensure that SS is cleared out, the SS splash screen shouldn't display. Then install new SS app and grant SU permissions and install new recovery. I also delete both SS and TWRP folders on internal storage. Keep backups on external always.

$3π+ £®m€ ×X× ®∆z® |/|@xX Π¶ oπ $ø|/|£ťhïñğ ¢ű$ț¤|/|

Reactions: kschang

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA

raylgo

Nov 19, 2010
Something funky is going on with my Bionic... I went from a fresh FXZ of the latest release of JB and installed the latest in Safestrap 3.72 but every time I try to create a ROM slot there would be an error message saying Unable to to mount "/sdcard' . How do I force it to mount? Wouldn't do it from the mount screen... Can't restore my backup because of that...

Eiht

Feb 19, 2013
Something funky is going on with my Bionic... I went from a fresh FXZ of the latest release of JB and installed the latest in Safestrap 3.72 but every time I try to create a ROM slot there would be an error message saying Unable to to mount "/sdcard' . How do I force it to mount? Wouldn't do it from the mount screen... Can't restore my backup because of that...

I'd make sure your SD is showing up in Stock rom and or reseat it. I've had my card go missing when nothing new happened and I hadn't even had the phone open. If it's not that then I'm not sure because everything automatically shows up for me in SS without mounting manually.

Sent from my Bionic

raylgo

Nov 19, 2010
I'd make sure your SD is showing up in Stock rom and or reseat it. I've had my card go missing when nothing new happened and I hadn't even had the phone open. If it's not that then I'm not sure because everything automatically shows up for me in SS without mounting manually.

Sent from my Bionic

But the sdcard is the internal card... its sdcard1 that is the external card that can be reseated... =c and the external card shows up just fine.

Eiht

Feb 19, 2013
But the sdcard is the internal card... its sdcard1 that is the external card that can be reseated... =c and the external card shows up just fine.

Oh I get you, I misread what you were saying. Maybe something went wrong with the fxz.

Sent from my Bionic

raylgo

Nov 19, 2010
I'll try the FXZ again in the morning... Hopefully this isnt a hardware thing since there is no way to fix this phone in my country :( If it wont get fixed, then there is no hope of using the GSM hack and the device will become a paperweight with no resell value. Will have to move on...

Eiht

Feb 19, 2013
I'll try the FXZ again in the morning... Hopefully this isnt a hardware thing since there is no way to fix this phone in my country :( If it wont get fixed, then there is no hope of using the GSM hack and the device will become a paperweight with no resell value. Will have to move on...

Also does the stock slot work properly and show both internal and external cards?

Sent from my Bionic

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Don't bother FXZing. Just boot into stock and format internal SD. The FXZ writes that partition with unreadable data. -- More specifically it writes a zero length file to the partition, which is an invalid filesystem structure.

Reactions: raylgo and Eiht

raylgo

Nov 19, 2010
Don't bother FXZing. Just boot into stock and format internal SD. The FXZ writes that partition with unreadable data. -- More specifically it writes a zero length file to the partition, which is an invalid filesystem structure.

From where do I perform the internal SD card format? I don't see it in the settings menu...

NVM I found it under security settings ^_^ works like a charm. Now on to flashing SlimKat

Last edited:

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
Thanks. Smashed my old Bionic screen, just rooted my replacement (with the VirtualBox root) and installed 3.73 and created two slots, one for Slimkat and one for something else (probably CM11).

splatoid

Mar 13, 2011
Vancouver
Ok First off I just want to thank Hashcode for this great recovery. Next I just wanted to ask for some input on what I have done and how to proceed from this point. I Flashed Safestrap 3.73 and the flashed the slimkat rom. Everything went great and this rom is running very smooth without any errors that I can see so far. What I did is before I flashed the new Rom I made a backup of the stock rom. I believe its on the internal sdcard. Then I flashed my new Rom. I really didn't pay attention and flashed the new rom over the original so now the slimkat is considered the stock rom.
This is fine with me because the stock rom sucks anyway but when I wiped everything I don't have the Safestrap app in my app drawer anymore but it still is installed and working. How can I get the app back. Should I just reinstall it or will that cause me some problems. Sorry for being so long winded. thanks for all the work you continue to do.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Me Again
How do you go about flashing a rom into a specific slot?
Thanks

kschang

Dec 11, 2010
San Francisco, CA
You need to 'activate' the specific slot (create it if you haven't already) then simply restore or install into that. The top should say "currently active: rom-slot1" or something like that.

If you did make a backup, it's on your SD somewhere, could be internal or external.

Reactions: splatoid

splatoid

Mar 13, 2011
Vancouver
Thanks I found it on the internal. I did create it just haven't installed to it yet. S I'll be able to boot from either right?

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
Might just be me, but has anyone had any issue with CM11 from 5/18/2014 not installing due to SELinux security failures causing the zip to not be able to open? 5/17 CM is just fine. Might be something with the way the build bot packages zips.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SAFESTRAP v3.73 (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)

ATTENTION: I will be stopping official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014. For more information please see:
    https://plus.google.com/111109372727398356624/posts/AtoJ3xLj35b

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

Download the APK Installer:
    Mirror 1: Goo.im
    Mirror 2: Crackflasher
    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap
    [ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the "Targa" version ]

NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
    • Key/button vibration in recovery and MANY more 2.7.0.0 updates
    • Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.
    • SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
    • and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

DEVICE SPECIFIC SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [05/15] (3.73) Bugfix for dual SD card UMS mounting and pull in TWRP changes
    • [04/14] (3.72) Mostly other device updates
    • [01/15] (3.71) Code cleanup
    • [01/15] (3.71) Minor hijack updates
    • [12/18] (3.70) Mount cleanup during hijack / debugging output
    • [12/18] (3.70) Splashscreen: Instant stock boot key (needs to be set for Moto OMAP4's still)
    • [11/13] (3.65) recovery init.rc cleanup
    • [11/13] (3.65) fix updater build for cm 10.1 and 10.2
    • [09/20] (3.60) Better handling for virtual images > 2gb
    • [09/20] (3.60) Much improved block device handling
    • [09/20] (3.60) Bugfix in script translation
    • [09/20] (3.60) hijack / init.rc tweaks
    • [09/20] (3.60) update to TWRP 2.6.3.0 base recovery
    • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed mass_storage in recovery (via Mount menu)
    • [09/06] (3.53) Added Webtop to partition backup list (optional)
    • [09/06] (3.53) New virtual systems created will be 640mb (got reset 600mb)
    • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed file selector when changing from internal to external storage (previously location wouldn't update)
    • [09/05] (3.52) added "Reboot to Recovery" in APK
    • [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
    • [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)
    • [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
    • [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
    • [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
    • [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 2.2.2.1): TWRP changelog for reference
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
    • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
    • [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
    • [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 2.2.2.1 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
    • [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
    • [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
    • [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
    • [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
    • [10/14] Charging in recovery
    • [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
    • The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always, let me know what you think!

SCREENSHOTS (showing slightly older TWRP base)
    OP updated for Safestrap v3.11:

Download the APK Installer Here for "BIONIC, RAZR/MAXX and DROID 4"
    md5sum: 546060f221487ed35cc2f023c7e5d0f1
    [ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]

CHANGES:
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    Updated OP for Safestrap v3.72 for Bionic

Enjoy
    New version of Safestrap in the OP.

VERY NEW VERSION OF SAFESTRAP WITH A LOT OF NEW CODE -- IT COULD CONTAIN BUGS WHICH WOULD NEED A FASTBOOT PROCESS TO RECOVER FROM. BE WARNED.

BUG WARNING: Screen will blank out while building a new ROM-slot. Device won't respond to power button till the slot is done building. So be patient.

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

** I have more features planned, but I really wanted to get this updated release out. **

SAFESTRAP 3.50 for Targa based on TWRP 2.6.1.0

Download the APK Installer
    md5sum: a45be93c2cc3457bd5116d7ed1145b2a

NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
    • Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.* Also, when the screen blanks while building a new ROM-slot, you can't wake it up till it's done. I'll fix that in the next version.
    • SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
    • and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
    • [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *PROBABLY WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
    • [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
    • [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 2.2.2.1): TWRP changelog for reference
    UPDATED OP with a Bugfix version of Safestrap 3.51:

Download the APK Installer
    md5sum: fb0effa5ef24951a1f9af699a3be6125

** I have more features planned, but I really wanted to get this updated release out. **

SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
    • [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)