[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7.0.0]

Search This thread

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
No. Safestrap only uses the preinstall partition as a 2nd-system for booting. It doesn't do anything w/ the external SD.

I found out the issue. The "USB Storage" in MIUI settings only displays the internal "sdcard" space. It doesn't actually show the external card usage, but the card is mounted and in use. Too bad ES File Explorer force closes.

superbalde

Mar 11, 2010
OK quick question,

I was on an ICS ROM then I went into safe mode and installed Eclipse 2.2. I like Eclipse because it is extremely stable. How do I make this my default ROM? Do I just copy the data.ext3.tar file from the Safe folder to the Orig folder? Or is the other way around? Or is there a smarter/safer way to do what I'm thinking.

Thanks,
balde

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
OK quick question,

I was on an ICS ROM then I went into safe mode and installed Eclipse 2.2. I like Eclipse because it is extremely stable. How do I make this my default ROM? Do I just copy the data.ext3.tar file from the Safe folder to the Orig folder? Or is the other way around? Or is there a smarter/safer way to do what I'm thinking.

Thanks,
balde

When you apply a rom ZIP, it will be installed to either the safe or unsafe partitions, depending on whether or not you have Safestrap enabled or disabled. Are you saying you want to remove the Safestrap setup and flash only Eclipse to your phone? If this is the case, then you'll need to remove Safestrap entirely and use Koush's bootstrapper.

If you just want to install Eclipse to the Unsafe partitions, instead of the Safe partitions where it is now....why?

superbalde

Mar 11, 2010
When you apply a rom ZIP, it will be installed to either the safe or unsafe partitions, depending on whether or not you have Safestrap enabled or disabled. Are you saying you want to remove the Safestrap setup and flash only Eclipse to your phone? If this is the case, then you'll need to remove Safestrap entirely and use Koush's bootstrapper.

If you just want to install Eclipse to the Unsafe partitions, instead of the Safe partitions where it is now....why?

Thank you for your quick reply rick. I'd like to put eclipse onto the safe partition as I'd like to try newer ICS ROMs when they come out and have eclipse always around as my backup since the dev for that ROM has said he will not be making any new versions. I might be asking the question incorrectly. Let me restate it.

I'd like to keep Eclipse as my main go to ROM but would like to be able to test out newer ROMs as they show up. What would be the best way to do that if I already have Eclipse loaded (switched to safe mode and then installed Eclipse)?

Thank you again,
balde

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
I gotcha, that makes sense. You want to use Eclipse as your daily driver in place of the stock ROM, and use the "Safe" partition (normally used for community ROMs) as a test area. You should be able to disabled Safe, wipe, and flash. If you want to be completely certain, wait for someone more familiar to answer. The way I understand it, however, is you can enable or disable Safe and then flash as normal. In this case you'd disable Safe (to point everything at the default partitions), wipe, and flash.

superbalde

Mar 11, 2010
I gotcha, that makes sense. You want to use Eclipse as your daily driver in place of the stock ROM, and use the "Safe" partition (normally used for community ROMs) as a test area. You should be able to disabled Safe, wipe, and flash. If you want to be completely certain, wait for someone more familiar to answer. The way I understand it, however, is you can enable or disable Safe and then flash as normal. In this case you'd disable Safe (to point everything at the default partitions), wipe, and flash.

I think you've got a great idea. I made a backup this morning of the Eclipse ROM set up the way I like it. I wonder if I disabled safe mode and then RESTORED that backup it would put it into the unsafe/orig area.

Again, thank you Rick, you've been a great help. Have a rad day.

rickatnight11

Dec 31, 2010
I think you've got a great idea. I made a backup this morning of the Eclipse ROM set up the way I like it. I wonder if I disabled safe mode and then RESTORED that backup it would put it into the unsafe/orig area.

I think that will work, but you might want to do your research first.

xarejayx

Apr 12, 2008
Bluffton, SC
I think that will work, but you might want to do your research first.

Did it work?

---------- Post added at 01:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

er quoted wrong person,. but did this work?

---------- Post added at 01:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 AM ----------

So, I got a bionic the other day first thin i did was root, install safestrap. toggle safemode. flashed eclipse. awesome everything is working except when i put my phone in usb mass storage mode, i can browse all my data on my sdcard i just cant write to it, i get the error that the disk is full. but its not there are 4gbs free? Did i do something wrong?

tadiv

Apr 14, 2011
OK quick question,

Thanks,
balde

I think I'm looking for the same thing - I want Eclipse as my - let's call it "protected" ROM (currently the rooted stock ROM is in the "unsafe" area and is protected) and I want to use newer ROMs in the "unprotected" area (the safe mode area)... I tried moving the .tar files and changing modes and that did not work (I think that not only is there the .tar file, but I think that there is actually 2 portions of memory)... I also tried flashing Eclipse while safe mode was disabled and upon reboot, I got the rooted stock ROM. Anyway, I have not been successful in making this work.

I hope that there is an answer other then removing safestrap, flashing Eclipse, then re-installing safestrap...

Does anyone have this answer?

Thanks,
Tom

Obsidian_soul

Jan 23, 2012
Highland, NY
Just downloaded and got it up and running. If I understand correctly none of my v2 back ups are usable and can be deleted.

Sent from my XT875 using xda app-developers app

Obsidian_soul

Jan 23, 2012
Highland, NY
The recovery works great, love the touch screen functionality. Was able to install without any problems. I am however having trouble using the virtual slots. It seems that when I create one slot it deletes the other one. I am a noob when it comes TWRP so it might be something I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my BNTV250A using xda app-developers app

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
The recovery works great, love the touch screen functionality. Was able to install without any problems. I am however having trouble using the virtual slots. It seems that when I create one slot it deletes the other one. I am a noob when it comes TWRP so it might be something I'm doing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sent from my BNTV250A using xda app-developers app

What sort of error are you seeing when you create a 2nd rom-slot and then go to the 1st rom-slot?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: lovethecode

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SAFESTRAP v3.73 (2nd-System Bootstrap / Recovery)

ATTENTION: I will be stopping official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014. For more information please see:
    https://plus.google.com/111109372727398356624/posts/AtoJ3xLj35b

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

Download the APK Installer:
    Mirror 1: Goo.im
    Mirror 2: Crackflasher
    FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap
    [ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the "Targa" version ]

NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
    • Key/button vibration in recovery and MANY more 2.7.0.0 updates
    • Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.
    • SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
    • and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

DEVICE SPECIFIC SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [05/15] (3.73) Bugfix for dual SD card UMS mounting and pull in TWRP changes
    • [04/14] (3.72) Mostly other device updates
    • [01/15] (3.71) Code cleanup
    • [01/15] (3.71) Minor hijack updates
    • [12/18] (3.70) Mount cleanup during hijack / debugging output
    • [12/18] (3.70) Splashscreen: Instant stock boot key (needs to be set for Moto OMAP4's still)
    • [11/13] (3.65) recovery init.rc cleanup
    • [11/13] (3.65) fix updater build for cm 10.1 and 10.2
    • [09/20] (3.60) Better handling for virtual images > 2gb
    • [09/20] (3.60) Much improved block device handling
    • [09/20] (3.60) Bugfix in script translation
    • [09/20] (3.60) hijack / init.rc tweaks
    • [09/20] (3.60) update to TWRP 2.6.3.0 base recovery
    • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed mass_storage in recovery (via Mount menu)
    • [09/06] (3.53) Added Webtop to partition backup list (optional)
    • [09/06] (3.53) New virtual systems created will be 640mb (got reset 600mb)
    • [09/06] (3.53) Fixed file selector when changing from internal to external storage (previously location wouldn't update)
    • [09/05] (3.52) added "Reboot to Recovery" in APK
    • [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
    • [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)
    • [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
    • [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
    • [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
    • [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 2.2.2.1): TWRP changelog for reference
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
    • [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
    • [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
    • [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 2.2.2.1 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
    • [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
    • [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
    • [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
    • [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
    • [10/14] Charging in recovery
    • [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS

Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.

SPECIAL THANKS TO:

• The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
    • The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always, let me know what you think!

SCREENSHOTS (showing slightly older TWRP base)
    OP updated for Safestrap v3.11:

Download the APK Installer Here for "BIONIC, RAZR/MAXX and DROID 4"
    md5sum: 546060f221487ed35cc2f023c7e5d0f1
    [ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the BIONIC/RAZR/DROID4 VERSION ]

CHANGES:
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    Updated OP for Safestrap v3.72 for Bionic

Enjoy
    New version of Safestrap in the OP.

VERY NEW VERSION OF SAFESTRAP WITH A LOT OF NEW CODE -- IT COULD CONTAIN BUGS WHICH WOULD NEED A FASTBOOT PROCESS TO RECOVER FROM. BE WARNED.

BUG WARNING: Screen will blank out while building a new ROM-slot. Device won't respond to power button till the slot is done building. So be patient.

** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **

** I have more features planned, but I really wanted to get this updated release out. **

SAFESTRAP 3.50 for Targa based on TWRP 2.6.1.0

Download the APK Installer
    md5sum: a45be93c2cc3457bd5116d7ed1145b2a

NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
    • Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.* Also, when the screen blanks while building a new ROM-slot, you can't wake it up till it's done. I'll fix that in the next version.
    • SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
    • and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2

SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
    • [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *PROBABLY WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
    • [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
    • [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
    • [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 2.2.2.1): TWRP changelog for reference
    UPDATED OP with a Bugfix version of Safestrap 3.51:

Download the APK Installer
    md5sum: fb0effa5ef24951a1f9af699a3be6125

** I have more features planned, but I really wanted to get this updated release out. **

SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
    • [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
    • [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)