[ROM] TF101 Rooted Stock 9.2.1.17 + bootloader + modded recovery US and WW

Search This thread

gil80

Nov 14, 2010
Sydney
Samsung Galaxy S23 Plus
Hi. I need your help guys.

I've just flashed the US version from CWM. I already had this CWM version installed:
recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.8-tf101-repack.zip

I've flashed the US version but it got stuck after 100% android upgrade process.

I've rebooted into CWM and noticed I got the old CWM by roach.
I flashed recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.1.8-tf101-repack.zip again and wiped data.

Did I do alright?

Did it updated the bootloader and now I'm allowed to flash custom roms?

Thanks

alberteske

Jan 7, 2008
Barcelona
Last edited:

dark79

Apr 3, 2008
I've tried most of the other ROMs but I always come back to stock. Not sure why. Maybe it's because all the launcher alternatives aren't very good for tablet mode.

The biggest drawback is not being able to stream my 1080p MKVs while on stock which AOKP and Megatron can do with only their stock kernels.

I've tried flashing Guevor's kernel, but the settings won't stick (tried CPU Master and SetCPU). If anyone has any suggestions on getting 1080p MKVs to stream well, (I'm using Plex) please let me know. Because I'm totally digging this ROM. :D

EDIT: Settings stick with No-Frills but still can't stream 1080p MKVs with Plex smoothly. Switched back to AOKP temporarily until I can get this sorted out.

Last edited:

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
Install a zip file from Dock SDcard

May be this help in case of Recovery Looping... May be...

How install a zip file from Dock SDcard?

I tested this and work:

Tested on Rogue XM v1.3.0 Recovery. This recovery have internal and external store but can have also install from Dock SDcard. And backup rom to / Restore rom from...

I put on a SDcard on /download/stock_kernel.zip to flash this kernel on Megatrom Rom and put it on the dock.
On Rogue recovery:
- Mount and Storage
- Mount USB OTG drive at /SDcard
- Chose ZIP file from SDcard (after Mount this is the Dock Sdcard)
- Here I have /download/Stock_Kernel.zip (of Dock)
- Touch to start the flash and ok, ok, ok
I had a Guevor kernel on Megatron, now I have a stock kernel.

Work well

There also on this Recovery a option to flash from Dock USB mass storage, FAT only:

- Mount as USB storage (USB Mass Storage mode)

I don't test this because I havn't a fat disk.

srvduplex

Nov 3, 2007
No more power up after flashing.

Hi there,

I did flash my us TF101, thru the recovery and went to install completed fine.

Then restart, and nothing...

the TF101 is not starting anymore.

Can someone help me with a good idea to restart my tf101 at least on recovery mode then I could get in with adb.

Thank you your help.

regards,

Mangraa

May 13, 2010
Slow as hell?

I flashed this, install went smoothly, but I noticed that things seemed _really_ slow. Installed Cool Tool to monitor everything, and the CPU would just spike to 100%, both cores, at seemingly random intervals. Same with or without dock, pre and post-installing apps, and after giving it a couple hours to finish doing anything it wanted to do.

Anyone else notice a dramatic, or at least noticeable, slowness with this ROM or was it just me?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a full rom for stock(ish) 9.2.1.17 and includes the following:

9.2.1.17 US bootloader and kernel/boot.img
    modded recovery based on Roach's 3.2.0.1
    Superuser
    su binary
    busybox
    adb enabled, ro.secure=0 (if you previously disabled adb, it will remain disabled, unless you wipe data)

The updater script will also clear cache and dalvik cache.
    Plus, if you flash now, it will also fix the cwm recovery bootloops by writing zeros to the first 80 bytes of /misc (/dev/block/mmcblk0p3)
    I was lazy and the progress bar in recovery does not udpate- it is a full rom so it does take a while to flash.

This is pretty close to a rooted stock experience. It isn't for everyone, but I think some will find it useful. I thought this would help out people who get in in a pickle by flashing various roms and ending up with unbootable systems, or people who tried a few other roms and want to return to a more stock experience. I think a custom recovery is safer with a rooted rom so that flashing via recovery is still available. This should still receive OTA updates, but they will probably fail to flash because the build.prop file is different (ro.secure=0 and adb). This rom will flash in situations where doaist's CWM friendly updates will not. As a matter of fact, this rom will probably flash on any version of cwm/custom recovery that can read it.

The recovery is modded- it is based on Roach's 3.2.0.1 and only sees the external sd card. I used Roach's ramdisk, but used the the inits, fstab, and ueventd files from the stock recovery. This recovery will seem identical, but you can look at the default.prop to see the difference. In future versions, I might change the version number in case there is any confusion.

NOTE and WARNINGS:

This is for the TF101 US only. The fingerprint checks are removed from the updater-script so it is up to you to know what you are flashing. (Don't flash this on your phone! and if you do, don't say a word and act like your phone is still working.)

This will overwrite your recovery. You can flash it back to something else after a reboot.

This will overwrite your bootloader/EBT. This might have unintended consequences so flash at your own risk. The stock OTA updates the bootloader, so this is why I included it here.

Flash at your own risk. I am not responsible for any damages or consequences.
    ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF PURPOSE, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, ARE DISCLAIMED.

Please thank Kuromera for hosting the files on a speedy server and check out the other files hosted there. See his thread here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1549055

Download from here!

US version
    ics_92117_stock_EBT_SOS.zip
    MD5(ics_92117_stock_EBT_SOS.zip)= 201eae30cbeb00687d5cc69c14469027

WW version
    ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip
    MD5(ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip)= 1c8b1aea6d27643f70891b363ff5fa36

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.p...+(TF101)/ROMS/Stock+Roms+by+gee+one/With+Root
    edit: OK, WW version should work now

ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip
    MD5(ics_92117_WW_stock_EBT_SOS.zip)= 1c8b1aea6d27643f70891b363ff5fa36
    Yes, they both update the bootloader and recovery. The recovery is based on Roach's 3.2.0.1. You can flash a different recovery after a reboot if you want to change it.

The stock recovery is too limiting with a rooted rom- it's practically useless actually since it won't always restore if changes have been made.
    I'm very interested in a WW version of your update!!

Anything Ican do to help, just tell me, and I will try. But i might need a little guidingalong the way :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
    Updating bootloader really means what in practical terms? I am intending to flash this but this bootloader stuff makes me wonder...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Thanks.
    About recovery I understand is ease to flash a newest.

And about bootloader, what change? I can continue to flash custom roms and new kernels?

Obrigado

The bootloader gets updated with the OTA so I left it in to stay with the rooted stock experience. The bootloader I included is the one asus includes with their update. I'm not sure if other roms will be expecting older bootloaders. I think most nvflash versions use the oldest bootloader still, and I don't know if this will cause any issues. I don't foresee issues with other roms and kernels, although I did notice I had to wipe data completely to get some of the aosp roms to boot.

As I said, this is directed to someone who wants root and a more stock rom. You can edit system to debloat (and reinstall if you take too much out :) )

sent from my cyanogen(mod) vision