[ROM][JB+][DEV] CM10.1 ALPHA3 Android 4.2.1 for Legend [DEC 16]

Search This thread

hujilu

Nov 15, 2008
hey zeubea,

as I can see you like drinking beer - how much does one Estrella costs at yours (or any other prefered beer)? So I can donate you your next drink.

thanks a lot for your effort, bringing android experience to our good ol' Legend

szpecu

Feb 21, 2008
hey, is there a reason my touchscreen isnt working when installing this rom?
i got it changed, the old one broke.

opher50

Nov 28, 2010
hey, is there a reason my touchscreen isnt working when installing this rom?
i got it changed, the old one broke.

same prob here... trying to restore old rom and re-flash from zero :(

ok... flashed the cm10.0 one works well for now, hope someone will find a sollution :)

Last edited:

QuestnLegend

Mar 1, 2012
If anyone is looking for a quick fix to get the headphone jack working there's an app in the market called SoundAbout. Change the app setting, Media audio to Wired Headset.

Last edited:
Reactions: urbient and sentvid

LiViD

Aug 27, 2010
Smithers, BC
This is another one of those HTC devices that just won't die. Hard to believe that my first Android phone gets a CM 10.1 update. I'm tempted to pull it out of the mothballs to see how well this ROM works on it.

digitalux

Oct 4, 2007
Just installed this on my HTC Legend and it is beautiful :)

Is there still work done on this after Alpha3? At the moment I see the WIFI Hotspot and WIFI detect are not working.

Love the work done on this image !!

QuestnLegend

Mar 1, 2012
The developer has not been posting any status update since december, so I guess he is no longer working on any legend ROM.

Too bad...:crying:

Work is still taking place on Github. Don't cry, be patient. Figures released this week says over 50% of mobile users are still using Gingerbread and 14% Ice-cream sandwich. So thanks to Zeubea's extremely generous efforts, the Legend is kicking ass. CM10.1 Android 4.2.1 is only brand new, months old, and a lot of porting is required....

Last edited:
Reactions: frankofono

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
Through repeated testing, I've modified and developed various scripts which on my phone have this ROM performing very smoothly. Of all the scripts and tweaks, I find this set in their current form, to be producing the best results for my phone.

You will need busybox installed from the play store
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stericson.busybox&hl=en

Then flash this file through clockwork recovery.
http://www.mediafire.com/?6g9ok48369u446v

Sorry I didn't have time to do an undo file so... make sure you back-up before flashing, and as always I'm not responsible for any issues. Flashing will modify the build.prop and could cause boot loops (if something happens to go wrong). In which case, roll-back to your saved back-up.

If everything works, you will see performance increases in: Internet upload/download speeds; Scrolling and screen response; Application opening and closing; SD speed; Cache management, including maintaining maximum application install space; and available RAM.

Hope it helps.....;)

Does this also works with CM9 ??

Hellisonearth

Dec 29, 2010
Work is still taking place on Github. Don't cry, be patient.
Where exactly is there still ongoing work on github? zeubeas last contributions were all on December 29. And I am not talking about CM10+ here, but also about CM9 where your arguments do not apply.

Searching for "HTC Legend" I can only find things older then 2 months, if you have a link to proof that someone is still uploading new files, please share it. Thanks in advance!

afby

Sep 4, 2010
Nice works !! Rocks with "Possible tweaks scripts" ! :)

Where is zeubea ? An update plz :p

Z

Zpik

please compile for the mytouch 3g slide also, you forgot us. Can anyone compile for us?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod10.1 (JellyBean) UNOFFICIAL Android 4.2.1 based port for HTC Legend

screenshot2012120817540.png
    screenshot2012120506162.png

DISCLAIMER: This is a rom intended for somehow devs and enthusiasts, in very early development stage and only for testing purposes.
    FEATURES

Working:
    - GSM,
    - Wifi (need to add ssid by hand),
    - Audio,
    - HW accel,
    - Multitouch,
    - Rotator,
    - Lights,
    - Sensors,
    - Vibration,
    - Charging,
    - Buttons,
    - sdcard,
    - USB Mass Storage,
    - adb,
    - root,
    - gapps,
    - LQ Videos,
    - Bluetooth,
    - Camera.

Not Working:
    - HQ Videos,
    - Multiuser mode.
    DOWNLOAD & INSTALL

MEDIAFIRE: cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA3-legend.zip [UPDATED DEC 16]
    MD5SUM: 97e55881a75b2c26a2ff3237ca140d00

Donate Paypal
    All donations are welcomed; if you desire it, you can invite me to a beer

Thanks very much to everyone, your contrib does possible I spend more time on this project !!
    ISSUES

Only for testing purposes.

For install, as usual. Here it's preferred formating of /system, /boot, /data and /cache. Install gapps for 4.2.1 at link bellow.

Wifi (need to add ssid by hand).

GSM bar strength indicator shows a single bar.

Camera "JB" has not got panoramic, altough Camera 4.2 has got panoramic but shows glitches sometimes.

LINKS

Gapps:
    - light armv6 gapps for jb 4.2.1 : MEDIAFIRE: gapps-jb-4.2.1-light-20121130-signed.zip

CHANGELOG

Code:
    ALPHA3  Dec 16  2012
    - Bluetooth,
    - Camera (no native camcording).

ALPHA2  Dec 14  2012
    - Wifi (need to add ssid by hand)
    - GSM, 
    - Merged with cm-10.1 (new 4.2.1 features!).MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?978rbdt7344js6b"]cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA2-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED DEC 14]
    MD5SUM: 16a8f4fea82675efef2dfc8e1de72624

ALPHA1  Dec 8  2012
    - Initial release (Thanks to WaylandAce for patches from Galaxy ace).MEDIAFIRE: [URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?1b6ips3r5k95cpn"]cm-10.1.0-RC0-UNOFFICIAL-ALPHA1-legend.zip[/URL] [UPDATED DEC 8]
    MD5SUM: f5b19aed3a8347f5298427aff188729a
    THANKS TO

google, cyanogenmod, qualcomm, xda-developers forums
    All contributors to this thread in any way.
    Aria thread: munjeni , winsuk, s0be
    modpunk, droste
    rapmv78
    evervolv
    cofface and devil
    Ganster41
    WaylandAce

And thanks to donators, too :)
    ALPHA2 Dec 14 2012
    - Wifi (need to add ssid by hand)
    - GSM,
    - Merged with cm-10.1 (new 4.2.1 features!).
    ALPHA3 Dec 16 2012
    - Bluetooth,
    - Camera (no native camcording).
    AOSPE -- Press Release [stage 1]

Hello everyone!
    Have news for you.

We're glad to tell you, that the first part of development is done. Now we have 2/3 parts left, and after finishing of every part we will post news about it. You will see some screenshots and descriptions of functionality, but don't count to see everything before the release.

We have finally done Settings and Launcher. These were a main parts of development. However, there's still a lot of work for us to do, so you will have to wait for a while.

Now, about the functional. We have changed a lot of things. Of course there will be some improvements and changes, but you read about the basic functions in the list below.

1. Lockscreen
    It looks just simple and has AOSP style. There won't be any advanced lockscreen settings cause it supports widgets since Android 4.2.

2. Setup wizard
    You will see it on the first startup. This simple wizard presents basic functions and allows you to set basic functions. You will see it for yourself after release.

3. Settings
    There were a lot of changes. It has some features from CyanogenMod and some other ROMs with some changes. Now you can simply slide from the left to appear the list of settings. And all the advanced settings, such as performance, system settings, dev settings and superuser are hidden by default. You won't see them if you don't need them.

Of course, these changes are not everything we did. Everything else will be published later, when the release date will be closer.
    oibd.jpg

Full silze Image: http://u.to/YgurBA

More information.
    Google+https://plus.google.com/103852385558714696159/posts

Regards, OWL Team.​
    This is great - thanks zeubea. I was actually looking into JB for my SGS2 - but found this, so thought I'd crank up the Legend and play. Looks promising. Only problem I've found so far is that web browsing is really slow, and the links on a page aren't clickable until the page completely finishes loading - which can mean quite a wait.

I just stop loading and then links are available.

Browsing is slow if compared with SGS2, yes, but not much more than froyo. For a Q1 2010 device I think it is a great deal browsing with Android 4.2.1.:laugh: