$25 reward to fix my phone. Problems for over 45 days.

Search This thread

ancola66

Oct 16, 2007
Flash ROM To HD2 Device has SPL 2.07.XXXX

* You download the SSPL
* Extract the C drive
* Download the rom you want to up the device (any Cook ROM)
* Note: that the ROM you up for the devece (base rom from 2.07 or hight and no radio in)
*Copy ROM file *.nbh in the folder SSPL
*Connect HD2 with PC
*Waiting for the connection to complete then run SSPL.exe
* After flashing is complete, you need HR
DONE:)

NOTE : While running SSPL can corrupt, You do it again is OK :)

Azzura

Jan 21, 2010
Up rom for SPL 2.07.XXXX

After rescue, your device is in SPL 2.07.XXXX so you can not up rom and radio for the ROM version 1.4X, 1.6x (because now no HSPL to 2.0). However, you can still up the ROM cook which have Version >2.07 by SSPL

* Download the SSPL
* Extract to the C driver
* Download the rom you want to up
* Note that the ROM you want to up have base rom from 2:07 or more and have no radio
* Copy Rom *. nbh file to the folder containing them SSPL
* Battery longer than 50%
* Connect to PC, when the connection is complete, run SSPL Tool (on hd2 screen will be three color with SPL is 1.42.6666)
* Wait a little up the process began as usual rom
* After up rom, HR
* But when you go to the Bootloader parameters remain 2.07.XXXX not 1.42.6666Click >>> Currently you only can up rom by SSPL

When running SSPL Tool may contain errors, keep calm and do it again. It'll be ok. You refer to this detailed guide rom up and download the SSPL tool SSPL:http://www.pdaviet.net/showthread.php?78943-SSPL-by-BEPE-HỖ-TRỢ-UP-ROM-CHO-HD2-(Leo)

........................:D

fards

Inactive Recognized Developer
you can normally flash back to from the spl 2.00 to earlier ones , I did it several times. But as Balane says he doesnt have a standard device, so Its not going to work.

sspl should still work, and I dont think that's anything to do with the hd2 but the drivers on the pc.

when the usb disconnect sound appears unplug and replug the usb back in, and then sspl should start fine.

other than that I don't know how to get the spl cleared.

balane

Nov 30, 2007
OK, I tried the tmous 1.07 rom on the gold card, same as all the others. Sitting on the Loading.... screen. I've been trying all this stuff for weeks now. SPL 2.0 is still on my phone and same radio remains.

So if the techs at HTC received my phone they would have no way to reset it to the way it shipped? They would be as stumped as me? I wonder what they would do to get SPL 2.0 off my phone and upgrade the radio.

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
just thinking out loud but could you run sspl without a rom in the same folder and then run hspl

I wouldnt recommend it until someone more knowledgeable than me can shed any light on whether this would cause any damage

balane

Nov 30, 2007
Without an nbh in the same folder as sspl the application will not get very far.

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
Without an nbh in the same folder as sspl the application will not get very far.

worth chucking an nbh in and removing the usb when the device resets to the tricolour 1.42 spl screen

(just tried it with mine which has hard spl and when i went to flash with sspl and removed the usb my spl shows spl-1.42.6666 xe, 0x05, 0x30. didn't do the device any harm as a quick soft reset and my roms back up and running)

Johnston411

Mar 31, 2007
Kent
might even be worth trying the procedure with a stock leoimg.nbh on your sd card and when sspl resets your device keep volume held down and see if it flashes the sd card image instead of the one on the pc.

that may overwrite the spl allowing to to run hspl after the flash

theredundant

Nov 28, 2008
If installer stucks at bootlader via USB. Maybe try removing the SD-Card (Not sure if this has been suggested) but I used to have this problem with my Xperia and I just removed the sd-card good luck! :D

mwillems2

Dec 29, 2009
Drivers?

One reason why I moved over to HSPL from SSPL is because of the problems with drivers. I could use SSPL once, after that it would have issues like yours. Not get to the black screen and sticking on the tri colour boot loader, or if I put it into manual BL screen then it would go to the black percentage bar and stick at 0.

I had to not only remove active sync (XP) or the win mobile software on Win7 but remove the drivers too, by pluggin in the phone after the software removal and deleting it from the driver list in device manager.

Next step was a reboot, a re- installation of the software (Active sync or whatever) and then reconnect the phone.

Have you ventured down this route yet?

I know this is a reasonably common issue, anyone know why it happens ?

pa49

May 28, 2006
One reason why I moved over to HSPL from SSPL is because of the problems with drivers. I could use SSPL once, after that it would have issues like yours. Not get to the black screen and sticking on the tri colour boot loader, or if I put it into manual BL screen then it would go to the black percentage bar and stick at 0.

I had to not only remove active sync (XP) or the win mobile software on Win7 but remove the drivers too, by pluggin in the phone after the software removal and deleting it from the driver list in device manager.

Next step was a reboot, a re- installation of the software (Active sync or whatever) and then reconnect the phone.

Have you ventured down this route yet?

I know this is a reasonably common issue, anyone know why it happens ?
All that trouble just because the correct USB drivers had been overridden by sspl?
It might well be!
Now it's mentioned I recall a similar situation with my original Touch Diamond going back a couple of years.
Never touched sspl since

BladeKnight

Feb 3, 2010
Cebu
is your phone open line? or locked in? if your phone is openline just try to read the hspl installation but if your phone is lock in, try to search the thread how to open your phone....:cool:

josephgong

Mar 1, 2010
Balance, I got the same problem like yours, can you tell me which ROM you successfully flashed in, thank you!
Yes, I've tried dozens of stock roms from the sdcard, every one I could find in fact and they all hang at the Loading... screen. As stated in the op, I used two different cards both formatted to fat32. I guess I could try a third card, not sure if it's worth a try or not.

I looked at MTTY but that doesn't do a thing with SPL and my SPL is the root of my issues.

Update: I finally did find a ROM I could get flashed via SSPL. It took like 3 tries to get the progress bar going but it did get installed. I can't even recall what series of events got it to go but at least my phone turns on and works.

Still the same SPL and radio though. No change there.

balane

Nov 30, 2007
I put the earliest version of Leo Lite on mine. Took three times but it finally flashed.

Sylpheed

Sep 2, 2007
I had something similar earlier with my HD2, now its's all fixed.

I didn't read all the thread, but i'll just post my thoughts here, hopefully it'll be useful to someone.

Phone hanged whenever i tried to install any of the newer roms (dutty, miri and such) found out that i was missing the radio, so i tried to flash the radio, but it still hanged.

I had to flash from SD card with a stock rom of my region (had to download from official HTC site) - this removes my existing HSPL

after that, had to reinstall HSPL.

Even if you get the "we hacked it" screen, please remember to check that all your future boot up screen has the hspl to double make sure.

after that then only i was above to upgrade my radio, then only i could install dutty / miri or any other roms.

HOpefully this helps someone.

balane

Nov 30, 2007
That's good advice and I would love to try but I have no idea what my oem rom is or where to get it. The phone is a pre-release TMoUS phone that came to me with HSPL and a custom rom already installed. I'm at a loss as to which software was originally installed on it.

B4PJS

May 29, 2007
London
Have you tried just going into bootloader and running hspl a few times? When I flashed the first tmous rom from SD card I had the damn rom flash error and got back to hspl that way.