New update JSS15J.N900VVRUMBMJ7

Search This thread

magneticzero

Jul 29, 2010
Happy Valley
Anyone else get it yet? It is available via Kies.

**As with any update, if you are rooted just wait for a rom since you will probably lose root and high probability it will be locked down like the S4 was.

Last edited:

rogerwalker22

Sep 15, 2008
Tampa, FL
When I hooked up to the computer last night it said there was an update but I didn't do it just in case

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

asianflavor

Oct 15, 2009
Momence
As always, do not take any OTA update if you want to keep root. Wait till the file is taken apart or someone installs to see what this changes.

Brandonrz

Apr 20, 2011
Reno
Does voodoo root keeper still work?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

And considering kingo root app is still fairly new, there is a .1% chance it was patched. But Verizon might have enabled selinux to enforcing, that would ruin safestrap possibilities for awhile. I think I'll test it out and keep you guys updated.

downhillvinnie

May 22, 2013
San Jose
www.facebook.com
Here is the warning that comes up when doing this upgrade

Attachments

• 20131105_123345.jpg
    20131105_123345.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,762

Badabing6

Dec 8, 2010
Does this fix the unstable wifi connection problem?

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

elzeus

Jun 4, 2012
What's that?

AWS LTE Bands. Verizon just enabled it in major markets. It will make the coverage better and faster. Only certain devices have the hardware to take advantage of it. Some devices come with it enabled and others have to have it enabled with a software update.

exaltedgod

Nov 5, 2013
Just ran through the update. And it said there was another update, so far I have updated it twice. Will post back if I see anything. Holding my breath for KNOX to show its face.

ryanbg

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 3, 2008
movr0.com
Just a heads up, it is highly likely that many problems will come from updating. Namely, SELinux is expected to go from Permissive to Enforcing on VZW devices. This will cause issues with future rooting, and issues with SafeStrap.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm about to try to take the OTA again with survival mode on in supersu Pro and stuff still frozen hybrided ill let ya know how it goes

**it errored guess it didnt like the new radio on old software haha

WORKED FOR ME!

Ok..so I'm on root de le Vega.

I have xposed and set the status to official.

Went into the supersu app and enabled survival OTA mode and unchecked 'enable superuser'. Also checked at the very bottom 'enable pro'. (I recommend buying his app just based on him saving me the trouble of re-rooting!)

Downloaded update. Installed itself.

Rebooted successfully.

Went back to supersu and renabled root.

Done!

Hit thanks if this is helpful.
    I tried the update!

My Note 3 is rooted with SS installed and I got brave and performed the update. It is a firmware update. The phone took it fine and rebooted normally with new firmware. I did notice I lost root. So I tried to root it again and it locked up big time. Got a warning screen saying it encountered a firmware software issue....Kies didn't help so I ran it to Best Buy. If you all didn't know, they have a Samsung specific counter with a factory Samsung person, who reflashed it back to stock original. Good to keep in mind if we ever get brave and tweak things on our phone!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Exactly why I didn't take it, anyone else know more about it yet?

I updated it on rooted note 3. It is a firmware update, 215 files to be exact. I did lose root. A tip, Best Buy has a factory tech rep there, and he flashed it back to stock for me
    So I'm reading all this craziness (just read every single post) and I'm surprised to see all this clamoring over an update that doesn't have any feedback yet... is anybody showing any positive results at all? I don't see a single account anywhere about how this update actually makes anything any better but people are killing themselves trying to make it work...

DroidLife shows the update contains two fixes... connectivity and sound

My note doesn't have any connectivity issues and sounds fine (I bluetooth everything anyway)

Imma just sit back and watch all this insanity and wait for the dust to settle...

And to the people asking all the questions about how to get this done without borking their root or losing functionality they already have modded into the phone... "why are you updating? Is there a problem with your connectivity or sound that is ruining your Note3 experience? Is it just the word "update" that's causing all this commotion?"

Fun to watch though... you guys are nuts ... :eek: ... hahaaaaa ... :laugh:
    I am quite surprised by the number of rooted users taking this update before a dev has dug into it. Just because you can re-root does not mean there were not any nasty (non dev friendly) under the hood changes.
    Apparently connectivity and sound quality were improved

galaxy-note-3_zps3f04c27b.jpg