at&t one xl wifi question

Search This thread

mally341

Jan 8, 2014
is the at&t one xl wifi range naturally low or is it just my own because i have an old samsung chat phone not a smart phone either and its wifi range is way stronger.

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
is the at&t one xl wifi range naturally low or is it just my own because i have an old samsung chat phone not a smart phone either and its wifi range is way stronger.

Every phone is a bit different in regards to its WiFi range (as well as range of its other antennas like cell network for that matter). The HOX seems pretty comparable to past HTC devices I've owned.

Depending on whats software version your device is currently on, you might see a slight difference if you update it. But it won't be a drastic change. Might even get worse.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I don't have any issues with WiFi range. The network in the attached screenshot is a house that's across the road from me and a couple of doors down.
u5ysa5y5.jpg

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: mally341

mally341

Jan 8, 2014
Every phone is a bit different in regards to its WiFi range (as well as range of its other antennas like cell network for that matter). The HOX seems pretty comparable to past HTC devices I've owned.

Depending on whats software version your device is currently on, you might see a slight difference if you update it. But it won't be a drastic change. Might even get worse.

unlocked
evita pvt ship s-off rl
cid-11111111
hboot-2.15.0000
radio-1.31a.32.45.16.2
opendsp-v33.1.0.45.1128
emmc-boot
august 14 2013,16:02:22:-1

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
unlocked
evita pvt ship s-off rl
cid-11111111
hboot-2.15.0000
radio-1.31a.32.45.16.2
opendsp-v33.1.0.45.1128
emmc-boot
august 14 2013,16:02:22:-1

That just tells me your hboot and radio number, not what software version (ROM) your are on. The hboot and radio are very recent, so I can only guess that your ROM is, also. So I'm thinking outdated software is not the issue.

I also can often get multiple WiFi networks for neighbors houses. Suburban area, so the other homes aren't all that close. It could be you have a defective HOX, such as a broken WiFi antenna. But no real way to know that unless you can get ahold of another HOX and compare.

mally341

Jan 8, 2014
That just tells me your hboot and radio number, not what software version (ROM) your are on. The hboot and radio are very recent, so I can only guess that your ROM is, also. So I'm thinking outdated software is not the issue.

I also can often get multiple WiFi networks for neighbors houses. Suburban area, so the other homes aren't all that close. It could be you have a defective HOX, such as a broken WiFi antenna. But no real way to know that unless you can get ahold of another HOX and compare.

android version - 4.2.2
htc sence version 5.0
software number 5.08.111.2
htc sdk api level 5.41

my friend phones has a better wifi range he has the same type phone.

redpoint73

Oct 24, 2007
android version - 4.2.2
htc sence version 5.0
htc sdk api level 5.41

Everything is very up to date, so I don't think that software is the issue (although the latest AT&T software and radio might make a slight difference).

I don't know what you mean by "same type phone", that is too vague to mean anything. Is it an AT&T One X (EVITA) or something else?

Reactions: mally341

mally341

Jan 8, 2014
Everything is very up to date, so I don't think that software is the issue (although the latest AT&T software and radio might make a slight difference).

I don't know what you mean by "same type phone", that is too vague to mean anything. Is it an AT&T One X (EVITA) or something else?

my phone and my friend phone are the same both at&t one x evita theres nothing different.ok i think ill try buy new parts wifi antenna and in call mic thanks guys

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have any issues with WiFi range. The network in the attached screenshot is a house that's across the road from me and a couple of doors down.
    u5ysa5y5.jpg

Sent from my Evita
    android version - 4.2.2
    htc sence version 5.0
    htc sdk api level 5.41