[Q] APK for forced GPS?

Search This thread

screaming01l

Jun 23, 2012
I have an employee that I gave an S3 to and use TSheets for clock in/clock out. Tsheets will log GPS at clock in and clock out, even with gps off, BUT it cant do the 10 minute intervals. Employees little son keeps screwing with the phone and every couple of weeks I have to turn the GPS on manually. So, my question is, is there an app or rom or work around that will either hide the gps button after its activated or force gps to stay on.

If this is in the wrong section, my apologies.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I have an employee that I gave an S3 to and use TSheets for clock in/clock out. Tsheets will log GPS at clock in and clock out, even with gps off, BUT it cant do the 10 minute intervals. Employees little son keeps screwing with the phone and every couple of weeks I have to turn the GPS on manually. So, my question is, is there an app or rom or work around that will either hide the gps button after its activated or force gps to stay on.

If this is in the wrong section, my apologies.

I think the best and easiest way to do this is kick the SHI,, out of the little son..just kidding, lol. OK the solution is down load this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thinkyeah.apphider and hide settings and map app.

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
ill try it. GPS is considered an App then?

GPS is system service, MAP is an app which can redirect to GPS to enable it, so you need to hide settings for GPS and MAP app. Open the hide app and tab on the Add(+) button, select Settings and Map then tabl save. Done.
Edit: There is another way where you could use app lock, which can be found in the market, I haven't try any so if you run into issue I need to take a look.

Last edited: