I really don't understand my hero

Search This thread

adritati

Feb 17, 2010
Malaga
Hi everyone, I really don't know where locate this "thing" is happening to my hero but it is definitely related to ROMs.

I recently post my battery problem in the battery's thread in this forum but seems like a battery calibration was not the solution.
I used to have Floyo on my hero and it worked perfect, also battery life was pretty good. Since I changed it to try another one, I can not have any 2.2 ROM in my hero cause battery drains almost 15-20%/hour with wifi off, sync off, screen minimum, 2G network, just the necessary to receive calls.

I've tried all 2.2 ROMs with different kernels, always wiping everything and none of them works property. I decided to install a 2.1 ROM and voila, more than 2 days of battery. Does anyone have any idea of the problem?

Other thing is driving me crazy is why I have to use toggle set (because of handset problem->always is on even when is not plugged) but only with VillainROM 12 I don't have this problem, I thought it was a hardware problem.

For all of this, my hero is understandable, any light to see what's going on? Thank you all

RaduG

Apr 3, 2010
London
BEfore flashing a 2.2 ROM, wipe EVERYTHING, including battery stats. Let then the battery drain to 0, and charge the phone with the wall charger for 6-7 hours, then turn it on while it's still plugged and leave it like that for 1-2 hrs. Then unplug it and there will be no more drain.

ExMM

Jul 3, 2010
Japan
Maybe this could also help you, when you set up your 2.2 rom for the first time,
have you ever disable google backup?
I have been told that drain battery like hell....

adritati

Feb 17, 2010
Malaga
BEfore flashing a 2.2 ROM, wipe EVERYTHING, including battery stats. Let then the battery drain to 0, and charge the phone with the wall charger for 6-7 hours, then turn it on while it's still plugged and leave it like that for 1-2 hrs. Then unplug it and there will be no more drain.
Thanks, I'll try next time doing it in this way and I'll see the results thought I think it won't change cause even if it's not fully charged I wipe battery stats also when i flash

petsasj

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 22, 2010
Athens
Batteries die with time, so if you keep having a problem, you can consider investing $20 in a Mugen Power extended battery (1550 mAh) which doesn't need the back cover to be changed.

I greatly recommend it.