It is true, XPERIA TX has different screens.

Search This thread

Ishtastic

Aug 3, 2010
San Francisco
Mine also says "C" in the service menu, but it doesn't look as washed out as yours does in the picture. When I have time I'll take a picture and post it here. I think that maybe your screen might not have been calibrated properly.

On an unrelated note does anyone's right side of their TX squeak?

Fuzalert2k

Jul 24, 2009
Here are the pictures guys, they're not from the internet, they're from my phone and my friends' phone.
Both phones at 100% brightness, adept to lighting conditions disabled.
Both phones has the same SI Number, and both was made in week 41 2012

This is really annoying and frustrating,

Honestly, using that pic as a comparison, my TX looks better than all of that (from what I can tell by comparing it with your picture). On mine, the wave is clear, and there isn't really like a white layer covering as much over the waves.

Was this the cyan background or the blue one?

Still, both of those TX's look better than the T that the original poster posted in on the "Xperia T mediocre" display thread.

Last edited:

LitoNi

May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Mine also says "C" in the service menu, but it doesn't look as washed out as yours does in the picture. When I have time I'll take a picture and post it here. I think that maybe your screen might not have been calibrated properly.

On an unrelated note does anyone's right side of their TX squeak?

Same here, my tx is also "C" and it doesnt seem as bad as his. I would say between those two. but then again i wanna see if its that bad with that flower wallpaper that he has.

He shouldve taken the photos in a pitch dark area. I dont know does the placement matters but it seems like the lights there are uneven of where he placed the two phones.

Honestly, using that pic as a comparison, my TX looks better than all of that (from what I can tell by comparing it with your picture). On mine, the wave is clear, and there isn't really like a white layer covering as much over the waves.

Still, both of those TX's look better than the T that the original poster posted in on the "Xperia T mediocre" display thread.

Yea, I read many forums and they concluded that TX has a better screen than the T. :)

Halim2k

Apr 7, 2009
Just to be clear, phones screens actually are much better than those images.
even the C one is much better than it looks in the pictures, but for sure there are 2 kinds of touch panels, and for sure the B one is the best.

My question is why using 2 different touch panels, and why it is not stated clearly by SONY?

Again, I like my TX, it's really a great phone, and its screen looks even better than One X, except viewing angles.

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium

That's because of the contrast difference. If you do light metering on one of the displays then it'd look right. In other words, that's just the camera.

thejosetree

Feb 6, 2012
That's because of the contrast difference. If you do light metering on one of the displays then it'd look right. In other words, that's just the camera.

The camera has the same light metering for both displays, it's not the camera it's simply different displays, and one is worst than the other.

AvRS

Dec 21, 2009
I have posted this before, from left to right GX ("b" version), ion, T.

TX/GX is much better

There's one annoyance with comparing screens in a photo side by side and that is you'll never be at the same angle for each of the phones. Take your phone and start moving it away from your central view and the picture will change and start looking dull. This is a fact so if you take a central pic of 3 phones only the centre of the 3 will be at it's best with the other 2 being equally off axis and will fade away. The only real side by side comparison you can do is take the exact same image with the camera in the same spot and the phone placed in the same spot then put all pictures side by side and that will give you the result. Just saying as none of the side by side pics posted to date give any true representation.

paullu

Aug 26, 2007
usa
I just got my tx today and when I check my phone it show up
version is 197 is that normal? and mine is c
from hong kong

petalex99

Nov 7, 2010
Constanta
Don't worry, folks

The OP noticed it when he said he put the 2 versions side by side.
For me, I cannot tell the difference now on this one with C fw. I only had 2 days on the first one with B version.
Tapatalked from my TX
I've make an experiment for you with my xperia TX. I flashed a 7.0.A.1.307 ftf. My touch firmware version was "a"
Afterthat on the same device I've flashed the new firmware version 7.0.A.3.212. This time, the touch firmware version was "c"
(see photo). So, the touch firmware version is a software, not hardware (LCD,touchscreen, digitiser) question!!
Happy conclusion: Don't worry, people, the touchscreen of our beloved Xperia TX are identical!!
Hit "thanks" if it was useful.

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

maxboy

Mar 6, 2009
Toronto
Happy conclusion: Don't worry, people, our beloved Xperia TX are the same!!

It is known that a become c, but never b. So they are not the same. B is even better than Xperia v

Ip5 vs V vs TX

Sent from my LT29i using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355493349143.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355493349143.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 453

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Press *#*#7378423#*#*
    Press "Service info" then "Software info"

This is the same as typing *#*#SERVICE#*#* into the phone keypad - which is a bit easier to remember!

If I helped, hit Thanks!
    Don't worry, folks

The OP noticed it when he said he put the 2 versions side by side.
    For me, I cannot tell the difference now on this one with C fw. I only had 2 days on the first one with B version.
    Tapatalked from my TX
    I've make an experiment for you with my xperia TX. I flashed a 7.0.A.1.307 ftf. My touch firmware version was "a"
    Afterthat on the same device I've flashed the new firmware version 7.0.A.3.212. This time, the touch firmware version was "c"
    (see photo). So, the touch firmware version is a software, not hardware (LCD,touchscreen, digitiser) question!!
    Happy conclusion: Don't worry, people, the touchscreen of our beloved Xperia TX are identical!!
    touch version is related with software , i make some research and touch firmware is located on etc/firmware.but flashing touch firmware from xperia v but not works.
    Finally, an answer from Sony
    The question was about if XPERIA TX has the opticontrast panel, and here is the answer :rolleyes:

Ty8H1.jpg

That answer confirms the 2 versions of TX display assembly, a great one with opticontrast panel,
    and a good one with bad viewing angles without opticontrast panel.
    :eek:

Look at this picture

vlcsnap2013011310h49m32.png
    Excuse me - what are you talking about?
    That answer confirms NO OPTICONTRAST panel for T neither TX.
    So?

That answer confirms that Sony has cheated to their costumers.

---------- Post added at 02:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

summarizing:

- Sony announce at IFA that Xperia T, TX and V has an opticontrast panel
    - Only a few and selected batches of Xperia TX receive Opticontrast panel
    - For a unknown reason (maybe problems with the providers) the rest of the batches has the same display that Sony has used the last years.
    - Sony don't recognize the issue.