[ROM]Fission 2.4.3 Droid2Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

Search This thread

bogatyr

Jun 22, 2010
Has anyone been able to get the VPNClient.apk from the stock rom to work on the Fission rom? The missing VPN is one of two things stopping me from using Fission. When I try to install the APK it just says something like Application not installed.

Also any news on the ATT SIM cards? I saw they posted showing it working... but then never posted anything else.

I donated to the cause hoping for some of these fixes but the lack of any updates - even just words saying that they're working on it - is really irritating.

bogatyr

Jun 22, 2010
Actually I was able to get my VPN to work. Here are the steps I used:

Install VPN Connections from: http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/

Download the tun_alt.ko file to the phone/sdcard: http://www.saturnwiki.net/droid_tun_driver/2.6.32.9/tun_alt.ko
(the built in browser wouldn't download it so I did that on my desktop, the built in one only showed the contents of the file)

Start the terminal emulator and use these commands:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cp /sdcard/tun_alt.ko /system/lib/modules/tun.ko
mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
insmod /system/lib/modules/tun.ko

Now I haven't tried rebooting yet, but from what I read you need to use the last command every reboot:
Code:
su

This lets me connect to our Cisco IPSEC devices at work. :)

droidfanatic

Aug 17, 2010
Do this give you an option to enter user and passcode using a secureID token?

Actually I was able to get my VPN to work. Here are the steps I used:

Install VPN Connections from: http://code.google.com/p/get-a-robot-vpnc/

Download the tun_alt.ko file to the phone/sdcard: http://www.saturnwiki.net/droid_tun_driver/2.6.32.9/tun_alt.ko
(the built in browser wouldn't download it so I did that on my desktop, the built in one only showed the contents of the file)

Start the terminal emulator and use these commands:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cp /sdcard/tun_alt.ko /system/lib/modules/tun.ko
mount -o remount,ro /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

Now I haven't tried rebooting yet, but from what I read you need to use the last command every reboot:
Code:
su

This lets me connect to our Cisco IPSEC devices at work. :)

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Has anyone been able to get the VPNClient.apk from the stock rom to work on the Fission rom? The missing VPN is one of two things stopping me from using Fission. When I try to install the APK it just says something like Application not installed.

You need to copy it to /system/app and it will work fine. It is a bit ***** to configure given the scarce documentation but once configured works nicely.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

leobg

Mar 7, 2006
Bogatyr, thanks for the info about the working tun module. Does vpnc still require manual adjustment of MTU to have some apps like RDP passing traffic? I hated this while I was using it on my old Milestone.

shaddix2

Oct 16, 2010
"Dead End Phone"??
The phone was released two months ago. Development does take awhile to get going but give it time and alot more will come. Angdroid has been awesome enough to make the only Rom for the D2G and alot of time goes into it. He himself said 2.5.7 will be coming soon for global. And FYI the thunderbolt will have a locked bootloader as well so good luck.

One more thing.....nobody cares what phone you want. This thread is for Q and A for the fission rom.

It's been a month since an update for fission for the d2g. Nobody gives a **** about this phone, have you seen the other forums? There's new roms every other day and updates for the existing roms just as fast on the galaxy s forums. The evo shift came out on the 9th and there's already like 9 threads on that forum when here it's just the three, one of which was started yesterday.

Even with the locked bootloader on the TB at least there will be more than a single, rarely-updated rom for that device. Hell it already has more threads in the development forum than the D2G.

papi92

Nov 15, 2009
I love how people talk and then are all happy when u get a release. I can understand why we may only get 1/4 of the releases. This phone isn't popular. It is a hard to port roms as the framework is different. You need to work it into the different processor. Oh and the bootloader is locked. It will take awhile. Just delete stuff you don't like.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA App

rusty815

Nov 28, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Dude, I don't see what your problem is. If you bought a phone for the development being put into it then you shouldn't be getting a phone at all, at least not a smart phone.

Back on subject, anyone notice a considerable amount of lag with live wallpapers in fission as opposed to the stock rom? I'm on the stock rom right now and when I have a live wallpaper, I don't notice much lag at all, when I ran the same wallpaper on fission the interface got really laggy, even when overclocked.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using XDA App

shaddix2

Oct 16, 2010
My apologies to everyone, just frustrated with vzw's current phone selection. Don't mind me making an ass of myself.

bogatyr

Jun 22, 2010
Bogatyr, thanks for the info about the working tun module. Does vpnc still require manual adjustment of MTU to have some apps like RDP passing traffic? I hated this while I was using it on my old Milestone.

Im not sure, I've only used it for SSH with ConnectBot on our routers, switches and servers. Is there a good RDP client? I'll.be happy to try it and let you know.

Knirfie

Nov 14, 2008
Camera app not functioning here with 2.4.3, there is definetly nothing wrong with the camera because it works in barcode scanner and camcorder.

Have tried starting camera app in three ways, all with the same results, black screen for half a second and return to home screen:
1 - push the camera button
2 - select the app in the app tray
3 - start camcorder through app tray and press "switch to"

I have tried reinstalling "2.4.3 upgrade install" through FRM 1.2.4 but this didn't help.

Is there a known bug with the camera app? Should I try a clean install? And is there a new ROM coming (dont want to do a clean install twice in a week)?

K

KingWaffle

Might want to make sure the camcorder works as well. From my experience, the camcorder would crash when I toggled it on in the AOSP app.

bogatyr

Jun 22, 2010
Has anyone been able to get Orbot to work on Fission?

It connects just fine but nothing I do goes through Orbot, even when I change the settings to force everything through it.

Top Liked Posts