Updated 3-3-09 - JFv1.43 for UK RC9 firmware! also ADP 1.5 post 2

Search This thread

phuthanvinh

Jan 8, 2009
HI guys, i have a question there are two different files
JFv1.42_ADP1.1h and JFv1.42_ADP1.1h_BuildEnvironment

What is the difference between these two?
What build environment actually does? I have never tried it before nor understood what it is.

coolbho3000

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2008
HI guys, i have a question there are two different files
JFv1.42_ADP1.1h and JFv1.42_ADP1.1h_BuildEnvironment

What is the difference between these two?
What build environment actually does? I have never tried it before nor understood what it is.

Build environment allows you to customize the image if you want. If you just want to update the phone get the first file JFv1.42_ADP1.1h.

mannyb

Dec 31, 2008
When going from the official ADP1.1 Holiday version to JFv1.42 ADP1.1h, will I still have to make a JFv1.31 splash if I want to avoid a wipe?

U

unknown.soul

I still had to do a wipe when flashing ADP1.1h over RC33, Missed Call gave me errors.

mannyb

Dec 31, 2008
*ponders*. I would say probably yes.
Not sure if I'm missing something obvious here.. but I put the JFv1.42 ADP1.1h update on my SD card, renamed it update.zip, shut the phone down, booted it up with Home+Power, hit Alt+S when the bootloader image popped up, a progress bar appeared; went to 100%, then I was back at the bootloader image. I figured that was that and I did a Home+Return to reboot. Now I'm all booted up with no problems but I'm still on the stock ADP1.1 Holiday image. I guess I'll need to do an Alt+W for the JFv1.42 ADP1.1h image to stick.

JesusFreke

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 23, 2008
Dallas
Not sure if I'm missing something obvious here.. but I put the JFv1.42 ADP1.1h update on my SD card, renamed it update.zip, shut the phone down, booted it up with Home+Power, hit Alt+S when the bootloader image popped up, a progress bar appeared; went to 100%, then I was back at the bootloader image. I figured that was that and I did a Home+Return to reboot. Now I'm all booted up with no problems but I'm still on the stock ADP1.1 Holiday image. I guess I'll need to do an Alt+W for the JFv1.42 ADP1.1h image to stick.

that's.. strange :). Are you sure you put the right file on your sdcard? :)