[Q] first time trying to install new rom on NOTE 2 - aroma installer freeze

Search This thread

kaceps

May 2, 2011
Hello. As you can guess, I need help.
I'm trying to install a custom rom, but the installation seem to stop on the aroma installer

quick background :
I have already installed custom roms on a few other devices ( kindle fire, HTC desire, and desire HD )
First time trying it on my Note2 N7100.
I spent about 5/6 hours reading the forums, trying to sort out what I was going to do. Here is what I tried.

I start from stock, never touched 4.1.2
I use Odin and flash Philz recovery 6.07.9
Reboot on said recovery, go to wipe and clean to install new rom
install rom, select zip from external SDCARD
Select DitoNote3
aroma start ...
I see conditions, accept
I see changelog, press next.
And nothing happens. Screen stay the same, installer doesn't respond to anything or gives any sign of being installing anything.
After about 5 minutes, I decided to reboot the phone. I can still reboot in recovery.
I tried with phoenix rom. Pretty much the same, except if happened when I pressed backup EFS

So, is this step supposed to be extra long and without any indication about what is happening ?
Is there anything that can make the aroma installer crash like that ?
Any help welcome.

In the meantime, I will be downloading pre-rooted stock and try to flash one of those.

Edit : I am now considering the possibility that readng and external SDcard is what's causing crashs. But I do not have rom images on the phone memory, and already wiped system.
Any way to access internal memory from recovery to copy rom and try flashing purely from internal memory ?

Last edited:

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
Hello. As you can guess, I need help.
I'm trying to install a custom rom, but the installation seem to stop on the aroma installer

quick background :
I have already installed custom roms on a few other devices ( kindle fire, HTC desire, and desire HD )
First time trying it on my Note2 N7100.
I spent about 5/6 hours reading the forums, trying to sort out what I was going to do. Here is what I tried.

I start from stock, never touched 4.1.2
I use Odin and flash Philz recovery 6.07.9
Reboot on said recovery, go to wipe and clean to install new rom
install rom, select zip from external SDCARD
Select DitoNote3
aroma start ...
I see conditions, accept
I see changelog, press next.
And nothing happens. Screen stay the same, installer doesn't respond to anything or gives any sign of being installing anything.
After about 5 minutes, I decided to reboot the phone. I can still reboot in recovery.
I tried with phoenix rom. Pretty much the same, except if happened when I pressed backup EFS

So, is this step supposed to be extra long and without any indication about what is happening ?
Is there anything that can make the aroma installer crash like that ?
Any help welcome.

In the meantime, I will be downloading pre-rooted stock and try to flash one of those.

Edit : I am now considering the possibility that readng and external SDcard is what's causing crashs. But I do not have rom images on the phone memory, and already wiped system.
Any way to access internal memory from recovery to copy rom and try flashing purely from internal memory ?

He he he. .
As dalanik said... it's a "bug" or perhaps u can say a wellknown issue with aroma installer.
Just try again and again. It will work.
:)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Most 4.3-Roms work best with Philz 5.15 as many developers suggest in their installation advice. :good:

kaceps

May 2, 2011
Most 4.3-Roms work best with Philz 5.15 as many developers suggest in their installation advice. :good:

Thank you all !
As you suggested, running philz 5.15 worked.

Sorry I missed that point when reading. Or rather, I supposed Roms maker where suggesting 5.15 recovery because it was the only one available at the time they wrote the guide, and I might as well go for the latest version.