[Q] i am desperately confused. rooting/backup recovery of galaxy S4

Search This thread

kldge

Feb 9, 2014
ok so i have my verizon galaxy s4 finally rooted, and i know it is because i have used multiple apps to check. now i have no idea what im doing because i cant find any guids. my friend told me to download ROM manager and i went through the process and i know i have clockworkmod recovery installed. so i went to the next step which he told me to download and install gapps. also he told me to whip my device completely at some point and i dont have contact currently with him. was i supposed to whip my device right after i rooted it and then get rom manager/gapps/ext..?

also, if i didnt need to do that then i fallowed instructions on the internet for how to install the ROMs and i downloaded gapps but how do i install gapps? and when i go to the boot menu where im supposed to install them it pulls up something different and the only options are to:

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
appy update from external storage
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cash partition
apply update from cache

PLEASE HELP!!!

Gilbert_vanguard

Oct 5, 2013
Bangalore
What have you done?!!! OK after you root its not necessary for you wipe your data or system! ROM manager is a necessary tool although its a good tool for peopl who flash their phones very often
I suggest you to head over to the galaxy s4 sub forums and find a suitable ROM for you , the install instructions are mostly the same for all ROMs, but some ROMs have specific ways to install, details about which will be provided in the ROMs thread.

kldge

Feb 9, 2014
What have you done?!!! OK after you root its not necessary for you wipe your data or system! ROM manager is a necessary tool although its a good tool for peopl who flash their phones very often
I suggest you to head over to the galaxy s4 sub forums and find a suitable ROM for you , the install instructions are mostly the same for all ROMs, but some ROMs have specific ways to install, details about which will be provided in the ROMs thread.

thanks for your help and all but i actually found out i had a model of the verizon s4 that had the bootloader that cant be unlocked. anyway if you could help me on a diferent subject all together now thatd be great. i rooted my s4 again yesterday after realizing that the root was removed with the kitkat update. i used towelroot and i have safestrap recovery already setup. id like to know what many specific things i can do with this setup of my device because id like to do messing around with some roms and really want to uninstall bloatware. my device is NC5