Keeps dropping network

Search This thread

e4604

Aug 7, 2007
Seattle
Woke up this morning, no service, keeps saying current network (T-Mobile) is unavailable, the only way it'll work is if I pull sim card out, power it down, reinsert it and start it back up, it'll work fine for about half an hour and drops network again.
I'm running latest mahdi ROM, nothing else modified.
Any help appreciated.
BTW sim card is relatively new( about 5 months old)

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
Try a different ROM and if it still does it RMA the device I was having problems with service to where when I was using data it would decide to switch to h/3g I'm on T-Mobile as well

e4604

Aug 7, 2007
Seattle
Try a different ROM and if it still does it RMA the device I was having problems with service to where when I was using data it would decide to switch to h/3g I'm on T-Mobile as well

Thanks for the suggestion, i don't think its the ROM, but to put my mind and ease and eliminate that possibility I'll flash another ROM tonight.
Btw how does the RMA work? I've never had to go through this before
Thanks

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
If you purchased it through T-Mobile just call T-Mobile and tell them you're having problems with it and just do troubleshooting stuff and if what they say doesent work unroot it and send it back and if you purchased it through google same exact thing

Reactions: e4604

e4604

Aug 7, 2007
Seattle
Although I bought it brand new, it wasn't from Google or T-Mobile itself. If I can't rectify this with software I'll have to contact lg and see what they say

e4604

Aug 7, 2007
Seattle
No bueno, flashed other ROM and currently on stock ROM still having same problem, service drops off rendering phone useless. Emergency calls only is all i get.
Any advice?

kilowatt95

Feb 7, 2014
Singapore-Kuala Lumpur
Try going to the service menu which you can get into by dialing *#*#4636#*#* in dialer. Go into phone information and try changing this setting:

1408789862688.jpg

Since you're on t mobile I'd recommend trying anything but CDMA. WCDMA is fine though. Maybe one of the options will help solve your connectivity issues.

Personally I'm on WCDMA only when connected to WiFi. This gives me 3G. Otherwise I am on LTE only. GSM should give you 2g.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Woke up this morning, no service, keeps saying current network (T-Mobile) is unavailable, the only way it'll work is if I pull sim card out, power it down, reinsert it and start it back up, it'll work fine for about half an hour and drops network again.
Any help appreciated.

Have you tried different modem?

e4604

Aug 7, 2007
Seattle
Figured it out, in short I got scammed. Called tmobile today, they blacklisted the phone for non payment, I guess the guy that sold it to me hadn't paid it off/paid. I guess lesson learned, call service provider and make sure device is paid off.
It still works with att. At this point I'll sell it as such and or for parts.
Thanks everyone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you purchased it through T-Mobile just call T-Mobile and tell them you're having problems with it and just do troubleshooting stuff and if what they say doesent work unroot it and send it back and if you purchased it through google same exact thing
    Try going to the service menu which you can get into by dialing *#*#4636#*#* in dialer. Go into phone information and try changing this setting:

1408789862688.jpg

Since you're on t mobile I'd recommend trying anything but CDMA. WCDMA is fine though. Maybe one of the options will help solve your connectivity issues.

Personally I'm on WCDMA only when connected to WiFi. This gives me 3G. Otherwise I am on LTE only. GSM should give you 2g.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
    Any help appreciated.

Have you tried different modem?