Broken power button

Search This thread

Wdustin1

Nov 19, 2010
Wichita, KS
So my brother showed his phone today and the power button acts like its held down and then sometimes is not responsive at all. I remember on my S1 having the same problems, what I did was made the power button the search key and turned off the power button all together. Anybody have and good ideas on power button workarounds I'm not newbie I just have been using my gnex and n5 so long I kinda forgot the whole Samsung game. He is currently running Beans ROM.

Or maybe anybody had any luck cleanings the power button if so how did you do it? Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Jacquestrapp

Apr 27, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
So my brother showed his phone today and the power button acts like its held down and then sometimes is not responsive at all. I remember on my S1 having the same problems, what I did was made the power button the search key and turned off the power button all together. Anybody have and good ideas on power button workarounds I'm not newbie I just have been using my gnex and n5 so long I kinda forgot the whole Samsung game. He is currently running Beans ROM.

Or maybe anybody had any luck cleanings the power button if so how did you do it? Thanks!

I would try Button Savior from the Play Store first, I've never used it but it will let you turn off the power button. I had the same problem recently and no cleaning/repair I tried worked, I ended up just opening the phone and prying the power button off the motherboard. My phone's button problems were preventing it from starting up correctly, and made it impossible to boot into recovery. If your problems aren't that bad, obviously a software solution is better than ripping parts off the motherboard.

Reactions: Wdustin1

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

The popular method would be using xposed installer with the Wanam module.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wdustin1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I would try Button Savior from the Play Store first, I've never used it but it will let you turn off the power button. I had the same problem recently and no cleaning/repair I tried worked, I ended up just opening the phone and prying the power button off the motherboard. My phone's button problems were preventing it from starting up correctly, and made it impossible to boot into recovery. If your problems aren't that bad, obviously a software solution is better than ripping parts off the motherboard.

The popular method would be using xposed installer with the Wanam module.