Wireless charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

natefish

Mar 4, 2008
Henderson, KY
Does anyone know of or can recommend a nice wireless charging station for the S5? I'm glad the phone is dust/water proof, but messing with that micro USB cover my get old after a while. Plus, it could break off. I haven't used wireless charging since my Palm Pre days so I have no idea what's out.

Sent from my SM-T310 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

SF Steven

Jun 29, 2010
San Francisco
There is a nokia charger the dt-900 I believe is the model number. I just ordered from AT&Ts website for 25 bucks. After reading reviews it seems most people agree its the best option for the price.

I've got 2 of them that I use on my Note 3 with wireless charging cover (1 at home, 1 at work) - they're both great.

I bought one off Amazon for ~$40 and another for ~$25 on some daily deal site. Well worth the investment to not have to futz around with cables.

Only thing I see so far is that Samsung isn't offering the wireless charging back for the S5 yet; with the Note 3, it took them a month or two after launch to put them online for purchase and even then, they were backordered.

cloudraker

Dec 2, 2011
Lafayette, In
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I've got 2 of them that I use on my Note 3 with wireless charging cover (1 at home, 1 at work) - they're both great.

I bought one off Amazon for ~$40 and another for ~$25 on some daily deal site. Well worth the investment to not have to futz around with cables.

Only thing I see so far is that Samsung isn't offering the wireless charging back for the S5 yet; with the Note 3, it took them a month or two after launch to put them online for purchase and even then, they were backordered.

I've got a close friend who works at the samsung experience shop within the local best buy and he had training last week on the s5 and its accessories. He said they are expecting the charging back in store within a week of launch. Good news is the first one that come in has my name on it so hopefully I dont have to contend with too much.

atg284

Nov 26, 2012
If you get a wireless charging back does it make the phone too thick for traditional 3rd party cases. What I want to do is get a wireless charging back plate and then put a case around the whole phone. Is that possible?

SF Steven

Jun 29, 2010
San Francisco
My sgs4 with wireless back cover don't feet any cases for galaxy

I had an S4 (and Note3) with wireless charging back covers and cases on both...SOME cases work.

For the S4, I was able to use Cruzerlite TPU cases with no problem. Any of the hard cases didn't work for me (Spigen) and I even tried the multi-piece cases (TPU + hard bumper) but the only ones that worked were Cruzerlite TPU.

In fact, I'm so sure that the S5 will work with Cruzerlite and a wireless charging back cover, I already bought a new case.

Reactions: DimonVideo

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR
I'm gonna keep on the Best Buys for a wireless charging back and charger. Gonna get a white phone and black backplate. Mmmm sexy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

degast

Oct 1, 2008
I wonder if wireless charging doesn't damage internal parts of the phone? Anyone got an explanation or experience here?

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
The magnetic field might screw up things? I don't know, I'm asking this.

I'm only curious as samsung has the intention of providing this feature, i've been using wireless charging for a good 3+years with gs3, gs4, note 2 and now note 3, all without any problem.

degast

Oct 1, 2008
I'm only curious as samsung has the intention of providing this feature, i've been using wireless charging for a good 3+years with gs3, gs4, note 2 and now note 3, all without any problem.

You can buy a wireless charging back from Samsung (doesn't come standard though).

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
You can buy a wireless charging back from Samsung (doesn't come standard though).

It's samsung's way of making more money, i prefer a receiver insert, it's thinner and i've been using them with all my phones.

I will be picking a few up in the next few days in china, need to check what the quality is like.

SF Steven

Jun 29, 2010
San Francisco
It's samsung's way of making more money, i prefer a receiver insert, it's thinner and i've been using them with all my phones.

I will be picking a few up in the next few days in china, need to check what the quality is like.

Really??? I got one for my S4 and it was awful - so thick that the case bulged out in the middle of the back...so much that the phone didn't lay flat on the table anymore.

Even though the Samsung battery cover is a little thicker overall, at least it's symmetrical and doesn't look home-made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My sgs4 with wireless back cover don't feet any cases for galaxy

I had an S4 (and Note3) with wireless charging back covers and cases on both...SOME cases work.

For the S4, I was able to use Cruzerlite TPU cases with no problem. Any of the hard cases didn't work for me (Spigen) and I even tried the multi-piece cases (TPU + hard bumper) but the only ones that worked were Cruzerlite TPU.

In fact, I'm so sure that the S5 will work with Cruzerlite and a wireless charging back cover, I already bought a new case.
    I'm gonna keep on the Best Buys for a wireless charging back and charger. Gonna get a white phone and black backplate. Mmmm sexy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A Galaxy Panda!