Zagreb
Energy.RAPHAEL.21898.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.Apr.1 7.7z

Flashed Energy.RAPHAEL.21898.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.Apr.17.7z

Pros:
- Sense is extremely fast
- HTC Volume Control is working properly
- Cookie 1.7 is great!
- Sense Calendar is working much faster than in previous versions of this ROM
- Sense Weather is working 100% of the time (getting correct location)
- ROM is booting very fast
- Syncing my Touch Pro with WMDC with "Enable faster data synchronization" (didn't work on previous ROM-s)
- Random disappearing of people from Sense People tab seams to be solved

Cons:
- Add to contacts is still an issue
- Total Commander large fonts
- Opera 10 is still beta (final has been released)
- Sense Messages tab counter is stuck at x/25 messages
- Sense Photos and Videos tab counter is stuck at x/75
- Sense Mail tab is shoving only mails from my Inbox (Desktop Outlook Synched), In WM messaging there are all my mails and folders

Would like to see in future ROMs:
- EZInput 2.1
- Opera 10 Final
- JavaFX instead of Esmertec Jbed

yassero

Sep 2, 2007
I have an app that used to work on all Energy ROM's till April 2nd version onwards. It gives me the following error when I open it:

"The font file paths are set incorrectly. Please edit fontPaths.properties in <VM Installation>/lib/jclMidp20/ to point to the appropriate font files from the system font folder."

Is anyone aware what it means & how to fix ?

F4N4

Sep 8, 2009
Nordhausen
Flashed Energy.RAPHAEL.21898.Sense2.5.Cookie.HomeTab.Apr.17.7z

Cons:
- Opera 10 is still beta (final has been released)

Would like to see in future ROMs:
- EZInput 2.1
- Opera 10 Final

Opera 10 final was already on the devices. Its rly buggy! Thats the reason for downgrading to the beta again i think.

Someone is testing the "17apr gtx rom?" - its from 14. apr and looks like the same gtx rom before ... is a changelog available NRG? :p

RezzZ

Aug 28, 2008
The Hague
I just use Microsoft My Phone to backup contacts. Through the last few flashes, it has preserved ringtones.
I think that's not the same. Does MS My Phone remember contact specific rings? You still have to change the ringtone to the preserved one right?

I just use the My Documents\My Ringtones folder on my storagecard :). works just as easy to keep your rings.
but love Microsoft My Phone, archiving sms is nice :) once in a while.

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Well, I tried a few 23xxx ROM's and for me the killer is not closing applications when I tap the x... I know, I know, there is software for that, Ameba, Arkswitch, etc, but why should I still be installing those kind of applications after a flash? Besides I found them a bit unstable and not too user friendly on the settings ( last time I tried at least...)

Last 23xxx I tried, I had to travel and I had lots of problems with the stability, finding network, etc, so I just stick with the 21xxx ones now...

I guess I prefer that you guys beta test these cutting edge ROM's before giving the a try again ;)

I feel you on the task bar closing apps but I think I finally found one that works. Like you I tried all the versions before and didn't like them. I think XTask ver. 2.2 is ready and it seems to work great!!

Check it out it even has the little htc looking icon (as long as you run hook)..I posted my settings also.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 320
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 317
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
crap theres already 3 new versions from April 17! I have a lot of downloading and flashing to do thanks :)

cpenticuff

Oct 26, 2009
USA
I think that's not the same. Does MS My Phone remember contact specific rings? You still have to change the ringtone to the preserved one right?

I just use the My Documents\My Ringtones folder on my storagecard :). works just as easy to keep your rings.
but love Microsoft My Phone, archiving sms is nice :) once in a while.

No, I do not have to reset specific ringtones after each flash, the settings are preserved. I don't know if it makes a difference, but my ringtones are on my memory card.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I flashed the April 17 version (the one in my signature) last night, and have run into a couple of issues. Was wondering if anyone else has had the same problems.

I have had to reset my gmail account two times already. I checked my gmail from my pc and noticed that I had new mail, but my phone was not showing that. Send/Receive did not update the email and I could not send any messages. Editing the gmail settings and saving fixed the problem both times.

A few minutes ago, I picked up my phone, and it appeared to be "off". No buttons were functioning and opening the keyboard did nothing. Pressing/holding the power button had no effect. I tried a soft reset with the stylus, but this also did nothing. I had to remove the battery to get the phone to start.

Overall, this rom seems to be the most responsive that I have used. This series just keeps getting better and better.

Last edited:

zai_hkman

Jan 3, 2009
Opera 10 final was already on the devices. Its rly buggy! Thats the reason for downgrading to the beta again i think.

Someone is testing the "17apr gtx rom?" - its from 14. apr and looks like the same gtx rom before ... is a changelog available NRG? :p

At first, i found opera 10 final version had the typing lag problem, but after the release of the repack version, i think most problems are resolved. Therefore, i think the final version can be included in the rom

biker14

Sep 29, 2007
Lisbon
This looks good.

Maybe I give it a try the next flash ;)

Thanks for the heads up

I feel you on the task bar closing apps but I think I finally found one that works. Like you I tried all the versions before and didn't like them. I think XTask ver. 2.2 is ready and it seems to work great!!

Check it out it even has the little htc looking icon (as long as you run hook)..I posted my settings also.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

biker14

Sep 29, 2007
Lisbon
try this, the font was changed a few ROMs ago

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=6106015&postcount=6543

I have an app that used to work on all Energy ROM's till April 2nd version onwards. It gives me the following error when I open it:

"The font file paths are set incorrectly. Please edit fontPaths.properties in <VM Installation>/lib/jclMidp20/ to point to the appropriate font files from the system font folder."

Is anyone aware what it means & how to fix ?

nizmo_man

Nov 17, 2008
Does anyone know how to change the default volume to System instead of Ring
I think in the older ROMs (like from months ago) HKCU/Control Panel/Volume/ or similar, there was a reg I used to change that fixed it, but now I can't find it (forgot which reg)

H3PO

Sep 15, 2008
on the apr.02 version, i could use "QWERTZsheng_s_keyboard_patch.cab" to run this on my german qwertz raphael. in the apr.14 version, the up/down keys on both the front and the keyboard are mapped to volume up/down.

what do you guys do to change the keyboard layout?

rooster_20

Mar 31, 2009
Anyone have the cab to restore the original white clock? I know someone posted it for sense 2.1 however I haven't found it for 2.5 thanks
edit* found sorry

Last edited:

spaniard87

Jan 6, 2010
San Francisco
Comments

This is the first time I install an Energy ROM. I've been using TAEL ROM's, but I must say I'm quite impressed with this one. I just have a few comments

1)Is there anyway to change the phone canvas to the Leo dialer or Rhodium dialer?

2)When I restored my text messages with PIM Backup utility it has them all out of chronological order in the HTC messaging client. I can't fix it for anything in the world and it's annoying the life out of me. Has anyone else had this problem?

3)I've seen other Energy ROMS for other devices with the Facebook Manila Tab. Is there any way you can incorporate it to your next build MR NRGY Z28? I mean, who uses twitter?

Other than that, this ROM might actually get me to change from TAEL's ROMS.

dc4life

Apr 16, 2010
Barcelona
3D Music Landscape Fix (90' g-sensor rotate)

Does anyone knows about 3d music landscape fix?! it doesnt look right on vga screen :rolleyes: does anyone have tried to fix this issues??

just curious!

Does anyone knows about 3d music landscape fix?! it doesnt look right on vga screen :rolleyes: does anyone have tried to fix this issues??

just curious!

first, you need to fix your signature...

signature should contain

device, rom (sys version, date, type (sense 2.1/2.5, no Max/CHT, Max/CHT, GTX...etc)) and radio at the minimum...

you should at the very least specify this in your post, but it SHOULD be in your sig... without knowing any of this no one can help you...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the "EnergyROM" thread !

This development thread is for my "Energy" custom firmware series for the HTC Touch Pro (Raphael) device.

The current build numbers and date can be seen in the title of this thread. I usually update the ROMs about twice a week, as new builds come down the pipe or as new software/updates are available.

I build my ROMs with four main goals.

• Eye candy ( I want my ROM to look great and for it to all flow together nicely)
    • Speed !!!
    • Smoothness, consistency and good aesthetics
    • Stability through private beta testing before public release

I pre-configure a lot of things in my ROM, because when I flash it on my phone, I want it ready to go. So, expect the backlight to be set at the maximum brightness, the ringtone, sms/email and other notifications to already be set. Doing it this way, makes for a nice ROM that's ready out of the box.

I recommend learning to backup your settings with either Sashimi or UC (User Customization). Backing up with SPB Backup or similar products, is NOT recommended, as they tend to backup the previous release's registry/file bugs as well!

Looking at the download folder you will find two core versions of my ROM.

• The 21916 Build which is the most reliable, fast and bug free release. It has the Start menu button at the top left corner just like a stock ROM. I recommend you start with this first! :)

• The 29022 Build that's the latest in the 6.5.X series with the Start menu button at the bottom left corner and big softkeys. These builds reflect the latest cutting edge technology from Microsoft. These are also much more finger friendly throughout.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can stay up to date on the status of my ROM development by "following" me on Twitter.

It's definitely the fastest way to get in touch with me and please don't be afraid to tweet me if you see major issues with the ROMs.
    I generally do not answer "support" questions on Twitter, as it's really not the proper medium for that. Service packs and quick fixes will always be released as links in my tweets and that's definitely the fastest way to get a fix for a ROM.

To follow me on twitter, click here!

If you own an European\Asian Touch PRO, use the "Keyboard Selector" application under Utilities > Tweaks (after you flash the ROM) to select the "Pro" keyboard layout. The ROM comes with the american AT&T Fuze layout enabled by default.

This post features all the Cookie Hometab based ROMs I make.

The original ROM is the "energy" version and that's a good starting point. All the rest, are themes applied to that ROM.
    They all come in two versions,
    Cookie 1.8.5 and Cookie 2.0 (the ROM filename will be labeled "Cookie" and "Cookie.2.0, plus the name of the theme)

You can see more screenshots of these ROMs a couple of posts down.

The two Cookie versions look pretty similar, but Cookie 2.0 has multiple sliding homescreens/freely moveable widgets (similar to Android) and
    quite a few more features and speed, however it's still in 'beta'. Cookie 1.8.5 is considered the less complicated and stable build for now.

My own 'Energy' style

• This is the best ROM version and the way Sense should have been designed by HTC
    • Offers the biggest customization ability out of all versions. You can add/remove bars or items on the homescreen, arrange items any way you like, plus lots of extra features
    • Three built in lockscreens. "HD Mini" style, Manila style or Windows style
    • 3 pages of quicklinks with a configurable amount of shortcuts displayed
    • 3 Homescreen layouts to choose from, as seen in the above screenshots, all completely customizable !
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <
    Dinik's "Anastasia"
    • This ROM series is skinned with Dinik's great "Anastasia" theme applied on everything.
    • Everything has been skinned, including Sense, the start menu items, the soft keyboard, parts of the dialer... etc
    _LeCiel_'s ".sencity"

• This ROM is themed with the .sencity theme released by _LeCiel_ who is a very talented artist ! Please support his work if possible.
    • .sencity is not %100 complete yet, but _LeCiel_ is working hard on finishing his work to completely skin the entire ROM.
    DJC & Bobsbbq's "Touch Of Glass"
    • This ROM series is skinned with DJC's "Touch of Glass" theme throughout Sense and the Start Menu
    • More will be skinned as DJC continues his work on the theme in the future...
    ElCondor's "GTX"

• This ROM has the white GTX theme applied
    • Android styled taskbar, matching dialer, matching start menu background and Action screen background
    • GTX is a total reskin of the operating system, so expect a very different (white) experience

Sense%20Home%20Cookie.png
    Sense%20Email.png
    Sense%20Music.png
    Sense%20Settings.png
    Sense%20Facebook.png
    Sense%20CallHistory.png

Start%20Menu.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings.png
    Start%20Menu%20Settings%20System.png
    Start%20Menu%20Internet.png
    Start%20Menu%20Tools.png

Dialer.png
    Email.png
    Messaging.png
    Lockscreen.png

nrgenergize.png

List of installed applications

Games

• Bubble Breaker
    • Solitaire
    • Teeter
    GPS

• Digital Compass
    • QuickGPS
    • Google Maps
    • HTC GPSTool
    • ChartCross GPS Test
    Internet

• Opera 9.7
    • Jbed Java
    • RSS Hub
    • Remote Desktop
    • A couple of widgets for ROM Updates
    • MSN Messenger and Windows Live
    • Barnes Noble eReader
    • Facebook
    • Palringo
    • Windows Live
    • Messenger
    • Bing
    • Send and Receive All
    • Data Controller
    Multimedia

• Audio Booster
    • FM Radio
    • MP3 Trimmer
    • Voice Recorder
    • YouTube
    • TCPMP
    • InCall Recording
    Office Mobile

• Full suite of Office Mobile 2010
    Tools

• BsB Tweaks
    • Flashlight
    • Lock Device
    • Microsoft MyPhone
    • Registry Editor
    • PIM Backup
    • FDC TaskManager
    • Wifi Router
    • XDA UC
    • My own Settings Exporter tool
    • Shake and Save (screenshot app)
    • Wifi Monster
    • Wifi Router (internet sharing app)
    • tBattery
    On the Start Menu

• Backlight control app
    • Total Commander
    • Rotate Screen (by clicking icon or by pushing down Send key)
    • Windows Marketplace

ROM features at a glance:

• Very fast startup time. You won't find any startup wizards in this ROM. You'll be up and running in a couple minutes after flashing the ROM and ready to go. No need to spend time to set everything up.

• XDA_UC is built in. It will import your custom XML and REG files from your storage card after first boot.

• My own Settings Exporter application is found in the Tools folder. Use it to export all your settings after you customize the device. When a new ROM comes down the line, use it to import everything and save time.

• Everything is setup to use the phone right after flashing. Sounds, notifications, all options, etc

• The HTC Messaging client is removed, leaving the windows built SMS client for much faster texting, but still able to use a nicely skinned Sense text messaging app with "iphone style" messaging bubbles.
    EnergyStandard.png

'Standard' ROMs that have no addons installed on the homescreen. Stock Sense 2.5 !

'Energy'

• This series retains the stock functionality of the Sense UI. The files have been compressed by "CFC" compression. making the UI lighter and faster
    • This ROM still retains my theme and style, plus all the regular apps you find in my ROMs.
    • There are no homescreen addon-ons in this ROM. The best speed and the most stock functionality.

MaxSense.png
    Titanium.png

MaxSense UI (android style homescreen)

• This is a complete rewrite of the Sense homescreen, by maxycy.
    • It features a 3 screen, Android style, homescreen with widgets! The widgets can be placed ANYWHERE on the three screens.
    • 75 Quicklink accessible on all tabs
    • You should really visit the original thread for this mod shown on the next line to see all the features!
    • Link to the original thread for this mod is here > Click <.
    Titanium (ROMs for raw speed!)

• This is a minimal ROM version without Sense in it. It's used primarily for people that like to customize the default 6.5 homescreen (Titanium)
    • You can use it to install alternate homescreen interfaces like SPB Mobile Shell, etc
    • Very low memory footprint and good battery life, but very simple and lacks a lot of features that you would otherwise have available in Sense...

Click the following link for addons, XDA_UC help and various cabs specific to this ROM series

Camera / G-Sensor Issue

In the Rhodium, I found that HTCSensorSDK.dll was missing in both the December 11th and December 13th ROMs.

I found this by running depends.exe on Camera.exe.

I saw that HTCSensorSDK.dll was a dependency.

Since there were also G-Sensor issue, it seemed like a likely cause.

I uploaded my December 5th version of that file. A user applied it.

The Camera started working.

That particular file might not be compatible with the Raphael, so I recommend someone look at the last ROM where the camera worked. backup HTCSensorSDK.dll from the windows folder.

Flash the latest ROM. Then copy the backed up file to the windows folder.

If it works, then zip it up and upload it.

Hope this helps. If it does, please remember the Thanks button.