Search This thread

smik67

Sep 15, 2009
Freezing!

Anybody got the same problem with the DeepShining X5.23547? I flashed it three times so far, and i always have the same problem. It looks nice and I love it, but it keeps freezing. I mean by freezing that, while it is unused, i try to turn it on and nothing responds. The only solution is restart it (soft reset). At the beginning i though it is because i added a lot of thing to it. Now for this past week, i have been running it "alone/as is" and still freezes!
Any idea what I did wrong?

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
I strongly dissagree, this Rom has alot of problems. Many applications dont work well in landscape mode, alot of freezes, phone at time doesnt wake up from sleep, you cant see any new sms messages, It gulps battery power. Any Gps navigation software (telenav,garmin, etc) are buggy and unstable on this rom.

I dont like it at all. I might even switch back to the stock 6.5 ROM

Which Rom are you using, X5.21895? X5.23547?

I´ve tried both Roms and I have no freezes, no wake up and I dont know about Garmin but TomTom works like a charm.
(issues were already reported with WM 235xx builds and Garmin here and in Beta Tester team)

There aren´t many structural differences between X5.23547 and X5.23542 tested in Beta Testes group so I really do not understand all these issues now.

But just in case, I leave a few questions:

Did you flash the advised stock rom first?
Are you using the recommended Radio Version?
Did you installed 3rd party apps like co0kies Mod or HTC Messaging client?

Anybody got the same problem with the DeepShining X5.23547? I flashed it three times so far, and i always have the same problem. It looks nice and I love it, but it keeps freezing. I mean by freezing that, while it is unused, i try to turn it on and nothing responds. The only solution is restart it (soft reset). At the beginning i though it is because i added a lot of thing to it. Now for this past week, i have been running it "alone/as is" and still freezes!
Any idea what I did wrong?

Since I have released DeepShining X5.23547 only 3 days ago, I am confused with "Now for this past week, i have been running it "alone/as is" and still freezes!"

Does anyone else have these issues with X5.23547???

fcp2004

Jul 21, 2009
I strongly dissagree, this Rom has alot of problems. Many applications dont work well in landscape mode, alot of freezes, phone at time doesnt wake up from sleep, you cant see any new sms messages, It gulps battery power. Any Gps navigation software (telenav,garmin, etc) are buggy and unstable on this rom.

Wow, nice comments from a beta tester. :mad: :confused:

I must be a lucky guy as no such issues here, I dont use Garmin, but TomTom works very well.

Realy not very polite, coming from a beta tester you should post your issues in the Beta tester group or at least send a PM to Dot.

I think it is a privilege in this or in other any Rom to be picked as a beta tester and I dont understand this post too. :confused::confused::confused:

X5.23547 worked fine but I´ve switched to X5.21895 because I love the old builds and I have no problems too.

EDIT: A couple of weeks ago I´ve seen a "thank you list" from dot to all beta testers but I know that some of those members are also flashing "competitors Roms" which is ok because we all have the right to test something else, but making remarks like these in the forum is unbelieveble.

Thanks

Last edited:

smik67

Sep 15, 2009
Since I have released DeepShining X5.23547 only 3 days ago, I am confused with "Now for this past week, i have been running it "alone/as is" and still freezes!"

Sorry for confusing you. I guess my week is faster ;). I installed it on the weekend. But i guess because i re-flashed it so many time i lost track with the time. Anyway, as i said, i love the ROM and prefer it on some other ROMS i tired here. But i have this freezing issue that i would like to solve! suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009

Your opinion doesn't matter at all because you are nothing but an Ungratefull BUM...:mad:

So keep your sh*t to yourself and go flash stock which is perfectly suited for a Novice noob like you.:rolleyes:

This is THE most near to perfect roms I have tried in past recent weeks... read my sig. I only show those roms in my sig. which I intend to keep.

Which Rom are you using, X5.21895? X5.23547?

I´ve tried both Roms and I have no freezes, no wake up and I dont know about Garmin but TomTom works like a charm.
(issues were already reported with WM 235xx builds and Garmin here and in Beta Tester team)

There aren´t many structural differences between X5.23547 and X5.23542 tested in Beta Testes group so I really do not understand all these issues now.

But just in case, I leave a few questions:

Did you flash the advised stock rom first?
Are you using the recommended Radio Version?
Did you installed 3rd party apps like co0kies Mod or HTC Messaging client?

Dot I am sure these guys are not flashing as per yourr instruction and thats the only reason they face these problems... flashing to newer stock is a must and I have noticed that if you don't format sd card atleast once before flashing these newer builds you gonna face problems like hangups slow downs and freezes.

smik67

Sep 15, 2009
Dot I am sure these guys are not flashing as per yourr instruction and thats the only reason they face these problems... flashing to newer stock is a must and I have noticed that if you don't format sd card atleast once before flashing these newer builds you gonna face problems like hangups slow downs and freezes.

I might be wrong on this!:confused: but I did not see formating the SD card as one of the steps. I do not use the SD card for flashing. I use USB. As a matter of fact, I have taken the SD out, HSPL...etc but after every thing was done, i just plugged my SD back. That could be the problem. I will back it up, format it then try again and let you know...
Thanks

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
Searching for GPS Location
Realy not very polite, coming from a beta tester you should post your issues in the Beta tester group or at least send a PM to Dot.

I think it is a privilege in this or in other any Rom to be picked as a beta tester and I dont understand this post too. :confused::confused::confused:

X5.23547 worked fine but I´ve switched to X5.21895 because I love the old builds and I have no problems too.

EDIT: A couple of weeks ago I´ve seen a "thank you list" from dot to all beta testers but I know that some of those members are also flashing "competitors Roms" which is ok because we all have the right to test something else, but making remarks like these in the forum is unbelieveble.

Thanks

NOW, Let me make something clear.

1.) ive been away, preoccupied with work so im one of the beta testers that never even tested the new rom.
2.) There is a reason this is called a forum., the best thing you can do as a recipient is tell the creator if there is a problem with his work.
3.) If you havent donated to DOT's work you dont have the right to challenge any other member's quiry. PERIOD

Dot im running the latest ROM, 5.2.23547

Last edited:

Ncruze

Sep 19, 2007
Searching for GPS Location
Your opinion doesn't matter at all because you are nothing but an Ungratefull BUM...:mad:

So keep your sh*t to yourself and go flash stock which is perfectly suited for a Novice noob like you.:rolleyes:

This is THE most near to perfect roms I have tried in past recent weeks... read my sig. I only show those roms in my sig. which I intend to keep.

NOW listen zaruch, whatever the heck ur damn name is.,take a minute from washing your mother's beard n read carefully. First of all, Ive donated to DOT"S work and im a beta tester..i have the right to express my opinion. BECAUSE IF YOU NOTICE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE HAVING PROBLEMS

No body cares about your damn SIG. What WORKS FOR YOU DONT WORK FOR EVERYONE ELSE..NOW KEEP THIS FORUM CLEAN OR TAKE YOUR SAUSAGE FINGER TYPING A** TO ANOTHER FORUM!

Mod Edit: and Nonce your language is not acceptble here - no matter how angry you are!! Make your point without the insults please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
Opera10 giving landscape problem to manila.

Yesterday installed opera10 final version it runs alright speed is good and does rotate to landscape when turn the device... but I have noticed after exiting opera if you slide out the keyboard the manila home tab turns to landscape for 2 secs. and then return to portrait... uninstalling opera correct the problem. Maybe not provisioned for hardware keyboaed devices.

TomasTom

May 1, 2008
Guys, I'm flashing this ROM normal way. Just run the exe file, wait and then I'm using it. No HADR reset no stock ROM installation before custom flashing.
Deep is the best ROM "fast" and usefull. After 3 days of using it no black screen.

empds

Jul 20, 2009

Ncruze,

If this was a post from a newbie or other user I would understand but IMO, as a Beta Tester Member you shouldn´t make these kind of posts specially when 95% of users do not have the same issues and the new Rom is not much different from the last Beta Rom.

I think in these situations the correct thing to do is sending a PM to Dot asking for help, because this kind of posts may scare new users.

You have not just reported a problem, this was what you did in a few words, you completly ruined DeepShining reputation, you could said "I am going back to deepshining previous Rom", but no, you´ve decided to say "I might even switch back to the stock 6.5 ROM".

I dont know what is going on in Dot's mind about your post, but I am sure is not a happy thought.

Dont get me wrong this is only my opinion.

BTW: for all users reading this post I love this Rom. Give it a try.

Regards

portos03

Nov 30, 2007
Zürich
i love this ROM..
been trying energy before (which is also good) but IMO, this rom is better than energy..
there are of course, still room for improvements....the integrated locksreen with password for example..

empds

Jul 20, 2009
i love this ROM..
been trying energy before (which is also good) but IMO, this rom is better than energy..
there are of course, still room for improvements....the integrated locksreen with password for example..

X5.21895 (com2, old build) and X5.23547 (com5, new build), both have integrated locksreen with password.

superkevx

Feb 13, 2009

Ncruze,

If this was a post from a newbie or other user I would understand but IMO, as a Beta Tester Member you shouldn´t make these kind of posts specially when 95% of users do not have the same issues and the new Rom is not much different from the last Beta Rom.

I think in these situations the correct thing to do is sending a PM to Dot asking for help, because this kind of posts may scare new users.

You have not just reported a problem, this was what you did in a few words, you completly ruined DeepShining reputation, you could said "I am going back to deepshining previous Rom", but no, you´ve decided to say "I might even switch back to the stock 6.5 ROM".

I dont know what is going on in Dot's mind about your post, but I am sure is not a happy thought.

Dont get me wrong this is only my opinion.

BTW: for all users reading this post I love this Rom. Give it a try.

Regards

i have to agree, not to start any conflict but ncruze i don't understand what you're doing wrong. i NEVER use 6.5.5 but after flashing x5 23547 to do the video for dot I never looked back. Everything is working fine and I have installed plenty of applications with hardly any problems. Which apps are you having trouble with in landscape? I use iGO8 gps nav app all the time on this rom and it runs fine! never tried garmin but you should try iGO8 it's really really good.

Also, ncruze, being a donator does not make you any more knowledgeable than anyone else on this forum so don't talk like that. I understand you're frustrated but your problems seem pretty isolated in your case so keep searching in other parts of the forum not just here. You might find some answers.

on a positive note, thanks again dot for this great rom. I've been visiting xda less nowadays because I'm so satisfied with x5. Let me know if you need another video done of your newest rom or something.

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
on a positive note, thanks again dot for this great rom. I've been visiting xda less nowadays because I'm so satisfied with x5. Let me know if you need another video done of your newest rom or something.

Hi mate,

The current video has a sudden wonder or amazement ;) and is quiet popular so there is no need for a new one for now.

Thanks a million

kwalk316

Jan 29, 2008
Sacramento, CA

Maybe its the user because I have not experienced any of these issues. I don't use any GPS software so I can't comment on that. If you don't like it at all then just flash the stock rom and go about your business, there really isn't any need to bash the work.

kwalk316

Jan 29, 2008
Sacramento, CA
wait, no need to hard reset, just extract both files in attach:

Copy htc_LS_TimeBG.png to the \Windows folder
Copy LS_Lockscene_480x800.cpr to \Windows\Lockscreen folder

Soft Reset and should be restored as original deepshining X5.23547

Wish I had saw your post before I hard reset...lol...but thanks for the reply, I will save these files for the next time I mess up the lockscreen:)

dotcompt

Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Yesterday installed opera10 final version it runs alright speed is good and does rotate to landscape when turn the device... but I have noticed after exiting opera if you slide out the keyboard the manila home tab turns to landscape for 2 secs. and then return to portrait... uninstalling opera correct the problem. Maybe not provisioned for hardware keyboaed devices.

Check this out, Opera 10 Repack (Many different Flavors :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5902175&postcount=1669

I have not test this since I still prefer 9.7, I like to zoom in and out with the zoombar and it take less resources.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.