[Q] Help S2 won't accept firmware or enter recovery

Search This thread

starbogt

Aug 26, 2011
recently tried updating to ics via kies but it failed and phone said to eneter recovery... tried that nothing happened it won't enter recovery mode but will access download mode.
searched for a few days for answers and tried flashing with Odin ... the firmware fails then tried the kernel and this passed but still won't flash.

Used a guide on here and followed all methods and then resorted to flashing the bootloader but this also failed now I'm stuck with 2 counts on the kernel a void warranty and a USB jig that won't reset the counter!

Any help please...I just need the phone up and running ! I've rooted and flashed other phones but tried keeping this standard but kies altered that!

don't say use search button as I've been searching for days now this is last resort before paying out at service centre.

Thanks

Andrew

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
What Magic are you expecting from here now my friend, we to type here the same what you found while searching...

Since you are able to download mod, did you try changing the PC for ODIN flash

starbogt

Aug 26, 2011
Don't quite understand exactly what you are asking me but I turned Kies off and all running software and run Odin 1.85 the kernel will flash but the phone won't accept any firmwares at all! it fails .

is there any way to get the phone into recovery ? I thought there may be some way using ADB or another way around to enter recovery or restart update !

ANDROID1997

Apr 22, 2012
UNITED KINGDOM
dont use stock ics firmware, use the gingerbread version

step 1. download your stock firmware from here
step 2. flash using odin
How to flash.
- Open ODIN.
- Select CODE / MODEM / CSC.
- Put phone in download mode. (HOME - VOLUMN DOWN - LOCK)
- Connect phone with cable. Push start (Wait till phone reboot on Android start screen!)
step 3. download old bootloader from here,
then flash it useing odin (phone must be in download mode)
put it in PDA: and then click start
step 4. learn how to make your own jig from here
step 5. once made just shutdown phone and plug it in, wait 8 seconds
that easy

>>>read this other user's<<<
if i made a mistake dont be mean about it, just confront me, then i will fix my
mistakes

Last edited:

starbogt

Aug 26, 2011
@ ANDROID1997 thank you I've tried that method and it fails the firmware every time.

@ atifis this is the i9100

@ rocky23 thanks but this is what I tried but the phone won't emergency recover with Kies I've tried on 3 pcs and it won't work.

The phone only came back from Phones 4 U a month ago due to a failed USB ! and now this ! been most unreliable phone I've had!

Is there anything else I can try?

starbogt

Aug 26, 2011
when installing boot loader I get

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<ID:0/004> Odin v.3 engine (ID:4)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/004>
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

ANDROID1997

Apr 22, 2012
UNITED KINGDOM
did you try a diffrent usb cable
clean usb port on phone and pc
disable samsung kies

****do you assume that the phone "see's the light"
yes but there no such thing as a dead phone ****

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

take out battery
check under the battery does it say
MODEL: GT-I9100T
or
MODEL: GT-I9100

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
More trys:

A) If you are on windows 7 run ODIN as administrator ,
b) Try with different versions of ODIN

starbogt

Aug 26, 2011
Its gt-i9100 tried different cable but going to try pc without kies later if no joy i will have to go to repair centre I need the phone sorting quick

starbogt

Aug 26, 2011
@ZACQ8 I'm on windows 7 as hidden admin as well no luck and tried Odin 1.83 and 1.85

Rocky23 how do you mean in a clear landuage ? I will try and get a message together when my sons in bed thank you

starbogt

Aug 26, 2011
Quick update .... Changed PC and uninstalled kies changed to the ics and bootloader installed and everything installed :) just dowlnoading all my apps now.

Thank you to all that have posted and helped :) never needed to post before so thanks everyone.

droid_me

Apr 22, 2012
Quick update .... Changed PC and uninstalled kies changed to the ics and bootloader installed and everything installed :) just dowlnoading all my apps now.

Thank you to all that have posted and helped :) never needed to post before so thanks everyone.

hi starbogt,
could you please write down the step by step the way you've suceeded bringing the phone up? as my s2 couldn't get into download mode nor recover mode, it just show a picture of phone---/!\---pc, anyway the odin still can detect my phone. i see some others are experience this problem too but haven't get clear solving yet. many thanks if there is any master here can help :D

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
hi starbogt,
could you please write down the step by step the way you've suceeded bringing the phone up? as my s2 couldn't get into download mode nor recover mode, it just show a picture of phone---/!\---pc, anyway the odin still can detect my phone. i see some others are experience this problem too but haven't get clear solving yet. many thanks if there is any master here can help :D
@ Droid_one : the ways to get Download mod from this stage are

1) pull the batter out and insert and Voi-down + Home + Power
2) USB jig

did you try any of the above

EDIT : your case and starbogt's case are different, he was able to get Download mod and unable to falsh from ODIN...

Last edited:

droid_me

Apr 22, 2012
@ Droid_one : the ways to get Download mod from this stage are

1) pull the batter out and insert and Voi-down + Home + Power
2) USB jig

did you try any of the above

EDIT : your case and starbogt's case are different, he was able to get Download mod and unable to falsh from ODIN...

hi zacq8,
thank you for your quick reply, very appreciated.
i just realise my s2 is i9100G, while i flashed with i9100, i think this caused the problem.
i've tried the 1st step you mentioned, but it still displaying the phone---/!\----pc picture. yet i dun know where to get usb jig in my region, do you have any other remedies with this?

sorry, i'm new with the work and the forum, should i create a separate thread or just keep in?

ZACQ8

Jan 24, 2012
Kuwait
you should get DL mod and to flash a ROM from ODIN, this is the only remidy now as far my knowledge...

I heard the "Phone!PC" also a kind of forced download mod, but (after making 100% sure) keep it for worst and last case if you fail to get DL mod for flashing a stock ROM. (please dont attempt now I am not fully sure)

Where is your location, check somebody near to you is available in these Jig owners, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1495867

also it is not a big deal to make a jig, if you now how to solder, can follow this video guide : http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-hacks/how-to-make-a-usb-jig-for-your-galaxy-s2/

No need to create a seperated thread, you continue posting here only.....bothway you will get same response.

Last edited:
Reactions: droid_me

droid_me

Apr 22, 2012
you should get DL mod and to flash a ROM from ODIN, this is the only remidy now as far my knowledge...

I heard the "Phone!PC" also a kind of forced download mod, but (after making 100% sure) keep it for worst and last case if you fail to get DL mod for flashing a stock ROM. (please dont attempt now I am not fully sure)

Where is your location, check somebody near to you is available in these Jig owners, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1495867

also it is not a big deal to make a jig, if you now how to solder, can follow this video guide : http://galaxys2root.com/galaxy-s2-hacks/how-to-make-a-usb-jig-for-your-galaxy-s2/

No need to create a seperated thread, you continue posting here only.....bothway you will get same response.

wonder if i can charge the battery in this situation? i'm not sure how much it is left from the last time it run.
okay, i'll try to get a jig asap, meanwhile could you please guide step by step how to use the jig and odin for s2 i9100G? does it restore to the original factory ROM or others?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.