[ROOT GUIDE]How to root the Galaxy Young series.

Search This thread

dany547

Feb 8, 2008
Iași
www.geekchronicles.ro
hi guys, a friend of mine had the Galaxy Y S5369 from Vodafone and it didnt had root for it. I decided to make a universal root zip for the Galaxy Y series running STOCK android 2.3.X .
This will work with the following models (maybe other Galaxy ones too, this a preatty universal method among Galaxy devices.You can try this on other modes on your own risk)

Samsung Galaxy Y series
- GT-S5360
- GT-S5360B
- GT-S5360L
- GT-S5360T
- GT-S5363
- GT-S5367
- GT-S5368
- GT-S5369

NOTE: if in recovery you get an error like CANT MOUNT SDCARD, CANNOT FIND /sdcard you need to format your sd into a card reader. Then retry.

NOTE THAT BY FLASHING THIS ZIP OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CUSTOM FIRMWARE, RECOVERY YOUR WARRANTY IS VOIDED. I, MYSELF OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF XDA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOUR DEVICE. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTE ALSO THAT YOU WILL FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Instructions
-copy the zip to your SDCARD
-turn off the phone
-reboot into recovery (volume up+home+power)
-choose apply update from sdcard
-select from the sd the update.zip file
-reboot system now
-you are now rooted.

Download

Last edited:
Dany, how we can unroot?
If you're using SuperSU:-
1. Open the app.
2. Go to the Settings tab.
3. Under Cleanup, tap on the full unroot. Tap Yes.
4. If your device is stuck on reboot, just pull the battery and insert it back.

Sent from my highly pimped Galaxy Pocket.
1. Love doesn't need any reason.
2. Wanna speed up 3G (not 4G LTE)?
Here it is:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2586876
3. My blog
4. Press the thanks button if I really helped/assisted you.

Deiwor

Jun 16, 2011
Hi,

I have a Samsung GS-S5360 with Android 2.3.6. After installing update.zip I see the "superuser" app installed. But when I open ES file Explorer setting root explorer to delete some apps, i get an error message "This function is not supported in your device".

Is maybe the superuser.apk an outdated version of the apk?

Thank you!

makwacha

Mar 10, 2017
i have update it and superuser is installed but when am trying to unlock it. still says root your phone? s5369

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hi guys, a friend of mine had the Galaxy Y S5369 from Vodafone and it didnt had root for it. I decided to make a universal root zip for the Galaxy Y series running STOCK android 2.3.X .
    This will work with the following models (maybe other Galaxy ones too, this a preatty universal method among Galaxy devices.You can try this on other modes on your own risk)

Samsung Galaxy Y series
    - GT-S5360
    - GT-S5360B
    - GT-S5360L
    - GT-S5360T
    - GT-S5363
    - GT-S5367
    - GT-S5368
    - GT-S5369

NOTE: if in recovery you get an error like CANT MOUNT SDCARD, CANNOT FIND /sdcard you need to format your sd into a card reader. Then retry.

NOTE THAT BY FLASHING THIS ZIP OR ANY OTHER FORM OF CUSTOM FIRMWARE, RECOVERY YOUR WARRANTY IS VOIDED. I, MYSELF OR ANY OTHER MEMBER OF XDA ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE YOU MAY CAUSE TO YOUR DEVICE. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS AND NOTE ALSO THAT YOU WILL FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Instructions
    -copy the zip to your SDCARD
    -turn off the phone
    -reboot into recovery (volume up+home+power)
    -choose apply update from sdcard
    -select from the sd the update.zip file
    -reboot system now
    -you are now rooted.

Download